BCS rankings

kickerman97

Here's how I'd like to see it play out. Loiusville beats WVU this Thursday. Rutgers beats Loiusville the following week. Arky loses the games they need to lose. We beat Florida for the second time in the SECCG. :)

Don't forget Michigan getting caught looking ahead to OSU the week before by Indiana. :big: Then beating OSU the next week. :thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course we dropped. We haven't played a great game all year. Our D isn't playing great and letting up a ton of yards every game. I think we lose another game anyways, so it won't matter. A lot can still happen, but we really don't deserve to be in the top 8 imho. We should have blown out Ole Miss and we could have easily lost that game.

Hansel-

Please refrain from any truthful remarks. Please submit any potential posts to the mods for editing and positive spin. For instance, I''ll take you your post and "enhance" it:

of course we dropped, Auburn never gets any respect. We haven’t played a great have yet to play our best game all year. :cheer: Imagine when we do, we will immediately be rank #1. Our D isn't playing great and not giving letting up a ton of points yards every game. I think we lose another game in the next 5 yearsanyways, so it won't matter, as long as we beat those knuckle draggers in W. Alabama. A lot can still happen, but we really don't deserve to be any less than #1 in the top 8 imho. We should'nt have blown out Ole Miss that only gives away our potential offensive and defensive strategies for the upcoming Arky State game. and we could have easily lost that game.

Remember your not as intelligent as you may think, please rely on others to develop and form your opinion. Your dismissed. Oh, I almost forgot:

8-1* :cheer:

* loss is under review and maybe over turned once it is proven that Muschamp used that game solely as a motivational tool.

Thanks for enhancing my post to make it acceptable!! Yes...I see what everyone means now. Auburn is the best team in the land. Also, that team that squeaked by us in a nailbiter will lose at least two more SEC games because that is how the football Gods want it, thus making way for the Tigers to claim the SEC Championship and ride on to Glendale to capture that ever elusive MNC.

of course we dropped. We haven't played a great game all year. Our D isn't playing great and letting up a ton of yards every game. I think we lose another game anyways, so it won't matter. A lot can still happen, but we really don't deserve to be in the top 8 imho. We should have blown out Ole Miss and we could have easily lost that game.

Hansel-

Please refrain from any truthful remarks. Please submit any potential posts to the mods for editing and positive spin. For instance, I''ll take you your post and "enhance" it:

of course we dropped, Auburn never gets any respect. We haven’t played a great have yet to play our best game all year. :cheer: Imagine when we do, we will immediately be rank #1. Our D isn't playing great and not giving letting up a ton of points yards every game. I think we lose another game in the next 5 yearsanyways, so it won't matter, as long as we beat those knuckle draggers in W. Alabama. A lot can still happen, but we really don't deserve to be any less than #1 in the top 8 imho. We should'nt have blown out Ole Miss that only gives away our potential offensive and defensive strategies for the upcoming Arky State game. and we could have easily lost that game.

Remember your not as intelligent as you may think, please rely on others to develop and form your opinion. Your dismissed. Oh, I almost forgot:

8-1* :cheer:

* loss is under review and maybe over turned once it is proven that Muschamp used that game solely as a motivational tool.

Aw.

Agreed, but other teams don't play like they belong either. Didn't Kentucky give Florida a problem? If Vandy can beat Georgia, what is the big deal about Florida beating them by 7 pts. Texas looked terrible last night. In other words, we don't have a monopoly on looking bad.

Come on guys didnt you hear Herbie say last night that it doesnt matter what happens on the field???? Did you expect anything different???

If beating Georgia makes Florida go up that much in the BCS, then if we beat Georgia, we should rise equally, right?

UGA was ranked in the top 25 when we play them they won't be due to the loss at UF, therefore we will not jump as much as UF

Agreed, but other teams don't play like they belong either. Didn't Kentucky give Florida a problem? If Vandy can beat Georgia, what is the big deal about Florida beating them by 7 pts. Texas looked terrible last night. In other words, we don't have a monopoly on looking bad.

