Easy Classes for bama Players

Proud Tiger

A friend told me there was an article in today's B'ham news about easy classes done for bama players such as Ahmad childress so they could stay elgible. Anybody got a link? After some of my hypocritical bama friends gave me a hard time awhile back over the special study classes at Auburn, I wouild love to wave this at them.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

here too many pages to cut and paste, about 7

Has anyone alerted the New York ?@%&&@%#^ Times? This makes the Auburn story they blew their load over seem trivial by comparison.

Dont bother to e-mail Ms Roberts or Pete Thamel. There wont even be a reply.

That piece was a targetted slam piece that took advantage of two old professors warring with each other.

Not only that, the NYT article prominantly made use of Carnell Williams name recognition as the recipient of the directed studies course. In the college football fan world, you'd have to be a cave dweller not to know who he was. In this article they quote Ahmed Childress. Paraphrasing COL Nathan Jessup: "Who the f___ is an Ahmed Childress?"

Has anyone alerted the New York ?@%&&@%#^ Times? This makes the Auburn story they blew their load over seem trivial by comparison.

NYT has past ties with Alabama, namely the Chief Editor who was fired a while back. That said, that editor and several staff members who are also Bama grads probably took similar classes, so no problem. :lol:

A friend told me there was an article in today's B'ham news about easy classes done for bama players such as Ahmad childress so they could stay elgible. Anybody got a link? After some of my hypocritical bama friends gave me a hard time awhile back over the special study classes at Auburn, I wouild love to wave this at them.

UAT has been doing this for decades...just look to the Huie article of the 1940's and there is all the proof you need....

Doesn't the NYT own the Tuscaloosa News?

Not a word about it on the local sport shows in Birmingham. Guess the Birmingham News does not carry the impact of the NY Times.

Not a word about it on the local sport shows in Birmingham. Guess the Birmingham News does not carry the impact of the NY Times.

Nah...........it probably has something to do with the fact that there

isn't any Auburn Bashing about the article.

Has Finebaum or anybody on WJOX talked about this article? If they have not talked about it, then Auburn fans should email a copy of this article to both Finebaum and WJOX to see what their response is. According to that article, the methods the Bammers used to keep their athletes eligible were just as bad or even worse than the methods Auburn used in the NYT story, and God knows Finebaum and the people at WJOX talked enough about that story.

Has Finebaum or anybody on WJOX talked about this article? If they have not talked about it, then Auburn fans should email a copy of this article to both Finebaum and WJOX to see what their response is. According to that article, the methods the Bammers used to keep their athletes eligible were just as bad or even worse than the methods Auburn used in the NYT story, and God knows Finebaum and the people at WJOX talked enough about that story.

PF isnt going to allow this story on the air. You guys have to know this by now. He has been beating up Shula like he was a pie topping. This is a non-sarter on PF. I have tried. He will not talk about anything like this related to the Tide. The article about Brodie and Closner? He refused to talk about it when all the Gundlach crap was going on.

"nothing to it".....

The bamaham media will walk all the way around this one without even noticing what is taking place. Gotta' prop up flipper for the stretch "run".

Remember, those guys are "Rollin' FIVE deep"!

"nothing to it".....

The bamaham media will walk all the way around this one without even noticing what is taking place. Gotta' prop up flipper for the stretch "run".

Remember, those guys are "Rollin' FIVE deep"!

He, he, he, he.

Where are Bammer Grad 03, UA-CT, and Win Crimson at? Those guys had a lot to say about the story the New York Times wrote about Auburn. Why are they remaining quiet about this story?

Same reason they are always quiet when they look in the mirror and see:

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T

That's a tough word for bammers to swallow. Some may remember that a key personality on Crimson Tusks came flying in here mad as hell because I called him a hypocrit (here not on CT). Only night sweats when dreaming of the thumb gets to the bammers worse than being called hypocrits.

have any of you that visit crimson tusks posted this article? Im thinking that it would be rather humorous to see them attempt to explain this away.

Reading articles about the "newest" team to be investigated about this is funny to me. You have to be pretty close-mined to think that most if not all Div I schools are guilty of this. For the most part, some athletes get treated diff even in High School. It's not right, but it's the way it is imo.

have any of you that visit crimson tusks posted this article? Im thinking that it would be rather humorous to see them attempt to explain this away.

Believe me those spinmeisters would have no problem explaining it away. They even think that the old (1941?) article in Collier's magazine about bama shenanigans is a fabrication by Auburn.

Archived