Positive

C-villetiger1

Since I started the most negative thread after the game. I feel it my duty to try and start a positive one. I too, like some of our football teams, have the nature to just flip out and not show up (mentaly) every once and a while! I love our record the past 3 years 22-2 in the SEC WOW! So with that in mind what do you love the most about Auburn, the place, the team, the environment and name your favorite team. I always love these threads when I just lurk they always get me pumped.

1. I love the thing I spent the most time in while I lived in Auburn. Jordan-Hare Stadium. Most of you know the stadium full to the gills and lit up. I loved that place dead at night with not a soul in it. It really is alive!To stand in the seating area and just breath that in is

beyond description. And wow 3 hours after the Bama game in 93 All the lights on an empty stadium with all that enrgy still left there that place really is alive and we all leave our mark on it for years to come!

2. The team that comes out on the field has been in my dreams and daydreams my whole life. Every summer I came to Auburn to stay with my grandparents. I would go to my grandfathers office in Pietre and stare at the stadium from his window and think "I hope one day it will be me" wearing #34, 22, 88, 7. All of those boys have carried many people here to crazy highs and sometimes devastating lows. And that spirit does find its way to every young man that puts those colors on and gets ready to step on that hallowed ground! "It really is alive!"

My fave team

1993. Nothing to lose, hardest fighting, most inspired. And the one item I will elaborate on is most inspired. That team could have had Buster Brown for real and won all those games. Those were Pat Dyes kids. To watch him walk away from that team gave them all the fire they needed to drop kick all comers.

One last pick

Fave player

Jason Campbell

"Im not going to sit here and say were #2 to anybody"

The present day breath of Auburn fresh air!

C-Ville

The thing i love most. I think it has to be the eagle flying. I love looking over to the visitor section as they look up to see this magnificent creature spread its wings and soar. I think even if i were not an Auburn fan, to see something that beautiful and that graceful would be awesome. I understand why the eagle was selected as our national bird and symbol, but I think a golden eagle is more majestic personally. I also love how the entire stadium does a war eagle in unison.

Other honorable mentions are seeing the stadium lit up at night light a mighty cathedral as Scott Van Pelt said. I love seeing Samford hall and samford lawn and all the students having their picture made, especially at graduation. That degree is what unites all Auburn graduates. I love seeing Auburn families at games, with couples and especially kids with their cheerleading uniform or little football uniform. I know those kids will grow up with the Auburn spirit, and it will be in their hearts. I equally love seeing the senior alums who come to games and to take in Auburn with a spirit as young as the day they stepped on campus, but bodies that limit them. I also love that we have a creed and that Auburn men and women believe in those things. I also love that we are always complimented as a whole on our great hospitality and we take great pride in being a classy fan base and holding ourselves to a higher standard. I love that I can go anywhere in the world and a simple War Eagle will create an instanaeous bond with someone you've never met before.

My favorite team is the 2004 team. I think more for what they overcame than for what they accomplished. I remembered the disappointment of the 2003 season. I remembered how Campbell had struggled in years before and the criticism he had recieved and how everyone thought he was a bust. I'll never forget sitting in Miss State's stadium and talking to my friend and saying, we might be really good. I remember gathering with classmates and fellow alums at an apartment to watch the UT game and everyone going nuts at the undressing we were handing UT in Neyland Stadium. I remember the excitement of the final drive of the LSU game and that drive defining that team. I remember the team coming out locked arm in arm showing unity and support for thier coach. That team had a unique persona. I think they played for themselves as much for Auburn because they felt they had been betrayed. But I don't think they realized the extent that the Auburn family shared their betrayal and supported them.

My favorite players are tough. Based on ability, Bo Jackson, although I was young and don't remember him, I have seen plenty of highlights, and I've read his book which details some amazing feats. The one I loved watching most was Cadillac. He would make moves sometimes that just brought a smile to your face. He had that little shuffle that could leave people standing still and watching him run by. My favorite player overall has to be Jason Campbell though. I was on campus during his first few years and I remember how much maligned he was, and thinking how tough it would be to be a student and hear all those things. I think he symbolizes most what is great about Auburn. He struggled through new coaches and boos, but he came back to have one of the great seasons for an Auburn QB. I think the moment that stands out in my mind is the presentation of the SEC championship game MVP trophy and his emotions got the best of him. You could just see the burden of those years lifted and knowing he had accomplished something great. I thought he was always a class act and never said anything negative although he was put under tons of pressure and held to unreasonable expectations.

My favorite thing about Auburn: The way it always feels like home. No matter how long I'm gone and who I'm with when I go back. No matter whether I go back for a football game or just to walk around campus. No matter how many new buildings go up or how young the students look. I always feel like I belong and I am in a wonderful place.

Favorite team: Tough one. Either 1993 or 2004. 2004 was the most talented and you have to love the way the guys came back from the disappointing 2003 season. Easily the best Auburn team of my lifetime. But my favorite may still be the 1993 team. That was my freshman year and the team wasn't the best in the country, but they absolutely refused to lose. No tv. No championships. No bowl games. Just a will to win. And they did it every single week. The Florida and Bama game that year are absolute classics.

Favorite player: Gotta go w/ Bo. No explanation needed. Honorable mentions to Jason Campbell, Sir Charles, Stan White, Frank Sanders, Karlos Dansby, Caddy, Ronnie and so many more.

Archived