ESPN Garbage...

AuburnRugby17

some of what was said about the SEC isn't that far off the mark, really the only real teams the top SEC teams have beaten are each other. it does seem like there is alot of smack talk about :au: , but as loud as CTT screams about the BCS and then loses to :arky: , you have to remember that a closed mouth gathers no feet. i think as long as CTT is so outspoken on the situation, every time :au: loses a game its gonna get torn apart. not that i disagree with his argument, personally i am very much in favor of a playoff system. i think its incredibly stupid to base a national championship game on a lot of "hypotheticals". but, everyone knows how the media is....

hoenstly, i cant wait to start playing WV is it 2008 that we have them on the schedule? What a croc, the big east? Honestly, I don't understand how they see a team that goes undefeated in conference play and call them good when that team hasnt played any of the good teams in their conference. He's asking who S. Carolina has beaten and questioning the OOC schedule of sec teams? Please, lets take that a step further. Who has WVU played...

So far we've got Marshall, a yearly punching bag, Eastern Washington (this after he comments on Auburn playing washington state), Maryland - a mid major ACC team, East Carolina - not div 1a, Miss State - the weakest of the weak in the sec and they scored 2 tds on the mighty WVU defense, Syracuse - known more for basketball than football, Connecticutt - they have a football team?, and then to top off the season they have the top 5 teams in the big east (next to them of course). I predict that WVU loses at least one, possibly two.

There are probably undefeated high school football teams in Maine, but I doubt they could beat a single team in the Texas' top 5. This guys paid to put a spin on **** like this. You want to know the truth? See Utah circa 2004 or Oklahoma for that matter.

The bottom of the SEC is worse than the bottom of the Big East. Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt have combined for two conference victory. Georgia can't score. Kentucky can't defend. South Carolina can't win games that matter.

This line really made me laugh...Is he really saying that Ole Miss, Miss St., Vandy, Uga, Kentucky and SC are really worse than Cincy, USF, Uconn and syracuse? (bottom half) I firmly disagree...not only that but the bottom half of the Big east is combined for 3 conference victories...

His arguement stinks

Oh, and here's my emailed response to him...

Alright, so you're probably expecting a lot of angry letters from the nation's most "rabid fans" and maybe even some from the "prettiest coeds" (good luck). So who am I to disappoint, I'll try to keep the rabies to a minimum.

So, shall we begin?

Let's start with a little defense... in response to the fact that Georgia lost to WVU in the Sugar Bowl last year look at how they're doing this year, about even with Alabama if you ask me, and that's saying something because I'm an Auburn fan. But yeah, Georgia had Shockly and Pope in the Sugar Bowl, but Auburn has Cox and Taylor, it doesn't mean that they win the game themselves. Even the ESPN reporters last year were saying that Auburn was the best team in the SEC and an overtime loss to LSU with too many missed field goals is what kept us out of the SEC championship. So, WVU had a great game against a UGA team on the decline. Now we look to this season.

You claim that the worst in the SEC is worse than the worse in the Big East. Completely disregarding that that is one of the worst comparisons between conferences to base your claim that the SEC is beneath the Big East, you're still saying that Vandy, Miss St. and Kentucky are worse than Syracuse, Connecticut, and South Florida. Do you really believe that? Would you put money on it? I'll take the SEC in that bet. Now, lets move to an even better comparison... Because the Big East only has 8 teams, the SEC should be able to compare their best 8 against the Big East, so here's the matchup: Auburn, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Arkansas vs. the Big East. Would you put money on 'cuse, Conn, and USF over S. Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia? Or how about Auburn, LSU, and Florida vs. WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers. Honestly, I don't think you understand what you're saying here. Or you do and you're just trying to play the "media picks the Nat'l championship game" game. You already lost that one, USC lost to Oregon state (and they're only gonna lose more).

Moving on... you ask what the top SEC teams have done besides beat on eachother? Well, its hard to put the fact that the SEC teams beat up on eachother aside because its the whole reason we get screwed, BUT, for arguments' sake, I'll put that aside. Arkansas did lose to USC by an embarrasing margin in week 1... without their current QB and without the confidence that comes with being a ranked team. I think the out come of that game would be very different at this point in the season. Then I get to hear that Auburn's best out of conference game is Washington State... wait... that's a bad thing? Did you read the article about how our athletic director is trying to schedule teams like Michigan and Notre Dame but they refuse to play us? Did you hear about how Bowling Green cancelled on us in 2004 to go play agianst Oklahoma, forcing us to pick up Citadel (which the media bashed us for...). And getting WSU is a bad thing? I don't know about you, but I think Washington state is a helluva lot better than Eastern Washington who, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe is on West Virginia's schedule. I also believe that Washington State is ranked higher than the best team on WVU's schedule... Maryland. Oh and about that Eastern Washington thing, why is it that Auburn gets chastised for playing Citadel and WVU gets praise after playing Eastern Washington? And everyone wonders why we call "bias" on the media.

