Get A Load Of This Whine Job

AU Tailgating Rules

He sent me back the same canned response he gave everyone else about the SEC warning, totally dismissing the rest of my email. I responded with "Nice canned response, jackass."

Here is his rebuttal: "Blake,

Nothing canned about the response. Just sharing some facts with you. But I guess when you're proven wrong, and you have nothing to say, you just resort to calling people names.

-- Peter"

And here's mine:

"I find it quite humorous you have enough time to play email tag with a fan of a rival team, but I'll take the bait. Sorry guy, but I've read the exact same response you gave me in a post on a message board. That's the definition of "canned." You took a long message with many points proving you absolutely, foolishly incorrect and dismissed it all to point out a warning about playing music over the PA system in the stadium. Did Gator nation try that one after the big L against Miss State in 2004, too? Cowbells were too loud? Everyone must just have it out for you. You poor, poor people. Well, really, I am sorry you have to claim that team.

Disregarding the rest of my email instantly removes any credibility you...excuse me, you have none. Google yourself and you'll find that you are touted among the homer crybaby elite of recent years. I guess if that's what you're going for, keep it up, but it smacks of talentless affectedness.

By the way.

You don't get bigger impact.

From breaking your "points" down.

Into overly dramatic one sentence paragraphs.

Fire me back a response as soon as you finish off that box of Teddy Grahams you're working on. I'd take a shower sometime today too, if I were you. You still reek of LOSER.

Blake Hicks"

Done with this chump.

:au: > :uf: wah wah wah

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a gatorfans replay on ITAT in slo mo, it shows a hesitation of the ball, and the a sudden change of direction. either a fumble from the ball slipping out or a swat. Either way THE PLAY STANDS!!!!! so quit yer whinin too.

He sent me back the same canned response he gave everyone else about the SEC warning, totally dismissing the rest of my email. I responded with "Nice canned response, jackass."

Here is his rebuttal: "Blake,

Nothing canned about the response. Just sharing some facts with you. But I guess when you're proven wrong, and you have nothing to say, you just resort to calling people names.

-- Peter"

And here's mine:

"I find it quite humorous you have enough time to play email tag with a fan of a rival team, but I'll take the bait. Sorry guy, but I've read the exact same response you gave me in a post on a message board. That's the definition of "canned." You took a long message with many points proving you absolutely, foolishly incorrect and dismissed it all to point out a warning about playing music over the PA system in the stadium. Did Gator nation try that one after the big L against Miss State in 2004, too? Cowbells were too loud? Everyone must just have it out for you. You poor, poor people. Well, really, I am sorry you have to claim that team.

Disregarding the rest of my email instantly removes any credibility you...excuse me, you have none. Google yourself and you'll find that you are touted among the homer crybaby elite of recent years. I guess if that's what you're going for, keep it up, but it smacks of talentless affectedness.

By the way.

Fire me back a response as soon as you finish off that box of Teddy Grahams you're working on. I'd take a shower sometime today too, if I were you. You still reek of LOSER.

Blake Hicks"

Done with this chump.

:au: > :uf: wah wah wah

Now THAT deserves a :thumbsup: . Great reply. Worthy of Ghostly, TMajor or Titanesque noteriety.

I saw someone posted the "deadspin.com" link to ol peter's whining...

thought i would link up the edsbs.com site...ran by a huge florida fan...throwing peter under the bus by calling him "the worst columnist in america"

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=2719

here's the link to the pictures thousands of drunken, unsafe, evil auburn fans rushing the field:

http://fromthebleachersblog.blogspot.com/2...s-is-lying.html (AHH THE TERROR...TWO CHEERLEADERS WITH FLAGS!!!)

mabye it's just me, but, if you're own fans think you're a moron...you're a moron.

I have never seen an opposing column so pitiful.

http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...335/1065/sports

Does anyone know if this fellow is related to Paul Finebaum ... sounds like he uses a similiar approach in trying to insite the UF fan base ... much talk without anything to support his position.

I would say that based on the amount of venom that is coming out of each subsequent e-mail he is not very happy with his inbox being filled.

I think that I have got him upset! This is his latest reply to me!