Why do you guys think that close games have anything to do with it? The BCS combines human polls with computer polls. We moved up to #6 in the human polls and dropped in the Computer polls, but not because AU had a close game. The computers could give a crap whether AU beats UF by 100 or Buffalo by 1. So please, realize this. AU dropped in the BCS only because they just played a 2-7 Ole Miss team. So don't be suprised when AU probably drops again next week after playing Arkansas State. AU will move up in the human polls when UL loses, but might drop in the computers. Whether or not that means AU jumps or falls in the BCS, we won't know until next Sunday.

Why do you guys think that close games have anything to do with it? The BCS combines human polls with computer polls. We moved up to #6 in the human polls and dropped in the Computer polls, but not because AU had a close game. The computers could give a crap whether AU beats UF by 100 or Buffalo by 1. So please, realize this. AU dropped in the BCS only because they just played a 2-7 Ole Miss team. So don't be suprised when AU probably drops again next week after playing Arkansas State. AU will move up in the human polls when UL loses, but might drop in the computers. Whether or not that means AU jumps or falls in the BCS, we won't know until next Sunday.

That is exactly right. Nobody is noticing that we actually moved up in the human polls where the "style points" are supposed to matter. So, to be griping that we dropped in the BCS because of our close win over Ole Miss is baseless. Like you said, the computer polls just mostly look at your opponents records and how their opponents fare also as far as simple wins or losses go.

That is exactly right. Nobody is noticing that we actually moved up in the human polls where the "style points" are supposed to matter. So, to be griping that we dropped in the BCS because of our close win over Ole Miss is baseless. Like you said, the computer polls just mostly look at your opponents records and how their opponents fare also as far as simple wins or losses go.

Computer polls ARE human polls.

A computer is only as accurate as the people who program it. If the people who wrote the software think the PAC-10 is stronger than the SEC, the computer can certainly reflect that bias.

Don't be fooled into thinking that the computers are infallible or that they make the ranking system "objective". Hardly. If anything they're MORE subjective than human polls.

Computer polls ARE human polls.

A computer is only as accurate as the people who program it. If the people who wrote the software think the PAC-10 is stronger than the SEC, the computer can certainly reflect that bias.

Don't be fooled into thinking that the computers are infallible or that they make the ranking system "objective". Hardly. If anything they're MORE subjective than human polls.

Oh no disputing that. But even then, they are still not ranking by style points like the human polls do. Usually it is the human polls that are critical of how a team wins, but seeing how we moved up in those polls instead of staying the same or dropping after a close Ole Miss win, apparently the pollsters are not being as critical as they use too.

Regardless, all the polls are still screwed up and have bias. That is never going to change.

"Come on guys didnt you hear Herbie say last night that it doesnt matter what happens on the field????"

I saw and heard him say that and laughed out loud. I think what he exactly said was "I don't care what teams win-loss records are, I'm concerned w/ how they're playing now"

Well, in Kirkland I guess Oregon State is #3!

This guy actually had a vote in the process last year (does he this year?)

Hansel bud, do you know that character Eor (a donkey) from Winnie the Pooh?

Of course the computer polls are a human product.

What may bother some on this thread is that the computer polls dont take things into consideration that other human thought might. For instance, a computer cannot detect that a top team lost a starting qb down the road, or Mustain coming in for Arkansas, etc. Obviously, these things can change a team dramatically.

That being said, I do see a couple of other teams that are playing better football than Auburn right now. Not that we are playing badly by any means.

whats really really really getting to me is the fact that CAL is #3 in the computer polls. thats wonderful except ...............

they played a d-1aa team! remember back in 04 the reason we didnt play for the nc was bc we played a d-1aa team? this is a load of crap.

