question

AU-Dave

Who was the player in the tiger cage this week? when asked what his biggest fear was he said "not making it to heaven"

you have to love that.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheer::cheer:

It was Groves. I noticed several of our players putting Bible versus on their eye black patches. I think Gilbert has Prov 3 5&6. Just another example of good guys and our program.

I said just another example. Religous or not doesn't make a person good or bad. In my book it is a plus and I enjoy nothing more than a player giving thanks to god for the ability to play the game. Our Tigers have embraced religon over the past few years more than any team I have ever seen.

not to sound like I am bashing you or anything... but every time I see a football player being religious thanking God and stuff is after he gets out of trouble... :no:

not to sound like I am bashing you or anything... but every time I see a football player being religious thanking God and stuff is after he gets out of trouble... :no:

what? you ever seen them pray after a game? you've never heard one thank God as soon as he gets a microphone? it happens all the time. whether it's genuine or not is not for you or me to decide.

To quote Kurt Warner after winning the Superbowl, "Thank you, Jesus"...

Would you rather our players have Proverbs 3 5&6 on their eye stickers or "Murder"...think about it...Religion sometimes is a good thing

I've been most proud when our entire team kneels to pray for an injured player regardless of team. I haven't noticed that as much recently.

I know a lot of our guys are involved with FCA because of Chette Williams. I think it has given our players perspective and priorities.

The only "Tiger Cage" exerpt I saw was with Kody Bliss. He obviously has some comedic talent as well as being an awesome punter.

When asked what NFL player he most resembles, his answer was "Brian Urlacher."

Good Stuff.

This is not the way it has been at Auburn and the Christian values Chette Williams has been able to help develope in many of our players ... the 2004 team was a perfect example ... remember the song, "Hard Fighting Soldier on the Battlefield" they frequently sang!

A person that questions another's "religion" Should take a look in the mirror FIRST.

"Judge not, lest Ye be judged."

I am VERY proud of what Bro. Chett has accomplished with this TEAM.

you don't notice much...AU has had several players do it (JC,RB,etc)..Bama had Shaun Alexander...so on and so on!

Archived