Counting National Championships

tigerdude

Well you can attempt to discredit our NCs all day long.

But I'll take the 21 SEC championships and be happy.

Wait wait...maybe ill stick with our ALL TIME record 10 win seasons

Or hey...maybe ill go with ALL TIME record bowl appearances

Nah..you know whats better than that? More bowl wins than any team in history...ever

Those will do just fine.

He who is afraid of what the future holds will dwell on the past.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the topic of how many championships the unwashed masses have has been batted around many times. The following was posted in response to someone noting that Auburn claimed 2004. I thought it funny and ironic.

Subject: You can't be serious...

Posted By: bamadann 'Bama Junior Varsity

Posted At: 10/31/06 4:25:43 pm

"People's Choice"...what a joke... Their fans don't seem to be buying into it based on their incessant whining over what happened that year... Neverthless, if they want to be a joke let them go. The rest of college football will continue to only acknowledge AP/UPI claims post World War II. LOL

rtr

Posted at BamaMag.com

I'm guessing he's planning on sporting a "Got 6?" t-shirt then.

Even so, better than sporting the big got one or maybe two........hmmm wait a min, i think the second is in question. Whats even more funny is that Georgia Tech has more SEC championships that Auburn, and they have been out of the SEC for forty years or so.

Dang, what is it with you bammers and simple math?? First BG show his inability to count(on another thread), and now you.... I mean come on now, even my 6 year old neice can tell which number is larger when put in front of her....6 is more than 5.... To make it easy for you, I've included a link. Hope that isn't to hard for you to get, lord knows with simple math you are in over your heads. I'll leave you with our word for the day...Addition...the process of combining numbers to get one larger number.

Now, how will the bammer spin machine change this? It's always fun to watch you bammers try to spin something to go your way...

For the bammers that can't count

Now, to give you extra study time, tomorrows word is subtraction - the process of taking a large number and removing smaller numbers from it...let's use the number, oh, i don't know..how about 12, now lets take away a random number say 10 ( which happens to be the number of MNC's the bammers were awarded retroactively, or SHARED with other teams, or in the case of 1941, just plain made up) and we get 2... Hope that wasn't too fast for you bammers to follow.

Why are you being so silly? Don't you know college football time stopped in 1981? Nothing has happened since then with the exception of 1992. The last 25 years are "just an interlude."

What's amazing to me is that Bama folks are still using the same tired (and often factually erroneous) arguments they were trotting out in 1982 to make themselves feel better.

Nah..you know whats better than that? More bowl wins than any team in history...ever

Those will do just fine.

:ua: = :om:

See above for confirmation.

B i n g o ! ! !

We have a WINNER ! ! ! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Those will do just fine.

He who is afraid of what the future holds will dwell on the past.

If you don't have a team now, you have to live in the past.

If you don't have a team now, you have to live in the past.

We arent living in the past. Of the 4 things i posted, we added to 3 of them last year: 10 win season, Bowl win, bowl appearance. (i know i know...the 10 wins dont count because we got "lucky" in 9.73282183 of them according to double G) And standard rival bragging rights rules also apply to previous season wins. You have bragging rights over us because you won last year. Our 10 win season is in the present because this one isnt over yet.

See above for confirmation

What a worthless response. Ole Miss doesnt have ANYTHING remotely close to our numbers. And they arent coming off of a 10 win season that included a cotton bowl victory.

As a matter of fact, Ole Miss has numbers MUCH MORE in line with what AU has than Bama.

Why are you being so silly? Don't you know college football time stopped in 1981? Nothing has happened since then with the exception of 1992. The last 25 years are "just an interlude."

Really? Is that so? And how many times do i have to show that the last 25 year run (being our worst and AU's best) show comparable numbers for both AU and UA. Well, except for that National Championship ring.

But hey you can always discredit our 92 championship with "well you paid each player 90million dollars so it doesnt count"... because thats what you guys always toss in when you have no argument.

It's not about numbers, BG, it's about direction. About 25 years ago, OM fans were making the same loud, brash, arrogant statements Bama fans are now. They were yapping about a decade of "excellence" which was about 20 years removed. And they were going to be "back" It was only a matter of time before they were restored to their rightful place atop the SEC. Could you have convinced an Ole Miss fan in 1980 that they wouldn't come close to an SEC title for another 20+ years? Of course not. They were coming "back".

And then there was probation. Excuses blossomed. And they hired coaches from inside the family. Never delivered on expectations. And there was more probation. And more excuses. And more coaching changes. And more hosannas to the past and Johnny Vaught. And then there was more disappointment.

