Get A Load Of This Whine Job

AU Tailgating Rules

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this loon should stop writing and take the job in the booth handling the replays. Or, maybe it would be too scary for him to go into a booth, much like it is at an Auburn game. I'm happy to know that BenHill Griffin never gets loud. :rolleyes:

What a freaking buffon.

Wow. What a classless and very biased :rolleyes: column. It's one thing to talk about the play you want to hang your loss on, but to talk about the fans.....very classless. :no:

well "peter" please go back and review every other play in the game.

lg_COLUMNISTS0306.gif

Hi I'm gator bait

sounds like he was drunk himself to write such nonsense

"it was not a safe environment, as evidenced by the thousands of fans who rushed the field unhindered immediately after Auburn scored a gimme touchdown on the last play of the game."

has he ever attended a game in the brewery/distillery called the swamp?

It was not a safe environment, as evidenced by the thousands of fans who rushed the field unhindered immediately after Auburn scored a gimme touchdown on the last play of the game.

Interesting..I didn't see anyone rushing the field..I wanted to and would have..but sadly no one did...

Anothing thing about his binocs...he is claming to have seen both Chris Leak and the TE up close with his binocs...

If they're really high powered enough for this dope to see anything he would have to be looking at one or the other...or sitting on the Haley Center to get enough field in his lenses..

And why are people clinging to the fact that there was piped in noise? thats crazy...and insulting

Just imagine, an AU crowd that had been ... ... Drinking. Ooh! UF fans don't drink in Gainesville? Maybe it's only in Jacksonville when they take part in the annual LARGEST OUTDOOR COCKTAIL PARTY IN THE WORLD!!

Peter K is leading in the Asshattery Award for this month.

I have never seen an opposing column so pitiful.

http://floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...335/1065/sports

I agree, hands down the WORST article that is not even remotely based in truth but entirely based in bias.

He should be ashamed. Talk about poor sportsmanship!

WarEagle! :au:

Just imagine, an AU crowd that had been ... ... Drinking. Ooh! UF fans don't drink in Gainesville? Maybe it's only in Jacksonville when they take part in the annual LARGEST OUTDOOR COCKTAIL PARTY IN THE WORLD!!

Peter K is leading in the Asshattery Award for this month.

unless shula can steal it away this weekend go ahead and award it to this guy

I was at the game in the concession stand and heard a UF fan behind me talking on the phone. He said and I quote, "I can't believe how nice everyone is here. I haven't had anyone throw anything or even cuss at me. These people are unbelievably friendly. It's great!!!"

I turned to him and smiled and told him to enjoy the game. This was before the game so I am not sure if he had the same attitude after.

There were other UF fans there though that were unbelievably cocky. They came in like they owned the place and were not treated as graciously both before and both afterwards.

Not sure why I posted this here other than talking about our fans, stadium and tailgating experience, but I will add this...this guy is a goon!!!!

Did we pipe crowd noise in?

The Fla folks are complaining about the loud music and "Tiger Roars" that we play sometimes in between plays to help get the crowd fired up. They are calling this piped in noise......It's comical!!!

Should we also be selling warm milk on the concourse so the little nancy boys can fall asleep easier? I thought all the music was great and I do not remember a single time when they broke the hudle that the band or the recorded music was still playing.

My lord, does ANYONE take responsibility for their actions anymore? I mean come on, GROW UP! Why are people always looking to put the blame on someone else? Be a man, suck it up and deal with it! It was not the refs fault. You didn't make enough plays to win. It is pretty simple. There is no bias against the mighty Gators. Nobody is looking to screw you over. YOU FREAKIN LOST! Time to move on.

Folks, I've lived in Gainesville, and let me tell you, besides being a complete hell hole (my personal term for it is "The Armpit of the South"), EVERYONE drinks the :uf: Kool-Aid. The :uf: can do absolutely no wrong - every loss is the result of some anti :uf: conspiracy. Following the 2003 loss to FSU at the Swamp - which they lost b/c their defense let Chris Rix throw a 50-something yard TD pass in the waning moments, the hottest selling item in town was (and maybe still is) a T-shirt reading: "Who Paid the Refs??" Just an example, like this article, of the typical :uf: mentality.

Based on that experience (and countless other factors), I absolutely cannot describe in words the level of contempt I have for :uf: and especially :uf: fans . . . I'm convinced there's a special circle of hell reserved just for them.

WHEWWW, that felt good - but not as good as the win!!

:au: 27

:uf: 17

WAR EAGLE!! BEAT TULANE!!

Same here...

"Hey Peter, I was just wondering what game you went to this weekend...your article says Auburn v. UF but some of your statements seem confused...

I didn't see ANYONE rush the field...not one person..I wanted to and would have if other people were. Sadly the thousands you claimed that rushed the field must have been invisible.

And Piped-in noise..thats just silly. I agree it is possible but its also possible that Auburn's crowd was just that pumped up to make the sound near-deafening...