So, what about the other Big East teams? Well, you've got Louisville who's played 0 currently ranked teams, and you've got Rutgers who's played nobody. My question to you is this, since when does a conference who boasts teams that haven't beaten a single ranked opponent turn out to be better than a conference who has wins like Florida/LSU, Auburn/LSU, Auburn/Florida, Florida/Georgia, Arkansas/Auburn, Florida/Tennessee, and so on as well as out of conference wins such as out of conference wins over Washington State, Arizona, and California?

The fact of the matter is it's never been like that and it still isn't. A one loss Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, or Arkansas deserves to go to the national championship over an undefeated WVU, Louisville, or Rutgers until those teams start to play stronger schedules and prove that they deserve to be there.

What he's also failing to realize is all the denials the SEC teams are getting when trying to schedule out of conference. Someone just dropped Georgia. In 2004, Bowling Green dropped us for Oklahoma and their extra cash. Auburn asked how many very good teams to play us in the last coupla years?

The bottom of the SEC is worse than the bottom of the Big East. Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt have combined for two conference victory. Georgia can't score. Kentucky can't defend. South Carolina can't win games that matter.

This line really made me laugh...Is he really saying that Ole Miss, Miss St., Vandy, Uga, Kentucky and SC are really worse than Cincy, USF, Uconn and syracuse? (bottom half) I firmly disagree...not only that but the bottom half of the Big east is combined for 3 conference victories...

His arguement stinks

I like how he says MSU and Ole Miss have two conference victories then switches gears to bashing UK's D, and UGA's O and SC for not pulling out big games. Without mentioning how many conference games those other three have won. UK has 2, SC has 3, UGA has 3, and oh Ole Miss and MSU have 1 combined conference win.

Not to mention that there are already 7 bowl eligible teams, with UK and Vandy knocking on the door both with 4 wins. UK has 3 games left and Vandy has 2 and SC is one win away from bowl eligibility. Big East has 4 teams bowl eligible with two teams on the cusp.

He's on "Talkin' Football" with Tony Barnyard and those guys...he's always pimping for anyone but the SEC...never has much nice to say about us.

:au::homer:

some of what was said about the SEC isn't that far off the mark, really the only real teams the top SEC teams have beaten are each other. it does seem like there is alot of smack talk about :au: , but as loud as CTT screams about the BCS and then loses to :arky: , you have to remember that a closed mouth gathers no feet. i think as long as CTT is so outspoken on the situation, every time :au: loses a game its gonna get torn apart. not that i disagree with his argument, personally i am very much in favor of a playoff system. i think its incredibly stupid to base a national championship game on a lot of "hypotheticals". but, everyone knows how the media is....

This may be a foriegn concept to those of the uat ilk, but, you do not wait for the outcome of a game,or season, to state what you think. Coach Tuberville has not "put his foot in his mouth". He has, however, placed it somewhere "else" in west vance (Soon to be followed by a THUMB) ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

Dude...can you say, 12 games with no bye week? Injuries galore? Letdown? 8-1 and still in the hunt in teh SEC West is not too bad. And Arky may not be that bad afterall, either.....

Guest Tigrinum Major

Who has WVU played...

So far we've got Marshall, a yearly punching bag, Eastern Washington (this after he comments on Auburn playing washington state), Maryland - a mid major ACC team can you be in the ACC and be mid major?, East Carolina - not div 1a EC is a division 1A team, Miss State - the weakest of the weak in the sec and they scored 2 tds on the mighty WVU defense whoever said the WV defense was mighty? They simply outscore people, Syracuse - known more for basketball than footballthey have beaten us in recent years, plus they are a conference opponent, Connecticutt another conference opponent that went to a bowl game recently - they have a football team?, and then to top off the season they have the top 5 teams in the big east (next to them of course). I predict that WVU loses at least one, possibly two.

The Big Eats isn't nearly the joke it used to be. I agree with your original premise that a one loss SEC team is superior to an undefeated Big Easter, but your argument is fraught with errors.

Not to mention, Ark, Auburn, Florida, and Tenn have only lost to teams with one loss. The small east have played teams with two or more losses and that is going to change this weekend. None of the small east teams have played anyone that is in the top 25 except Louisville who played a 5-3 miami team.

They are now getting to where we have already been...after they play each other then I will grade their teams, but until then they have played nobody of importance.

Who has WVU played...

So far we've got Marshall, a yearly punching bag, Eastern Washington (this after he comments on Auburn playing washington state), Maryland - a mid major ACC team can you be in the ACC and be mid major?, East Carolina - not div 1a EC is a division 1A team, Miss State - the weakest of the weak in the sec and they scored 2 tds on the mighty WVU defense whoever said the WV defense was mighty? They simply outscore people, Syracuse - known more for basketball than footballthey have beaten us in recent years, plus they are a conference opponent, Connecticutt another conference opponent that went to a bowl game recently - they have a football team?, and then to top off the season they have the top 5 teams in the big east (next to them of course). I predict that WVU loses at least one, possibly two.

