BCS rankings

kickerman97

What is amazing is that IDLE team of L'ville moved ahead of AU. As a matter of fact UF was the only SEC team to gain ground in the BCS standings. The 3 ranked Big East teams, L'ville, WVU, and Rutgers ALL moved up in the BCS rankings. Rutgers was the only one to play and beat a 3-5 UConn, the other 2 were IDLE. How much sense does that make??

I firmly believe the computer polls are constantly tweeked to the betterment of certain conferences. How can the computer polls be unbiased, when 2/3 of the formulas for them are based on HUMAN polls, and the other 1/3 is based on some guys breakdown of conferences and teams and how he wants to determine the SOS of teams and conferences!! It is all total BS.

IDLE can be a tuff team sometimes. We used to schedule IDLE every year, but not this year for some reason. We have never lost to IDLE, we have like a 100% average or something. :P:lol::P

Thats what I'm saying!!! Maybe we should play them the last 3 games of the year....smarta$$ :poke:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we all need to get over all this BCS crap!!!!! I know it is important, but we have only ourselves to blame for this. I hate to say it, but it's true!

We let an unranked Arkansas team come to the Plains and stomp the **** out of us. At the time, we were #3 in the Nation and sitting in a very good spot to be in the BCSCG at the end of the year. After a loss, we still have a very, very slim shot at the BCSCG, but more importantly a chance at the SECCG. IF, and I mean IF we beat UGA and UAT, and Arkansas loses two of their games, which is very possible, and we then go on and win the SECCG, we will have an even better shot at the BCSCG.

At this point, I see WVU and OSU in the BCSCG, and Auburn in the BCS as an at large bid. But there's a lot of football left to be played.

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

P.S.

Here's another thing to think about!

If Michigan and OSU play a very, very tight ball game with a 1-3 point win to either team, you might see the sky fall on the BCS when UM and OSU play again for the National Title!!!!

It may happen!

I think the loser falls into the #5 to #7 range. I don't think a slim lose by OSU and they are kept at #2 or vice versa. I don't think that has ever happened. But you are right crap will fly it that happens. The loser will be punished in the computer polls or at least should be, unless those bafoons tweek the data enough to keep them in there. I think L'ville will WVU. Rutgers will beat one or both of them. Rutgers could very well be the only undefeated in the Big East, which would help, b/c their SOS is not great, but of course beating those two I am sure would catapult them from 13 or whatever to top 5.

On another note, is the 5th game in the BCS actually where the winners of the 4 BCS bowl games will play each other, OR is it where the top 2 at the end of regular season are slated to play?? IN essence there will be 10 teams playing in a BCS bowl game??

On another note, is the 5th game in the BCS actually where the winners of the 4 BCS bowl games will play each other, OR is it where the top 2 at the end of regular season are slated to play?? IN essence there will be 10 teams playing in a BCS bowl game??

There's 4 BCS bowl games.

Orange

Sugar

Fiesta

Rose

The one thing that bothers me about the top 2 and the possible rematch....

Both have computer rankings that are about 1.5 to 2.0 points ahead of 3rd place. That's where the possiblity of a UM v/s OSU rematch occur.

It really could happen....it has a better shot if Louisville beats WVU. I want to see a "BSC" nightmare :) !

There's 4 BCS bowl games.

Orange

Sugar

Fiesta

Rose

The one thing that bothers me about the top 2 and the possible rematch....

Both have computer rankings that are about 1.5 to 2.0 points ahead of 3rd place. That's where the possiblity of a UM v/s OSU rematch occur.

It really could happen....it has a better shot if Louisville beats WVU. I want to see a "BSC" nightmare :) !

There is also another BCS game at the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 8. BCS Bowl ScheduleScroll down. It shows all the main 4 plus that extra one on Jan. 8. The way it reads, the top 2 are in the Jan 8 game as the Championship game. The other four are just 8 other selections. How is that a plus 1, except for the fact that it is just an extra game $$$$$$$$$$. Not a game slated to pit the winners of the 4 BCS bowl games to play each other in the Jan 8 game, which is the way they talked it up, right???

You are right.....it looks that way..

That's kind of strange, but you are right. That's what it says.

Archived