Jason,

God help me for continuing to waste my time with you, but here's my last e-mail.

Whenever you put quote marks on something, it means you're quoting directly, verbatim. You quote me as saying in the article. "A Tradition of the University." I never said that. Go back and read the column.

Heck, I'll give you what I wrote, and it's this, "Auburn Tiger fans, a goodly portion of whom had not only spent the day tailgating, but doing what goes hand-in-hand with that particular college football tradition. Drinking."

As I've told other e-mailers, and I'll spell it out for you real slowly so you can grasp what I'm saying, is that this ... is ... a ... college ... football ... tradition. Not ... just ... at ... Auburn.

Heck, Florida is one of the worst offenders. Look at what they call the Florida-Georgia game -- the world's largest outdoor cocktail party. I happen to know the family of the kid who was beaten to death before the Florida-Georgia game last year. They happen to be from my hometown. I've written that the culture of that game needs to change.

What happens to open-container laws on college football Saturdays? And again, not just at Auburn. Everywhere. I'm a big advocate for curtailing the drinking and enforcing the open-container laws.

For me to say someone's going to get killed ... well someone did get killed. In fact, not only was someone killed last year before the Florida-Georgia game, but also before a UCF game.

At any rate, please don't misquote me, and please don't accuse me of exactly what you're doing -- missing the point.

-- Peter

Sounds like nancy pants is getting himself deeper in his hole............you know how to make it stop? Quit digging!

He said the same thing to me about the guy getting killed guess what I know a guy that got beaten with a brick by a UF fan a couple of years ago at the UGAvsUF game but guess what stopping all the drinking isn't going to stop some ass hat from getting drunk anyway and doing it again. There was a lot of disdain in his response to me.

Hey..................wait the damn minute.....that's Peyton Manning in that photo!!!!! :)

do you guys really think that was a fumble? if so, you talk about this bias ideas that your bama rivals have.......look at the actual replay and tell me that was a fumble........Blackmon didnt touch the ball till after it was out of Leaks hand. I would imagne that it didnt really make a difference in the game, AU had plenty of time to come back it UF got a field goal or something.....but come on....that wasnt a fumble.........also i realize this little bit of the truth falls on deaf ears.....you guys will never admit to actually getting a call.

I've seen the replay a few times and far as I can tell, Blackmon touched the ball before it left Leak's hand completely....therefore it is a fumble. Maybe Auburn got away with a call, it happens.

do you guys really think that was a fumble? if so, you talk about this bias ideas that your bama rivals have.......look at the actual replay and tell me that was a fumble........Blackmon didnt touch the ball till after it was out of Leaks hand. I would imagne that it didnt really make a difference in the game, AU had plenty of time to come back it UF got a field goal or something.....but come on....that wasnt a fumble.........also i realize this little bit of the truth falls on deaf ears.....you guys will never admit to actually getting a call.

Is that right? Then prepare to be humbled. From my seat in the northwest stands (same one I've been sitting in for 28 yrs), it looked to me like Leak's arm was going forward, not tucking the ball, therefore an incompletion. Of course I was elated when the ref threw the white beanbag & called it a fumble, but on the change of possession I was yelling for AU to hurry to the line & call a play so Meyer couldn't challenge. I was sure that if he did, there would be incontrovertible evidence to overturn it. I was stunned when the ruling on the field stood. So IMO yes, we *DID* get a call. We caught a major break. At this point, I can see how the call really could've gone either way, but that's after 5 days & 500 looks at it. The ref on the field got ONE look, & the upstairs ref got a total of maybe 2 minutes. Both did the best job they could in the short time they had; no one should fault them for that. ENOUGH SAID.

The real story here isn't the call itself, it's the tremendous whining about the call, other calls, our fans, our stadium, & any other @#$%^ thing the Gator Nation can find to whine about because they lost their 1st game. I'm not talking about Peter Halitosis; his article & email replies to people on this board have shown him to be a total hack. I'm talking about actual Gator fans. Lurk around on their msg boards & all you see is conspiracy theories about the refs, complaints about the "artificial noise", & basically searching for any possible reason they lost, other than the fact that AU was the better team that night (I have yet to run across a post on the Gator boards that admits that...but I'll keep looking). I've been involved in enough AU-UF games to know the kind of reputation their fans have, but this year's game has given me a little deeper insight into this group.

