BCS rankings

kickerman97

Just seen it on FOX. No linky yet, haven't found a link yet.

went like this :

1 Ohio State

2 Michigan

3 WV

4 Florida

5 Louisville

6 AU

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox NFL Sunday showing BCS rankings

1. OSU

2. Michigan

3. WV

4. Florida

5. Louisville

6. Auburn

7. Texas

8. USC

9. Notre Dame

10. Cal

Link

merged threads since we started them both at the same time. :lol:

We dropped because our strength of schedule points fell this week because of our opponent. Expected that. Going to be like that the rest of the year folks, so get any BCS CG thoughts out of your head.

I am watching this crap also. How in thw world do we DROP?

Let's not go there. Lets' just concentrate on tomorrow. For me, tomorrow consists of my early 3a.m. wake-up and drive to NOLA for a job. For our players is consists of waking up going to classes and performing. After classes, more performing at practice. I believe our guys will be ready for whatever they decide to do after college.

Good Luck Guys,

BF

So the Big East is the best conference in the nation in football, huh?

Well, one could argue that the fact they have two teams in their conference still undefeated would mean they are in a weak conference, compared to how the other conferences are beating up on each other.

This is like water torture. Watching us inevitably drop no matter what we do. And Arkansas still has the inside track to the SECCG. Uggggghh. You'd think 2004's ending would be cruel enough.

We dropped... but in a way we didn't. Auburn gained points (.747 to .759). What really suprised me was Florida's HUGE jump. They gained like .04 points from last week. Florida now controls their own destiny - unless their next couple of games hurt them in the computers. If UGA can push them up that far, maybe AU will as well when they play them.

But don't worry about AU dropping - once UL loses to WVU, AU will gain a lot because in the two human polls, AU will jump to #5 and Texas will stay at #4 - basically AU will gain votes and Texas won't. AU can jump to the top 5 and hopefully will just continue winning.

I just hope AU continues winning and most importantly beats Alabama. I could care less right now what bowl AU goes to - just Beat Bama!

We keep winning and we keep dropping. How does Florida jump us and a few others by beating Georgia who lost to Vanderbilt? :au:

Maybe we will jump 3 places when we beat UGA also.

We keep winning and we keep dropping. How does Florida jump us and a few others by beating Georgia who lost to Vanderbilt? :au:

Maybe we will jump 3 places when we beat UGA also.

Will be different since GA will be ranked lower when we play them. :no:

So the Big East is the best conference in the nation in football, huh?

Well, one could argue that the fact they have two teams in their conference still undefeated would mean they are in a weak conference, compared to how the other conferences are beating up on each other.

One - they have three undefeated teams (don't forget Rutgers ;) ) but I don't like that argument because you could say the ACC is the best - they all beat eachother! I think the best conference is showed by having a few dominate teams that beat up on everybody and only lose to eachother. The ACC has the best teams lose to the worst teams.

So does this mean that after two of the four teams ahead of lose...via the conference matchups ( OSU v. Mich & WVU v. UL ) - that we will move up?

Some how I feel like the best BCS ranking that we can get is about 4 unless we get to the SEC Championship game and beat UF again!

Something I have been thinking for awhile. I really think that Rutgers will give WV and Louisville a tough game and possibly pull an upset. Both teams play them after their big match next week, so one could possibly be down/looking past when rutgers comes in. I've been impressed with them this year when I've seen them play. Could you imagine if they beat both WV and Louisville B) .

of course we dropped. We haven't played a great game all year. Our D isn't playing great and letting up a ton of yards every game. I think we lose another game anyways, so it won't matter. A lot can still happen, but we really don't deserve to be in the top 8 imho. We should have blown out Ole Miss and we could have easily lost that game.

of course we dropped. We haven't played a great game all year. Our D isn't playing great and letting up a ton of yards every game. I think we lose another game anyways, so it won't matter. A lot can still happen, but we really don't deserve to be in the top 8 imho. We should have blown out Ole Miss and we could have easily lost that game.

:rolleyes: Here we go again. Can't have a discussion about the BCS rankings without one of these posts showing up. I guess the LSU and Florida games were just crappy games huh? You also may want to read Stat Tiger's thread comparing that compares this years team to other AU teams that have been either 8-1 or 9-0 at the 9 game point of the season. You may be surprised how the defensive numbers from this years team stack up with the others.

:rolleyes: Here we go again. Can't have a discussion about the BCS rankings without one of these posts showing up.

LOL, was thinking the same thing.

Its not surprising that we dropped, in fact, I totally expected it. We barely beat a marginal Ole Miss team. I dont think Louisville or WVU are that great, but they have one thing we dont--- no losses.

Let's quit whinning about dropping, I would hate for anyone to think we are acting like Charlie Weis.

To be honest, I discuss the BCS rankings just to see what kind of train wreck it can produce again. I have no hopes of AU moving up enough to play in the MNC game.

I am really interested to see how it is going to work if you have only one undefeated team, but you have a butt-load of 1 loss teams. That would be hilarious.

Its not surprising that we dropped, in fact, I totally expected it. We barely beat a marginal Ole Miss team. I dont think Louisville or WVU are that great, but they have one thing we dont--- no losses.

Let's quit whinning about dropping, I would hate for anyone to think we are acting like Charlie Weis.

60 Minutes is showing Charlie Weis today and his profanity. Can't wait to watch it.

We could still end up No.2- Of course the most important thing is taking care of Georgia and bama and oh ya Ark. State. But how far will the loser of OSU-Mich drop? I'm betting not out of the top 4.

How about Boise State-Rutgers for the Championship?

Hansel-

Please refrain from any truthful remarks. Please submit any potential posts to the mods for editing and positive spin. For instance, I''ll take you your post and "enhance" it:

of course we dropped, Auburn never gets any respect. We haven’t played a great have yet to play our best game all year. :cheer: Imagine when we do, we will immediately be rank #1. Our D isn't playing great and not giving letting up a ton of points yards every game. I think we lose another game in the next 5 yearsanyways, so it won't matter, as long as we beat those knuckle draggers in W. Alabama. A lot can still happen, but we really don't deserve to be any less than #1 in the top 8 imho. We should'nt have blown out Ole Miss that only gives away our potential offensive and defensive strategies for the upcoming Arky State game. and we could have easily lost that game.

Remember your not as intelligent as you may think, please rely on others to develop and form your opinion. Your dismissed. Oh, I almost forgot:

8-1* :cheer:

* loss is under review and maybe over turned once it is proven that Muschamp used that game solely as a motivational tool.

NOTE: POST WAS MADE WITH TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK. B)

Here's how I'd like to see it play out. Loiusville beats WVU this Thursday. Rutgers beats Loiusville the following week. Arky loses the games they need to lose. We beat Florida for the second time in the SECCG. :)

Auburn will be 11-1 at the end, I firmly believe that. Now with that said, anything can obviously happen. Auburn could lose although I don't see it. Michigan, Ohio State, Louisville, and West Virginia could all lose before playing each other. That's why you play the game, right USC?!? The chances of any of those teams losing before facing off are slim, but not out of the question. The Arky loss most likely screwed us for a national title berth, but we are definitely in the hunt for a BCS bowl. I think we end up in the Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl. A very good season for us. Not a great season, but one that I will hold my head up high. War Eagle.

Archived