Get A Load Of This Whine Job

AU Tailgating Rules

"It was not a safe environment, as evidenced by the thousands of fans who rushed the field unhindered immediately after Auburn scored a gimme touchdown on the last play of the game."

Piped in Crowd noise???

Did I miss something....

I'll chip in the first $1.00 to send Mr Kerasotis a nice soothing tube of 200.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a moron. i attended a few games at the swamp when i was in college in the early 90's. they used to allow pass-outs to students especially, to quickly run across the street to the myriad of bars anxiously waiting their arrival, my friends said they did it to get super stoked for the second half... it worked. gainesville was one large drunkfest the last time i attended, as i am sure every college on gameday is to some extent. hey kettle, this is pot, you are black.

Good call - I've been there more recently, and they were still carrying on that grand tradition.

As for the concept of "class," they (at least the great majority of them) have none. Zero. Zip. It is absolutely a different world down there when it comes to college football - and most everything else, for that matter. I'm sure they do have some decent fans, but I haven't met them. In my experience, not much but a bunch of scuzzy, slimy, drunken (and worse) degenerate hooligans.

well "peter" please go back and review every other play in the game.

lg_COLUMNISTS0306.gif

Hi I'm gator bait

sounds like he was drunk himself to write such nonsense

"it was not a safe environment, as evidenced by the thousands of fans who rushed the field unhindered immediately after Auburn scored a gimme touchdown on the last play of the game."

has he ever attended a game in the brewery/distillery called the swamp?

"What a dump!"- Betty Davis

To be fair, I'm not really a fan of the "pumped in" tunes during games - I think it kind of cheapens the "college football" atmosphere, but that's just MHO.

That said, (1) the "pumped in" sounds only come in in certain situations, and then only for 5-10 seconds max (i.e., long enough to get to Axl's "WHHOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo"). What's funny is that, at those times (i.e., opponent's 3rd or 4th down), the crowd is so loud (or at least it was Sat night) that you (really) can barely hear the music, anyway. Although, as indicated, I'm not a fan of the artificial noise during games, I actually think that, for the pre-game stuff (AU Creed, Eye of the Tiger, etc.), the PA isn't loud enough - and I sit in the end zone in front of the Jumbo Tron! Point being that if this hack finds the "pumped in" sound at JHS "ear-splitting," that doesn't say much for the Swamp . . .

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT TULANE!!

what a moron. i attended a few games at the swamp when i was in college in the early 90's. they used to allow pass-outs to students especially, to quickly run across the street to the myriad of bars anxiously waiting their arrival, my friends said they did it to get super stoked for the second half... it worked. gainesville was one large drunkfest the last time i attended, as i am sure every college on gameday is to some extent. hey kettle, this is pot, you are black.

Good call - I've been there more recently, and they were still carrying on that grand tradition.

As for the concept of "class," they (at least the great majority of them) have none. Zero. Zip. It is absolutely a different world down there when it comes to college football - and most everything else, for that matter. I'm sure they do have some decent fans, but I haven't met them. In my experience, not much but a bunch of scuzzy, slimy, drunken (and worse) degenerate hooligans.

Actually they have stopped the passes during halftime its been about 2 years. As for the knucklehead that wrote this article he obviously doesnt know s%#t from shinola.

This nut should have read the comments of Leak and Meyer after the game where they agreed that the standard is indisputible evidence. (This does not mean evidence that satisfies your personal agenda to sell newspaper stories). All I have to say to the guy is :cry3: whaaaaa.

This nut should have read the comments of Leak and Meyer after the game where they agreed that the standard is indisputible evidence. (This does not mean evidence that satisfies your personal agenda to sell newspaper stories). All I have to say to the guy is :cry3: whaaaaa.

Off topic thread hijack -- but is that sig picture of your's our new drum & bugle corps?

Off topic thread hijack -- but is that sig picture of your's our new drum & bugle corps?

And if it is, where are the honey buns on their heads?

Hey guys, this fellow is no different than several of the bamaham writers. Just go back and look at their articles after the arky loss several years ago (excessive celebration game) or the lswho loss (no call PI game). Most of these so called journalists are homers and are proud of it. They also are playing to their readership. FACTS and ad$/circulation are diametrically opposed. They love to play the "we've been wronged" song over and over. The dirt road alumni love them. We think and know they are jokes.

Florida fans that sat behind me were super cocky..............till ohhhhh say about the 4th quarter! That is when they became just plain rude and crude. One guy was hollering GD and MF and after a few good " Beatdown looks " went his way he got his sorry gator butt up and left!

Honestly I have never been around more obnoxious and pompous fans in my life...............EVEN in Tuscalooser!

