The contempt is palpable

GalensGhost

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try not to do a whole lot of "figurin" too.

This is all funny......but this is nothing I have not seen out of ANY fan base of ANY team!

You get the same thing in Clemson and Columbia (Clemson/USC rivalry)

Georgia/Ga Tech, LSU/Auburn, UF/FSU....ect, ect, ect.

But BamaGrad, I have to say that you must have found the minority here in Auburn. There's plenty of bammers around here, and they get treated very well. UAT, on the other hand...........very different story! No doubt about it! But hey, win a damn game and we will see how you react....

My favorite was at LSU while I was in the band. We were walking around before the game and this 6-y/o-ish kid comes up to some of us and teaches us all some words I'm we didn't know. Once he's done I say "Hey kid, come here I've got a secret." He comes close and I lean down and simply tell him "There is no Santa Claus." He cried and ran off -- it was priceless.

I still laugh about the 2004 IB. We were lucky enough to get tickets on the 50, but of course, they were in the middle of the Tahd Prahders. There was what appeared to be a nice, neat family sitting directly behind us, so I thought we would be okay there. When Carnell received the opening kickoff, the 10ish year old boy yelled "break his freakin' leg." Then, every time he carried the ball in the first half, same thing. What was worse, was that the parents laughed every time he said it. Let me tell you, there is nothing in the world like being punked by a 10 year old kid...

Of course, I couldn't just let that go either, so after the game was well in hand (mid-way through the 3rd quarter B) ) I couldn't help myself. I turned around and asked if Hudson had gotten his 100 yards yet to the kid and his parents (I believe he had about 14 yards at that point).

The kid started crying to his parents that I was "makin' fun" of Ray Ray. That and watching Brodie's diddy sit there 20 minutes after the game was over in disbelief were priceless.

I would change it but it only flies the morning of the iron bowl. til the game is over, about halftime.....

However, when I went to the Sausage Fest in Helberta with an AU shirt I got a smarta$$ comment from a local workin the booth, " we can't serve you with that shirt on", but they did, and I gave them a WAR EAGLE as I left with my sausages.

Dude....You said sausage fest!! :poke: sorry I just couldn't let that slip

I would change it but it only flies the morning of the iron bowl. til the game is over, about halftime.....

However, when I went to the Sausage Fest in Helberta with an AU shirt I got a smarta$$ comment from a local workin the booth, " we can't serve you with that shirt on", but they did, and I gave them a WAR EAGLE as I left with my sausages.

Dude....You said sausage fest!! :poke: sorry I just couldn't let that slip

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Archived