The Big Eats isn't nearly the joke it used to be. I agree with your original premise that a one loss SEC team is superior to an undefeated Big Easter, but your argument is fraught with errors.

yeah, the east carolina thing i messed up on, eatern washington is the one that isn't Div 1-a, you can be mid-major with respect to the ACC alone. (Like Alabama and S. Carolina would be considered mid-major SEC teams). Mighty was supposed to come across sarcasitcally. Syracuse may have beaten Auburn in recent years but so has Ole Miss, does that make them good? Going to a bowl game also does not a good team make. My one mistake was the east carolina thing, which is an easy one to make considering that the non-div1 opponent was an east team, just a diff. state.

Being bowl bound now puts you at higher than the top 50% of the NCAA... They really need to get rid of some bowls...I'm thinking about the top 40 teams in the nation... 20 bowl games..thats it

Dude...can you say, 12 games with no bye week? Injuries galore? Letdown? 8-1 and still in the hunt in teh SEC West is not too bad. And Arky may not be that bad afterall, either.....

i didn't say it was that bad, but the way :au: fluffs themselves up to be, you guys should be able to beat anyone anywhere anytime. i do happen to recall a nuclear meltdown on this very board after that game, not to mention when yall don't beat everyone by 50+ points. hell i will be thrilled if :ua: keeps .500 this season. its also kind of funny how when :au: gets beat by anyone, they suddenly "aren't all that bad after all" when all anyone could talk about before the game was how bad arky was going to be stomped. AU is really the only respectable team arky has won against this season. but anyways, AU's season is not a loss really as you said, and i won't refute that.....wasn't saying that at all.

Coach TT is smart enough to know what the reprecussions of his actions will be if Auburn loses. I personally think that National attention is National attention. More times good than bad. As long as it's not from brawling and hitting people with helmets, I like seeing the people who end up making all the big decisions talking about Auburn, even though some times it's after a loss. WDE :au:

This may be a foriegn concept to those of the uat ilk, but, you do not wait for the outcome of a game,or season, to state what you think. Coach Tuberville has not "put his foot in his mouth". He has, however, placed it somewhere "else" in west vance (Soon to be followed by a THUMB) ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

actually it has been pretty well stated ever since the wisconsin game last year about anytime CTT starts talking real loud something bad happens.

speaking of the thumb and maybe off topic, a funny thing happened the other day. i have an 11 month old son. i am an :ua: and his mother is an :au: fan. me and her parents taught him to say "TIDE!", however i think she taught him to flash 4 fingers, as i caught him doing it the other day....scary.

Came in on an interview with Tubs a couple of nights ago on the ESPN U station, I believe. They posed the question to him about what advice he would give to coaches being left out of the BCS and lobbying for votes etc. CTT simply said "I'd tell them to just worry about the games and not all the lobbying." He immediately followed up by saying "I tried it in 2004 and it really gets you nowhere. Just take care of your business."

Those that claim CTT is always "Screaming" and "Whining" about the polls needed to hear that interview. Saying we need a playoff is lobbying for the right thing in my opinion. If we had an 8 team playoff right now, how good would that be? Both Big East teams would be in. At least 2 SEC teams would be in along with 2 Big 10 teams and Texas. WOW. What would you think if a playoff started today and looked like:

Ohio State vs. Tennessee

Michigan vs. Florida

West Virginia vs. Texas

Auburn vs. Louisville

Would you watch? :o

Came in on an interview with Tubs a couple of nights ago on the ESPN U station, I believe. They posed the question to him about what advice he would give to coaches being left out of the BCS and lobbying for votes etc. CTT simply said "I'd tell them to just worry about the games and not all the lobbying." He immediately followed up by saying "I tried it in 2004 and it really gets you nowhere. Just take care of your business."

Those that claim CTT is always "Screaming" and "Whining" about the polls needed to hear that interview. Saying we need a playoff is lobbying for the right thing in my opinion. If we had an 8 team playoff right now, how good would that be? Both Big East teams would be in. At least 2 SEC teams would be in along with 2 Big 10 teams and Texas. WOW. What would you think if a playoff started today and looked like:

Ohio State vs. Tennessee

Michigan vs. Florida

West Virginia vs. Texas

Auburn vs. Louisville

That would be great but there is one problem. Any agreement for a playoff would have the stipulation that ND would be in it if they won 6 games.

Ohio State vs. Tennessee

Michigan vs. Florida

West Virginia vs. Texas

Auburn vs. Louisville

That would be great but there is one problem. Any agreement for a playoff would have the stipulation that ND would be in it if they won 6 games.

6 games? I was thinking they could be eligible with their annual beatdown of Navy. Of course they would need to be paid $8 million before they would agree to it.

He's on "Talkin' Football" with Tony Barnyard and those guys...he's always pimping for anyone but the SEC...never has much nice to say about us.

I can't stand him on "Talkin' Football", the whole show is not near as good as it was with Danny Sheridan, Jim Donnan, and Mike Gottfried, they spend more time talking about the ACC and GT (the guy in the middle played there). Hardly any time for calls from people and just boring. I even miss the Memory stuff they have from all the teams.

Archived