Then they brought in the son of a former player, one who had ties to the glory days. Sound familiar? That son led them through some dark times. And to a ten-win season. And to a Cotton Bowl win. And Ole Miss was back. Sound familiar? Well look at them now...

Alabama's future mirrors Ole Miss' recent past. As the years go by, the convergence of the two is closer and closer.

:om: = :ua: = :om:

Twin sons of different mothers.

It's not about numbers, BG, it's about direction. About 25 years ago, OM fans were making the same loud, brash, arrogant statements Bama fans are now. They were yapping about a decade of "excellence" which was about 20 years removed. And they were going to be "back" It was only a matter of time before they were restored to their rightful place atop the SEC. Could you have convinced an Ole Miss fan in 1980 that they wouldn't come close to an SEC title for another 20+ years? Of course not. They were coming "back".

And then there was probation. Excuses blossomed. And they hired coaches from inside the family. Never delivered on expectations. And there was more probation. And more excuses. And more coaching changes. And more hosannas to the past and Johnny Vaught. And then there was more disappointment.

Then they brought in the son of a former player, one who had ties to the glory days. Sound familiar? That son led them through some dark times. And to a ten-win season. And to a Cotton Bowl win. And Ole Miss was back. Sound familiar? Well look at them now...

Alabama's future mirrors Ole Miss' recent past. As the years go by, the convergence of the two is closer and closer.

Irony your name is double G. Didnt we hear the SAME EXACT things from AU fans in the 80s? Only to go on a what...15 year streak of not winning an SEC title? I mean until 04...AU hadnt won a conference Title since I was in the 4th grade. Thats what I call "AUsome". And in our worst stretch, we've got two SEC titles and one national title. Think about that...I started the 5th grade, and didnt have to worry about Auburn winning another SEC title until i was 1 year removed from COLLEGE. Man you guys really are showing us Bama fans how bad we suck.

You kept telling anyone who would listen last year that Bama = Ole Miss...but the only people who would listen were AU fans. We were too busy finishing in the top 10 in the nation and winning the cotton bowl. (i know the cotton bowl win didnt count because the last field goal was ugly)

So tell me Galen...Dubose era aside...when has Alabama EVER shown over the last 25 years that they were headed for disaster...that didnt have anything to do with probation? Youre the only one who doesnt see a pattern of us doing well...until a coach leaves or something like losing 25 scholarships knocks us down MOMENTARILY.

BTW, since Shula has been here, the only time he lost to a mississippi school was against the same ole miss team that beat your tigers.

BG, do yourself a favor. It's apparent you aren't having one of your better days. So, log off, calm down, ask yourself what board you were just on, and what your expectations are and why you want to come back in.

Hope it helps.

Irony your name is double G. Didnt we hear the SAME EXACT things from AU fans in the 80s? Only to go on a what...15 year streak of not winning an SEC title? I mean until 04...AU hadnt won a conference Title since I was in the 4th grade. Thats what I call "AUsome". And in our worst stretch, we've got two SEC titles and one national title. Think about that...I started the 5th grade, and didnt have to worry about Auburn winning another SEC title until i was 1 year removed from COLLEGE. Man you guys really are showing us Bama fans how bad we suck.

You kept telling anyone who would listen last year that Bama = Ole Miss...but the only people who would listen were AU fans. We were too busy finishing in the top 10 in the nation and winning the cotton bowl. (i know the cotton bowl win didnt count because the last field goal was ugly)

So tell me Galen...Dubose era aside...when has Alabama EVER shown over the last 25 years that they were headed for disaster...that didnt have anything to do with probation? Youre the only one who doesnt see a pattern of us doing well...until a coach leaves or something like losing 25 scholarships knocks us down MOMENTARILY.

BTW, since Shula has been here, the only time he lost to a mississippi school was against the same ole miss team that beat your tigers.

Actually? No you didn't hear it from Auburn in the 80s. The universally acknowledged "Team of the 80s" would have no need to say that.

And everybody but Alabama fans knows :ua: = :om: . You just don't want to admit it. The differences are razor thin. The only difference between UA and OM is that UA's decade of success came ten years after OM's.