I'd like to discuss this more. Please email me back with a rebuttle..

Thanks!

Andrew Kunzel

Junior at Auburn University

P.s. Niether I nor any of my 20 friends at the game were drunk...I know that isn't everyone but I'm certain that your contention of "a goodly portion" is overstated "

I couldn't believe how cocky their fans were. I guess that LSU win gave them loads of confidence. One guy was commenting how this was just another home game for them.

This guy is a moron. I just replayed the moments after the game and there is no one on the field. Plenty of support personel, players, cheerleaders, but no fans. Piped in noise? Just because we don't get our local octogenarian to lead us in 2 bits, doesn't mean we pipe in noise. And we play something other than the jaws theme with a gator swimming in a swamp.

There's something to be said for winning with class and for losing with class as well.

what a moron. i attended a few games at the swamp when i was in college in the early 90's. they used to allow pass-outs to students especially, to quickly run across the street to the myriad of bars anxiously waiting their arrival, my friends said they did it to get super stoked for the second half... it worked. gainesville was one large drunkfest the last time i attended, as i am sure every college on gameday is to some extent. hey kettle, this is pot, you are black.

Unlike a CERTAIN other "school" in this state, who has admitted to piping in "Crowd Noise", Auburn does not do this. What happened Saturday night was this goon got his first taste of what AUBURN Football fans sound like when they are behind their TEAM!

p.s. I didn't know pondscum had interns.

Here was my email to him, if he responds, it shall be posted.

I assume that you won't be publishing any responses to your article titled "You Didn't Even Need Binoculars For This" on October 17, 2006 (today) but I wanted to respond just because your article is sprinkled with misinformation and even outright lies.

To start with, I suppose its hard to believe that any stadium could be as loud or, dare I say it, louder, than The Swamp but Jordan Hare last Saturday was exactly that. So having never been exposed to such an athmosphere, I can understand how you would confuse a few bars of "Eye of the Tiger" and a Tiger Roar every now and then on defense as "pumped in" music at "ear-splitting decibels" but please, don't start throwing around assumptions, the reason that your gators used their first timeout of the second half on the first drive is because of the live people in the stadium, not the speakers behind them. That was the same noise that could be heard miles away from the stadium all around Auburn. Don't try to downplay the spirit and pride of Auburn fans by suggesting that we have to pipe in music to upend a defense. Its just not professional.

Second I'll grant you that you were most likely staring at Chris Leak during that play, but considering the fact that you would either have to be sharing a suite with Bobby Lowder or sharing a bleacher to stand on with a couple of raucous Auburn students in order to be on the same side of the stadium, I doubt that you had the omniscient view of it that you so claim. Please, whiney UF fans across the internet are posting copies of the replay, go watch it. Chris Leak threw the ball closer to himself than any recievers feet and its because he saw one mean looking Trey Blackmon flying through the air at him. The point at which he let go of the ball is debateable, but to any Auburn fan, it would seem to be at a point where the ball can only go in one direction... down. Not forward and not backward, but down. Fumble. So don't join in the ranks of Florida fans everywhere by whining about it for weeks to come, you're embarrassing yourself and your school just like LSU. And don't even try to tell me that Chris Leak would've pulled out a win if he was called on intentional grounding instead of giving up a fumble, momentum doesn't work that way. But Quentin Groves would've had more chances to knock Leak on his ass so it would've at least been a positive for Auburn.

Finally nobody ran onto the field afte the game. I don't know what stadium you were in but Auburn hasn't rushed the field since the team beat Florida in 2001 (and what a game that was!). Trust me, i know because I've never been able to rush the field having not been to an Auburn game before 2003. And even if we had rushed the field, unhindered would've been the last word to describe it. The last few times anyone has tried to jump onto the field, the police have dragged those unlucky few out of the stadium, then never made it to the sidelines. Had they gotten that far, the numerous German Shepherds that are at every game (including Buffalo) would've stopped them. And the police have every right to use tasers and pepper spray on students considered "trespassing" on the field after the game. So I don't know where your getting that auburn was a dangerous enviroment to be in because there was no riot, there was not fighting, there was just celebration. Oh but those unruly students who stuck around to sing the alma mater from the stands, now they're a bunch of singing hooligans.

Your article upsets me because you've taken an auburn fan base that has been described as "the most hospitible fans in the world" and made us look like the scum of the south. I would like to introduce you to an article written by an ESPN commentator from Maryland. Upon his first trip to Auburn in 2004 he took an objective view of Auburn and was immediately taken aback. A link to the text can be found below, I hope you take something from what this guy wrote.

http://www.wardamntailgate.com/modules.php...cle&sid=125

Enjoy and War Eagle

P.S. The next time that you're out on the plains, ask a stranger if you can tailgate with them, 95% of them will be glad to have you, and maybe then you'll wee what even those who speak poorly of the team see.

I couldn't believe how cocky their fans were. I guess that LSU win gave them loads of confidence.

Not really, that's just how they are.

Archived