P.S. I wonder if they whined this bad after a loss during the Spurrier years (back when they were actually a great team).....

P.S. I wonder if they whined this bad after a loss during the Spurrier years (back when they were actually a great team).....

Worse, if you can believe it. The Zook years actually humbled them - a little . . . As to all the other, sad to say, but that's just :uf: being :uf: .

OK...This is why IMO it was a fumble...I am not sure if Trey Blackmon touched it...if he did then it was a fumble. Lets just say he didn't...

Leak was on the 15 yard line. When the ball came out of his hand it landed on the 17. So because of his -2 yard throw it counts as a backwards pass...also making it a fumble...

I just looked at the video on rivals...and either way you look at it it was a fumble.

The only way it wasn't is if Blackmon bat the ball backwards after it left Leak's hand. Which I did not see.

sorry ECEstudent but the video, the officials and the SEC confirmed my point of view

By the way.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

My favorite part of a great e-mail.

You should post more often.

OK...This is why IMO it was a fumble...I am not sure if Trey Blackmon touched it...if he did then it was a fumble. Lets just say he didn't...

Leak was on the 15 yard line. When the ball came out of his hand it landed on the 17. So because of his -2 yard throw it counts as a backwards pass...also making it a fumble...

I just looked at the video on rivals...and either way you look at it it was a fumble.

The only way it wasn't is if Blackmon bat the ball backwards after it left Leak's hand. Which I did not see.

sorry ECEstudent but the video, the officials and the SEC confirmed my point of view

Thank You....Finally I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this I was saying when I saw the play live that he was turned to his side, therby being a lateral, and so it doesnt matter if it was a pass or not. I never mentioned anything before because I thought maybe I was missing something, if you look at the play as it happens, the camera view from the 50....not the close-ups or the camera that is behind it appears if Leak throws the ball to the side and behind him...a lateral pass.

But you know what...it really doesnt matter, whether I believe it was a fumble, whether you believe it was a fumble...the call on the field was fumble, the refs looked at it, what more do you want. If there was no instant replay the call is still a fumble..no one paid off the refs and Auburn has nothing to do with it..calls good or bad are part of the game of Football..again the point is one play does not win or lose the game...(unless its a TD into the endzone on the final second). 27-17 ...bring on Tulane

Go get the tractor, cause that dead horse is going to the pasture for proper burial! :):)

Well, here's Mr. Whines reply to me:

To: mswareagle@yahoo.com

Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:37:09 PM

Subject: Re: Whine whine whine!

Wow. A gutless anonymous e-mail from a War Eagle fan. How unusual. FYI, you might want to learn about your school getting reprimanded by the SEC for their totally unethical and unsportsmanlike conduct during that game.

Noise in the system | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, Fla.

I trust that you won't find this news item reported in an Alabama paper.

-- Peter

ps -- i know it must be shocking to learn that auburn was flaunting the rules. it's so unlike that school.

Look who's the gutless idiot! REPRIMANDED??? What a joke!

I've noticed that he likes pointing out that a Florida newspaper reported the "Noise in the system" article and he keeps saying stuff like "I trust that you won't find this news item reported in an Alabama paper." I think he assumes that all of Alabama's media is pro-auburn...

Hey Peter, virtually every paper in the state (with the exception of the Opelika-Auburn News) is pro-Bama..we have Bama controlled and Bama spun media...Trust me I would guess that a Bamaham paper would put that on the front page over the "Kennedy Assassinated" story if there was any substance to it.

Well. I thought it was an imcomplete pass until I saw it was a fumble but was then told it could have been an imcomplete pass depending on what the instant replay official ruled about incomplete passes compared to the fumble which I thought it was.

Either way it helped me sell a few more knives to the gator nation.

Well. I thought it was an imcomplete pass until I saw it was a fumble but was then told it could have been an imcomplete pass depending on what the instant replay official ruled about incomplete passes compared to the fumble which I thought it was.

Either way it helped me sell a few more knives to the gator nation.

Pink ones, no doubt.

Archived