Ole Miss epitomizes mediocrity -- not disaster. Mediocrity is where you're headed. Perpetual, numbing, debilitating mediocrity. You'll have an occasional good season, beat your chest about being "back", break out all the old Bahr stories and then... back to the middle of the pack. It won't be long before you guys start dressing up and tailgating in the quad on china and by candlelight. Quad = Grove. You already copied Auburn's Tiger Walk, but took pains to name it "Walk of Champions" -- just like Ole Miss did.

But you're right. The only thing holding Bama back is probation. Keep clinging to that. I talked to an Ole Miss fan last week. He told me the same thing. They're still struggling to get over probation from the Billy Brewer days.

In 2003, Ole Miss won 10 games and went to the Cotton Bowl. The following year, the team's production fell off. And their coach was fired. Sound familiar?

You're the only one who can't see it BG.

Wait wait wait...we've only had a "decade" of sucess in our history? Now I see why you make such comparisons.

We had a pretty good DECADE in the 90s too.

So the 60s, 70s, and the 90s we kicked tail. Hmmmmm

Wait wait wait...we've only had a "decade" of sucess in our history? Now I see why you make such comparisons.

We had a pretty good DECADE in the 90s too.

So the 60s, 70s, and the 90s we kicked tail. Hmmmmm

Ole Miss claims the 60s.

Florida was CLEARLY -- head and shoulders above -- the Team of the 90s. Alabama would rank about fourth or fifth that decade. Behind Tennessee for sure. About equal to Auburn, although I'd rank them below the Tigers, too.

So yeah, one decade is about it. Except in your mind, of course.

Florida was CLEARLY -- head and shoulders above -- the Team of the 90s. Alabama would rank about fourth or fifth that decade. Behind Tennessee for sure. About equal to Auburn, although I'd rank them below the Tigers, too.

BWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHA

First lest go with Auburn:

Auburn was 72/40 with ONE appearance in atlanta and ZERO SEC Championships

Alabama was 92/31 with 5 appearances in atlanta, TWO SEC Titles and one National Title

Florida had a better run in us in the 90s...but that doesnt diminish the great decade we had.

UT had a record of 99/22 with some ties. They had 2 Atlanta Appearances with 2 titles. And one national title.

Better record, fewer divisional titles.

So how, Galen does that put us "4th or 5th"...your blind homerism makes you blow things so far out of proportion its not funny. How how how does AU rank ahead of us in the 90s?

Besides...you said "decade of success" not "team of the decade" thats what I was replying to.

Ole Miss doesnt have their archives for the 60s but we were:

90/17 4 Sec Titles, 3 national titles (1 ap) and one undefeated season where we were reigning national champ and got jumped due to politics. Id call that sucess.

So thats 60s, 70s, and 90s. Nice job proving my point.

Even in our "down decades" we get 2 SEC titles.

First lest go with Auburn:

Auburn was 72/40 with ONE appearance in atlanta and ZERO SEC Championships

Alabama was 92/31 with 5 appearances in atlanta, TWO SEC Titles and one National Title

Your win/loss numbers for uat are incorrect: uat was 83/40 from 1990 -- 1999. You obviously are incorrectly counting some of the games in '93 as wins. For the (official) record, uat was 1-12 that year due to forfeits because of rampant & overt cheating. The "title" in 1999 is obviously tainted as well -- anyone who thinks DuBose guided uat to a title without continuing the tradishunal cheating ways is a kool-ade drinking moron.

Even in our "down decades" we get 2 SEC titles.

Uh, ... better get that offense in gear soon. You're running out of time to pick up your 2 SEC titles/decade.

:lol:

You Bama guys are so sad.

You see twilight and think it's the dawn.

What's really sad is they have this uncurable urge to come on an Auburn board and try to extoll their virtues. It's kind of like the French going on a German board and talking about all their glorious victories.

For AU fans that think Bama=Ole Miss

NCAA link

So, bama equals Ole Miss?

How about national championships?

This from the NCAA web page

:ua: = 10

:om: = 1

:au: = 1

SEC Championships

:ua: =21

:om: = 6

:au: = 6

What did I tell you, ECC?

It's about where you're going, not where you've been. Keep digging up bones. People laugh just as hard at your fake "12 or 10 or 18 or 7" National Championships (depends on what you're claiming that day) as they do the fake three Ole Miss lies about.

You Bama guys are so sad.

You see twilight and think it's the dawn.

Man I posted all that info and this is all you come back with?

Please explain to me how AU had a better decade in the 90s than us.