Florida fans that sat behind me were super cocky..............till ohhhhh say about the 4th quarter! That is when they became just plain rude and crude. One guy was hollering GD and MF and after a few good " Beatdown looks " went his way he got his sorry gator butt up and left!

Honestly I have never been around more obnoxious and pompous fans in my life...............EVEN in Tuscalooser!

did you play Trumpet yardbird? I was in the trumpet section for '03 and '04 when that picture was taken, im not in it but i played with all those guys. Do you go back for the alumni band and will we see you on the field this saturday?

If Leak had thrown a incompplete pass then UF would have faced 4th and long so they would have kicked a FG to take a 20-18 lead. Auburn made one of two FG's after that so we would have still won 21-20 even without the last 6 points added on by the last fumble.

There were several calls that went UF's way like the PF call that gave UF an extra 15 yards when the Auburn player started the tackle in bounds and finished it just out of bounds. What was he supposed to do defy gravity and keep himself and the UF player upright?

What Cost UF the game was Auburn holding the UF offense to 90 yards in the 2nd half.

I just finished watching a replay of the game. Did anyone go back and look at our possesion just before Leak's fumble? The refs called an illegal shift on a long pass play of ours. Brandon called an audible and moved some people around. It appeared everyone was set for longer than 1 second except for Courtney who was in motion. Since we are playing the game of ifs...... :no::no::no:

Guest BoStillKnows
isn't keratosis a disease?

Evidently it is a disease affecting the brain and causes hallucinations, impairs judgement, and I'm sure it causes ED and impotency.

I wrote to him, he wrote back, I asked him about the "thousands of fans rushed the field unhindered" and the drinking. He dodged the first question and took back what he said about the drinking, I sent an e-mail back and asked about my first question, so let's see what he's going to say this time.

Spouting off with this kind of BS will get him hired by ESPN opposite the 3 stooges at Gameday...

Peter, lay the crack pipe down and step away!

I think Mr. Keratosis is pissed off because he has to go through life looking like JM J Bullock.

my email

Normaly I don't respond to whiners but you took the prize. I watched from the television and even with the broadcasters claiming it was an incomplete pass I saw Chris Leak abort the pass to whomever was his target and Tray Blackmon knock the ball out of his hand. I dare say the referee had a better view than you did with your binoculars. I watched it again several times Sunday and yesterday and I still think Leak fumbled.

Replays. Ban them. Let's go back to no replays whatsoever and let the onfield referee make the call without oversight. Oh that's right, he called it a fumble.

Dangerous stadiums. Ben Hill Griffin. I haven't been there since I spent an unpleasant afternood dodging whiskey bottles and cups of soda thrown by Florida fans. Far more dangerous than cheering fans.

His reply

Florida Field is no picnic for opposing fans either. I never said it was.

-- Peter Kerasotis

My final

I just looked at the post game replay and saw security and the yellow jackets worn by event staff keeping all those fans in the stand where they belonged. I only saw players and staff on the field. You know what Peter, I don't believe you were really there.

I will give him credit for answering the mail.

And if it is, where are the honey buns on their heads?

Good one!

"Andrew,

Perhaps you can explain to me who all those people were streaming onto the field before the final gun sounded. Find a tape and watch. Even if Auburn wanted to, they couldn't have (and didn't) kick a PAT after that final touchdown.

As for the artificial noise, well lo and behold, Auburn was reprimanded by the SEC on Monday for doing exactly that. Imagine that. Here's a link, though I'm guessing you'll find a hard time finding this news item reported in an Alabama paper.

Noise in the system | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, Fla.

-- Peter Kerasotis"

I am currently in the process of getting my codecs working so I can view this alleged tape and when I do..I'm gonna pick him apart (or commend him for something I didn't notice...he has binocs btw)

"Andrew,

Perhaps you can explain to me who all those people were streaming onto the field before the final gun sounded. Find a tape and watch. Even if Auburn wanted to, they couldn't have (and didn't) kick a PAT after that final touchdown.

As for the artificial noise, well lo and behold, Auburn was reprimanded by the SEC on Monday for doing exactly that. Imagine that. Here's a link, though I'm guessing you'll find a hard time finding this news item reported in an Alabama paper.

Noise in the system | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, Fla.

-- Peter Kerasotis"

I am currently in the process of getting my codecs working so I can view this alleged tape and when I do..I'm gonna pick him apart (or commend him for something I didn't notice...he has binocs btw)

I dont have to watch a tape...trust me no one other than those that were allowed were out on that field. The 100 or so yellow jacketed men would have had something to say about that...and as far as the extra point goes by rule a team that is up (and an extra point does not affect the win) the game is officially over and no extra point is kicked...hes a moron dont bother looking at game tape. 27-17 nuff said

Archived