You would think Wash States win would have helped us in SOS...don't get it...especially since we beat FLA

Guys, our schedule just fell apart this year. Tulane and Ark St was bad enough, but Ole Miss, Georgia, and Bama are all doing well less than should be expected.

Please show me exactly where in the polls yardage given up comes into play. You guys are amazing. :rolleyes:

Thank you! Excellent post!

Guys, our schedule just fell apart this year. Tulane and Ark St was bad enough, but Ole Miss, Georgia, and Bama are all doing well less than should be expected.

This is exactly it. We had a high SOS early, and it is plummeting as we speak. Georgia and Alabama on any given year would normally increase that, but not as much this particular year. Not to mention, as goods as it was to see, the USC (Trojans) loss hurts in the "computer" polls becasue USC>Ark>Aub. Just an observation, but it must take a slight hit the computer rankings because of that loss.

We keep winning and we keep dropping. How does Florida jump us and a few others by beating Georgia who lost to Vanderbilt? :au:

Maybe we will jump 3 places when we beat UGA also.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........dreamer!!! :)

:au::homer:

So does this mean that after two of the four teams ahead of lose...via the conference matchups ( OSU v. Mich & WVU v. UL ) - that we will move up?

Some how I feel like the best BCS ranking that we can get is about 4 unless we get to the SEC Championship game and beat UF again!

No...we will lose more ground due to their IMPRESSIVE LOSSES. Wait and see.... :puke:

:au::homer:

Here are the remaining schedules of the teams ranked ahead of AU in the BCS:

Louisville: West VA, Rutgers, South Fla, Pitt, UConn

Florida: South Carolina, West Carolina, Fla. St.

West Virginia: Louisville, Cincy, Pitt, South Fla, Rutgers

Michigan: Ball St., Indiana, Ohio St.

Ohio St.: Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan

The way I see it, Louisville and West Virginia have the toughest road, best scenario is that Rutgers, West Va and Louisville give each other a loss. Plus, Pitt and South Fla are capapble of pulling and upset.

I don't think Florida's remaining schedule is entirely different from Auburn's. They have SC at home and go to Tallahassee. Maybe old man Bowden has a little magic left or Sevelle Newton might play out of his mind again, like he did against us.

Michigan will lose to Ohio State, since that loss is the last game of the season, they will fall too far to recover.

But, IMO, anyone that goes to the NC game this year is simply a sacrificial lamb. I think Ohio State is just a notch better than everyone at this point.

What is amazing is that IDLE team of L'ville moved ahead of AU. As a matter of fact UF was the only SEC team to gain ground in the BCS standings. The 3 ranked Big East teams, L'ville, WVU, and Rutgers ALL moved up in the BCS rankings. Rutgers was the only one to play and beat a 3-5 UConn, the other 2 were IDLE. How much sense does that make??

I firmly believe the computer polls are constantly tweeked to the betterment of certain conferences. How can the computer polls be unbiased, when 2/3 of the formulas for them are based on HUMAN polls, and the other 1/3 is based on some guys breakdown of conferences and teams and how he wants to determine the SOS of teams and conferences!! It is all total BS.

What is amazing is that IDLE team of L'ville moved ahead of AU. As a matter of fact UF was the only SEC team to gain ground in the BCS standings. The 3 ranked Big East teams, L'ville, WVU, and Rutgers ALL moved up in the BCS rankings. Rutgers was the only one to play and beat a 3-5 UConn, the other 2 were IDLE. How much sense does that make??

I firmly believe the computer polls are constantly tweeked to the betterment of certain conferences. How can the computer polls be unbiased, when 2/3 of the formulas for them are based on HUMAN polls, and the other 1/3 is based on some guys breakdown of conferences and teams and how he wants to determine the SOS of teams and conferences!! It is all total BS.

IDLE can be a tuff team sometimes. We used to schedule IDLE every year, but not this year for some reason. We have never lost to IDLE, we have like a 100% average or something. :P:lol::P

Archived