Counting National Championships

tigerdude

Kind of like us winning the sec title in 99... 10 games in 2002 and again in 2005?

No, nothing like that at all. Those were flukes. Anomalies in a trend of mediocrity (or worse). Anyone who doesn't wear crimpson contacts knows that.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of like us winning the sec title in 99... 10 games in 2002 and again in 2005?

No, nothing like that at all. Those were flukes. Anomalies in a trend of mediocrity (or worse). Anyone who doesn't wear crimpson contacts knows that.

Has anyone pointed out the fact that uat = :om: ?

So you are using the NCAA's ruling on the 93 season as solid backing...but even though they DIDNT find LOIC nor did they make us forefit any of those games...you are gonna go ahead and do it for us?

Sorry bub, it doesnt work that way.

neither does attempting to rewrite history like you uaters do all the time. It's time you joined the world of reality, and accepted the fact that those games in 93 were forfeited. Check every online source you want, even your own dark pink nation web site... I believe you'll find uat's record listed at 1-12. I know you still think uat is squeaky clean and can do no wrong, but reality is, they are the most corrupt program in the country. They've been paying players since the 1920's and haven't slowed down since. Only difference is, once the drunk left uat, they got caught...and PUNISHED...not severely enough...but punished...

When you finally get off probation, how long will it be before the NCAA is back at the crapstone?? My guess, not very long..

I swear bg, you and the rest of the uat nation can spin things your way more than my washing machine, and I did 4 loads today... You are still out spinning my washing machine.

I guess spinning is more than what you find in a health club, huh??

You're right. We've been "lucky" for 21 of our seasons and stumbled upon SEC titles. A pattern of success for 4 straight decades indicates a PATTERN of success...not an aberration. But hey, whatever...your ONE championship in 15 seasons indicates much more of a pattern of success. How about that ONE national title in your entire history of football? Does that indicate a pattern of success greater than our ~10?

We were lucky for like 4 straight seasons in the 90s to win the division.

We were lucky 10 times last year

We were lucky in every game we ever won. Honestly...I dont know why anyone ever gives us a credit of any win...i mean your argument "you were lucky" is so darn compelling.

.I dont know why anyone ever gives us a credit of any win...

Nobody here does...

you pump your own egos enough that nobody needs to do it for you....

You're right. We've been "lucky" for 21 of our seasons and stumbled upon SEC titles. A pattern of success for 4 straight decades indicates a PATTERN of success...not an aberration. But hey, whatever...your ONE championship in 15 seasons indicates much more of a pattern of success. How about that ONE national title in your entire history of football? Does that indicate a pattern of success greater than our ~10?

We were lucky for like 4 straight seasons in the 90s to win the division.

We were lucky 10 times last year

We were lucky in every game we ever won. Honestly...I dont know why anyone ever gives us a credit of any win...i mean your argument "you were lucky" is so darn compelling.

You silly thing.

The only -- ONLY -- reason Bama was any good in the 90s was because YOUR people trumped up some garbage and got Auburn on probation. It's the ONLY time in the last 25 years, Alabama's had any significant advantage over Auburn at all -- and it wasn't much at that. If you hadn't paid people to take advantage of a critically ill Pat Dye, any moderate success you may have had in the 90s would likely have never happened. And you guys knew it, that's why so much money and time was poured into trying to hurt Dye.

Your "pattern of success" as I've clearly shown you lasted one decade -- the 70s. The rest is a figment of your imagination.

Since you brought up last year, yes, you were incredibly lucky to win 10 games. That was a 6-6 team that caught some bounces.

The only -- ONLY -- reason Bama was any good in the 90s was because YOUR people trumped up some garbage and got Auburn on probation. It's the ONLY time in the last 25 years, Alabama's had any significant advantage over Auburn at all -- and it wasn't much at that. If you hadn't paid people to take advantage of a critically ill Pat Dye, any moderate success you may have had in the 90s would likely have never happened. And you guys knew it, that's why so much money and time was poured into trying to hurt Dye

How did you have time to post AND avoid the black helicopters at the same time?

Your "pattern of success" as I've clearly shown you lasted one decade -- the 70s. The rest is a figment of your imagination.

Since your argument for the 90s is so laughable...id love to hear the one you have for the 60s...why was that not a successful decade?

Since your argument for the 90s is so laughable...id love to hear the one you have for the 60s...why was that not a successful decade?

It was proven that Bama fans, miffed over Dye getting AU out of Legion Field and shocked by six AU wins in eight years spent tremendous sums of money before finally unearthing a petty punk with a golddigging wife who was willing to make asinine statements intended to discredit Dye. Bama boosters, Arrington and his lawyer lackey backed Ramsey and made sure his wife got all the thing$$$ $he thought they de$erved. That entire episode was a sham. There was nothing to it.

Do you deny that the only time when Bama had any sort of a competitive advantage over Auburn in the last 25 years was when Auburn was on probation? *hint* It can't be denied since it is true.

As for the 60s, you'll have to talk to the Ole Miss fans about that. They are the ones who owned Bama that decade. Or so they say.

It was proven that Bama fans, miffed over Dye getting AU out of Legion Field and shocked by six AU wins in eight years spent tremendous sums of money before finally unearthing a petty punk with a golddigging wife who was willing to make asinine statements intended to discredit Dye. Bama boosters, Arrington and his lawyer lackey backed Ramsey and made sure his wife got all the thing$$$ $he thought they de$erved. That entire episode was a sham. There was nothing to it.

Do you deny that the only time when Bama had any sort of a competitive advantage over Auburn in the last 25 years was when Auburn was on probation? *hint* It can't be denied since it is true.

