Big Game this weekend

PChamp119

I'm a little suprised that this game hasn't been mentioned much this week. It kind of got pushed under the rug with LSU not having a chance at the West, but this is a big game for Auburn and Florida. Florida's best win right now is Tennessee and I feel it is why they are ranked so high in the computers. Auburn's best win right now is Florida. An LSU win gives AU two really big wins and UF with only one. UF won't have that "huge win" if UT drops this ball game. If LSU can win out, AU will have two Top 10 wins and the computers will notice that. UF may have one (just depends where UT finishes).

Now I realize AU has to go out and take care of business and all that fun stuff - so please don't respond with that.

But besides from this being a game UT needs to win to have a shot at the SEC CG (but let's be realistic, UF is not going to lose to anybody), it is a big game for UT to win because it keeps their BCS bowl bid alive. LSU needs to win so that Les Miles has at least one big W this year.

As far as I am concerned, the big game this week is Arky/SC. That matters more to AU then LSU/UT.

As far as I am concerned, the big game this week is Arky/SC. That matters more to AU then LSU/UT.

Sort of. But I think LSU and UT have a better chance of beating Arky than USC. Arky is looking tough, someone needs to knock them off thier pedistal becasue they are really starting to role with strong confidence. If LSU defeats UT, UT will play Arky with a chip on thier shoulder and LSU will be on a role, two strong top tier SEC teams. That said, I would love for the ole ball coach to help out his off season golfing buddy CTT.

Is there a possibility (admittedly probably very remote), that South Carolina could win the East?

They could, but have to have a lot of help. They have to beat ARky and UF. UF has to lose to Vandy and SC. UT has to lose 3 of their last 4, since they already have beaten SC. Chances are slim to none. UT will lose at least one more hopefull they will beat Arky!!!!

I think you are right... LSU's computer poll is 23 which is killing their BCS rank. If they beat Tennessee at number 11. That will increase their 2 human polls and drastically help their computer poll. probably jumping them much higher than their current 17 position. Probably somewhere in the low teens... I'm guessing low teens. This will then strengthen AUs computer rank and hurt Florida's... Could cause us to jump back up in the top 3 if Louisville wins this weekend.

Honestly, I am not worrying about LSU's ranking, SOS points, or anything else related to the BCS. Why? Because we are not going to be playing in the BCS CG, so why worry about it. You know how we make sure we get into a BCS bowl? We hope for Arky loss and us to win out and win the SECCG, becoming the SEC champs once again. That way we go to the Sugar Bowl and play maybe Notre Dame or somebody else, without having to worry about BCS crap.

Yes this is all good... But just like you are hoping for TWO Arky losses so that we can make the SEC Championship. I am starting to think Arky will probably not lose 2 of these last 3 they are pretty damn good team and they might just win 2 and only lose 1 hell if they play like they did against us they could win all 3. So where your hopes are exactly that hopes. Auburn making a BCS bowl as an at large team almost sounds more possible at this point. Especially if LSU beats Tennessee which I think they probably will. And never say never there are 3 weeks left and a lot of top 10 teams still have to play each other... BCS CG is still very much a possibility... Why be so negative? I would like for all of this to happen. Arky lose, Auburn make it and win the SEC championship and get a little help and go to the big one. Stop being negative and keep your hopes up!

Yes this is all good... But just like you are hoping for TWO Arky losses so that we can make the SEC Championship. I am starting to think Arky will probably not lose 2 of these last 3 they are pretty damn good team and they might just win 2 and only lose 1 hell if they play like they did against us they could win all 3. So where your hopes are exactly that hopes. Auburn making a BCS bowl as an at large team almost sounds more possible at this point. Especially if LSU beats Tennessee which I think they probably will. And never say never there are 3 weeks left and a lot of top 10 teams still have to play each other... BCS CG is still very much a possibility... Why be so negative? I would like for all of this to happen. Arky lose, Auburn make it and win the SEC championship and get a little help and go to the big one. Stop being negative and keep your hopes up!

Auburn will not get an at-large bid as long as ND gets 10 wins. That is one of those bs BCS deals that ND has with the BCS. I think there is more of a chance of Arky losing twice then us getting an at-large bid along with ND.

There is more than 1 at large bid first of all... And secondly that's only if ND finishes in the top 12. And as of right now they are #9 and still have to play AT USC last game... they will fall out of the top 12 if they lose that game and I think they will cuz they won't beat USC at home not now that USC has a chip on their should from this loss. And whatever happens after that as long as we win out SEC championship game or not we'll get that at large bid. I think we have two legimate shots at making a BCS game... My glass if half full, yours is apparently half empty

I'm a little suprised that this game hasn't been mentioned much this week. It kind of got pushed under the rug with LSU not having a chance at the West, but this is a big game for Auburn and Florida. Florida's best win right now is Tennessee and I feel it is why they are ranked so high in the computers. Auburn's best win right now is Florida. An LSU win gives AU two really big wins and UF with only one. UF won't have that "huge win" if UT drops this ball game. If LSU can win out, AU will have two Top 10 wins and the computers will notice that. UF may have one (just depends where UT finishes).

Now I realize AU has to go out and take care of business and all that fun stuff - so please don't respond with that.

But besides from this being a game UT needs to win to have a shot at the SEC CG (but let's be realistic, UF is not going to lose to anybody), it is a big game for UT to win because it keeps their BCS bowl bid alive. LSU needs to win so that Les Miles has at least one big W this year.

Florida played LSU, therefore LSU/UT will not effect Florida's SOS.

It will effect ours, because we haven't played UT. Lets GO (Not Geaux) TIGERS!!

There is more than 1 at large bid first of all... And secondly that's only if ND finishes in the top 12. And as of right now they are #9 and still have to play AT USC last game... they will fall out of the top 12 if they lose that game and I think they will cuz they won't beat USC at home not now that USC has a chip on their should from this loss. And whatever happens after that as long as we win out SEC championship game or not we'll get that at large bid. I think we have two legimate shots at making a BCS game... My glass if half full, yours is apparently half empty

Notre Dame has to be in the top 8 and you can guarantee they will be with 10 wins. After that, there really is no room for another at large bid from one of the major conferences. It could happen, but they odds are very, very, very slim. If you don't believe me, then read the bs of the BCS selection criteria in this link below. Then tell me you think there is a chance of a second SEC team getting into a BCS game. It gave me a headache just reading it. But, with this year having the extra game, there may be more of a chance of second major conference team slipping into another BCS game. However, I would still think the loser of the OSU/UM game, if they win out after their lose, has a better chance then we do if getting an at-large birth. Still three-four games left in the season, so it still really does not matter at this point. Talking about a BCS at large bid for us is premature, just like BCS CG talk was before the Arky game.

BCS Link

Archived