How many more sorry, horrible, just plain bad coaches

eagle76

can espn hire as analysts? Just finished with the game and did watch some of the 360 coverage. DiNardo was on there talking down AU and saaying what he would do. Is,'t this the same guy that got fired from lsu and Indiana? Isn't this the guy that coached an lsu team that had the game won in JH but kept passing the ball? Who else is left out there for espn to hire? abc/espn has Donovan, tater tot (on radio), Davie, Corso, DiNardo, and the leprechaun. Am I missing any? Speaking of missing, how many plays after change of possessions and timeouts did the espn main channel miss. I was watching both main channel and 360 and 360 would show the play while espn was still on commercial break. What a joke to be considered the premier college football station, and can not get all of the plays shown.

DiNardo was on there talking down AU and saaying what he would do. Is,'t this the same guy that got fired from lsu and Indiana? Isn't this the guy that coached an lsu team that had the game won in JH but kept passing the ball?

It was Curly Hallman that kept throwing the ball in 1994 that lost the game for LSU. That was the game that lost him his job at LSU. DiNardo actually was 3-2 against Auburn while at LSU from 1995-1999.

I see your point though. It irritates me to see coaches that can't keep a job of their own criticizing others.

I knew that about Hallman. Just got caught up in listening to JD criticize our coach and team. Regardless, these x-coaches are living out their glory that they could not acheive on the field by being talking heads and a$$es on tv.

Just want to add that Arizona St.. with 1:30 left, punted to USC.. and lost because they couldn't stop the clock. I just want to say.. That was one of the dumbest calls I have seen in a while.

yeah, I saw that too...pretty stupid, huh??

dumbest call i've seen in years. seriously. "i can take a crack at it on fourth down OR i can punt the ball away. wait, with the new rules and my three timeouts, the best i can hope for is about 35 seconds left on the clock, which will be running on the change of possession, and no timeouts left..... yep! i'm punting!"

Just want to add that Arizona St.. with 1:30 left, punted to USC.. and lost because they couldn't stop the clock. I just want to say.. That was one of the dumbest calls I have seen in a while.

Asinine. It was 4th and 28, ASU had only 2 timeouts left. Punt the ball??? :no:

That was the game, they punted the game away.

DiNardo was on there talking down AU and saaying what he would do. Is,'t this the same guy that got fired from lsu and Indiana? Isn't this the guy that coached an lsu team that had the game won in JH but kept passing the ball?

It was Curly Hallman that kept throwing the ball in 1994 that lost the game for LSU. That was the game that lost him his job at LSU. DiNardo actually was 3-2 against Auburn while at LSU from 1995-1999.

I see your point though. It irritates me to see coaches that can't keep a job of their own criticizing others.

I used to be able to catch WWL AM 870 out of NOLA coming home from work at night. One night (1999) Dinardo was doing his radio talk show as people kept calling in saying: 'I'll help you pack', 'You're a disgrace', etc... It was pretty heated. Maybe he is still bitter about the SEC... :roflol:

Archived