As for the 60s, you'll have to talk to the Ole Miss fans about that. They are the ones who owned Bama that decade. Or so they say.

Wow....just WOW. You just sat there and posted that...yet how many times have you jumped ALL OVER bama fans who have claimed that AU has benefitted from us being down the last few years.

Wow...im saving this post of yours...Im totally shocked that you posted that.

Wow....just WOW. You just sat there and posted that...yet how many times have you jumped ALL OVER bama fans who have claimed that AU has benefitted from us being down the last few years.

Wow...im saving this post of yours...Im totally shocked that you posted that.

Because Auburn was slamming Bama around when there WAS no probation, dude. Six out of eight under Dye -- and then you guys framed him. It's not "the last few years" as you'd like to think it was. It's pretty much the last 25. Over the last 25 years -- for almost any legitimate time span you want to pick -- Auburn has been the better program. Five years? Ten years? Fifteen? Twenty? Twenty five? Do the research. You'll cry.

Bowden -- even under probation -- was at least even.

Besides, what did you say about reciprocation? Thought you'd enjoy it when it really sunk in that your own argument against Auburn (which isn't true) is actually applicable to your own situation (and is true).

If we did it like Bammer and Ole Miss it would look like this!

Auburn MNC 1900 1904 1910 1913 1914 1919 1957 1958 1983 1987 1993 2004

WOW look how many we got now! :big:

:ua: = phony National Titles!

I don't know why some Bama fans obsess about that very thought of, "We'll be back!"

What does "BACK" for Bama mean anyway? Back to where they were winning NCs right and left and owning every other team in the SEC? The Bahr was a great coach but he's gone and there will never be another coach like him anywhere. The best Bama will get is an SEC title every 7 or 8 years or so and maybe a national title thrown in every 10 to 15 years, or even more than that. Bama will be in the same position it is now. A few nice 9/10/ or 11 win seasons and a bunch of 7 or 8 win seasons as bookends. Just like most of the rest of the SEC.

Let's say, just for fun, that Bama beats Auburn this year. Let's say that THUMB gets turned around on us. Does that mean Bama will be back in dominance over the state?

Huh?

No. Bama will continue to be dominated by Auburn at least for the next several years. Its just like the 60s or 70s. Even though Auburn won some Iron Bowls along the way, bammer still dominated. That might be the reason and the true fear of Bama fans in this day and age. Auburn is on the rise and with Tommy Tuberville at the helm, we will stay up there for a while. He's no football genius, but he's a great motivator of players, he recruits very well, he surrounds himself with great staff, has the support of the Auburn people, for the time being. Tuberville is in charge and things are being done right. As long as he stays at Auburn, we will be successful. We may not have another 13 win season, or win NCs year after year, but I bet we'll be at the top of the SEC and perenially in the top ten for many years to come. I have no doubt that in another year or two, we'll be in contention for another national title.

And Bama? Well they better worry about themselves before they obsess with every mistake CTT makes. As long as Shula is in T-town, the future does not look bright for them.

Ryan

Has anyone pointed out the fact that uat = :om: ?

Wartim......ERRRRRR!!!!!

:poke:

Dang i can tell the iron bowl is coming soon.

For AU fans that think Bama=Ole Miss

NCAA link

So, bama equals Ole Miss?

How about national championships?

This from the NCAA web page

:ua: = 10

:om: = 1

:au: = 1

SEC Championships

:ua: =21

:om: = 6

:au: = 6

What did I tell you, ECC?

It's about where you're going, not where you've been. Keep digging up bones. People laugh just as hard at your fake "12 or 10 or 18 or 7" National Championships (depends on what you're claiming that day) as they do the fake three Ole Miss lies about.

Not to worried about ya man, numbers speak louder than words.

haha, numbers like 28-18?

anyway, I do like this little snippet from the wikipedia article.

The AP Poll did not begin selecting a champion until 1936 nor the AFCA Coaches Poll until 1950, so many national champion titles previous to those date were awarded retroactively. However during the 1910's, it is difficult to despute the legitimacy of the Auburn titles. The undefeated 1913 and 1914 teams coached by Mike Donahue were some of the best defenses in Auburn history. In fact, the 1914 squad allowed zero points all season, outscoring opponents 193-0.

So basically, after all is said and done, we can all agree that as of TODAY...........uat= :om: ! ! !

haha, numbers like 28-18?

anyway, I do like this little snippet from the wikipedia article.

The AP Poll did not begin selecting a champion until 1936 nor the AFCA Coaches Poll until 1950, so many national champion titles previous to those date were awarded retroactively. However during the 1910's, it is difficult to despute the legitimacy of the Auburn titles. The undefeated 1913 and 1914 teams coached by Mike Donahue were some of the best defenses in Auburn history. In fact, the 1914 squad allowed zero points all season, outscoring opponents 193-0.

The only problem with that 1914 squad was tying Georgia 0-0. Wow a zero to zero game!

Lets bring back the ties and get rid of overtime! ;)

The only problem with that 1914 squad was tying Georgia 0-0. Wow a zero to zero game!

Lets bring back the ties and get rid of overtime!

Id argue that the 0-0 tie was probably a better game of football than that wvu/louisville game last night.

Id argue that the 0-0 tie was probably a better game of football than that wvu/louisville game last night.

It's the end of the world, me and BG have agreed on a topic two days in a row.

War Tim, GG help me.

It's the end of the world, me and BG have agreed on a topic two days in a row.

War Tim, GG help me.

That wasn't football. That was Playstation. Pathetic.

Apparently we're the only ones who noticed, though. The media is all over Louisville's jock. Ridiculous.

Archived