Your win/loss numbers for uat are incorrect: uat was 83/40 from 1990 -- 1999. You obviously are incorrectly counting some of the games in '93 as wins. For the (official) record, uat was 1-12 that year due to forfeits because of rampant & overt cheating. The "title" in 1999 is obviously tainted as well -- anyone who thinks DuBose guided uat to a title without continuing the tradishunal cheating ways is a kool-ade drinking moron.

Rampant cheating? No. Langham signed a napkin of an agent. BFD. Doesnt mean we didnt win those games on the field. And you cant discredit the dubose championship based on supposition.

So, after all of this waste of time and posting space....

uat= :om:

Thanks for clearing it ups for us.

Please explain to me how AU had a better decade in the 90s than us.

Because I like Auburn better than Alabama.

And because Auburn suffered two of its worst periods in history -- the end of Dye's reign and the implosion of Bowden's -- and still managed more than 70 wins during the decade. And posted an undefeated season. And won 10 games twice. And won eight or more games six of the ten years. The only years where AU failed to win at least 8 games were the last two of Dye's tenure, Bowden's abbreviated last season and Tuberville's talent-decimated first.

Even with a floundering coach in Bowden, even with Bama putting its every resource into crushing Auburn (and not just on the field), even with probation and everything else, Auburn remained competitive and were legitimate contenders for SEC honors in most seasons.

It speaks to long-term legitimacy.

Rampant cheating? No. Langham signed a napkin of an agent. BFD. Doesnt mean we didnt win those games on the field. And you cant discredit the dubose championship based on supposition.

I don't care if he signed in gold leaf to a tp roll taped to a empty Tide washing detergent box. The operative word here is "signed." And he played after he signed and the coaching staff knew all about it. That's what's known as cheating and the games were still forfeited as a result. It's been 13 years now. Don't you think it's about time you come to grips with the factual evidence?

I'm not dealing with supposition wrt to Mike Dubose, either. Does $200,000 for a fat Memphibian DT recruit ring a bell? Please tell me you have enough sense to know that he couldn't possibly be the only one ever bought & paid for by uat. Eric Locke, Kindal Moorehead, Justin Smilely were only the tip of the iceberg when you had boosters like Logan "I-learned-from-the-Master" Young greasing palms right and left. Dubose's record at uat went like this:

'97 5-7

'98 7-5

'99 10-3

'00 3-8

I'll ask you a question that's often asked of pre-schoolers: Which one of these is not like the others? It's obvious Dubose had some "help" in 1999. Tainted. Without a doubt.

I don't care if he signed in gold leaf to a tp roll taped to a empty Tide washing detergent box. The operative word here is "signed." And he played after he signed and the coaching staff knew all about it. That's what's known as cheating and the games were still forfeited as a result. It's been 13 years now. Don't you think it's about time you come to grips with the factual evidence?

I'm not dealing with supposition wrt to Mike Dubose, either. Does $200,000 for a fat Memphibian DT recruit ring a bell? Please tell me you have enough sense to know that he couldn't possibly be the only one ever bought & paid for by uat. Eric Locke, Kindal Moorehead, Justin Smilely were only the tip of the iceberg when you had boosters like Logan "I-learned-from-the-Master" Young greasing palms right and left. Dubose's record at uat went like this:

'97 5-7

'98 7-5

'99 10-3

'00 3-8

I'll ask you a question that's often asked of pre-schoolers: Which one of these is not like the others? It's obvious Dubose had some "help" in 1999. Tainted. Without a doubt.

So you are using the NCAA's ruling on the 93 season as solid backing...but even though they DIDNT find LOIC nor did they make us forefit any of those games...you are gonna go ahead and do it for us?

Sorry bub, it doesnt work that way.

At least you are being honest. I like that.

Even with a floundering coach in Bowden, even with Bama putting its every resource into crushing Auburn (and not just on the field), even with probation and everything else, Auburn remained competitive and were legitimate contenders for SEC honors in most seasons.

Kind of like us winning the sec title in 99... 10 games in 2002 and again in 2005?

'97 5-7

'98 7-5

'99 10-3

'00 3-8

So you are using the NCAA's ruling on the 93 season as solid backing...but even though they DIDNT find LOIC nor did they make us forefit any of those games...you are gonna go ahead and do it for us?

Sorry bub, it doesnt work that way.

At least you are being honest. I like that.

Kind of like us winning the sec title in 99... 10 games in 2002 and again in 2005?

10 games in 2002 and 2005 wow, you must've been so much better than Auburn those years...

Sorry, but those games WERE forfeited. The only place they're counted is in the mind of obsessive Bama fans.

Archived