OL - Joe Cope, Tim Duckworth, Ben Grubbs

DE - Quentin Groves, Marquis Gunn

Outside LB - Will Herring

DB - David Irons, Aairon Savage, Jonathan Willhite

PK - John Vaughn

P - Kody Bliss

KR - Tristan Davis

Freshman All-Star Candidates

Sen'Derrick Marks, Gabe McKenzie, Jarraud Powers, Ben Tate, Tommy Trott, Aairon Savage

Link

Right now Id put the QBs in this order:

Leak

Russell

Ainge

JPW

Cox

RBs

McFadden

Felix Jones

Irons

WR:

DJ Hall

Smith from UT

Caldwell or the other dude from UF

P

Kody Bliss

Everyone else

Right now Id put the QBs in this order:

Leak

Russell

Ainge

JPW

Cox

RBs

McFadden

Felix Jones

Irons

WR:

DJ Hall

Smith from UT

Caldwell or the other dude from UF

P

Kody Bliss

Everyone else

Ainge

JPW/Cox

Russell

Leak

McFadden

Irons

Jones

Hall

Courtney Taylor

Dallas Baker

He probably won't go high in the draft, if at all. He's not the fastest guy on the team, but he's a solid "posession" receiver. He just knows how to get open.

Pro potential does not equal college potential, nor should it dictate college accolades.

And vise-versa.

I think Courtney Taylor will get drafted, but kind of late. Maybe like round 5-7. He has good size, and usu makes something happen after he catches the ball. Seems like a heads up player (like when he pounced on that fumble in the endzone of last year's UGA game).

Anyone know where he is all-time in Auburn's record books? I think he is pretty high on number of receptions (like third or fourth).

Ainge

Cox

Leak

Newton

McFadden

Irons

Lester

Jones

Courtney T.

Meachem

Hall

What are you using to base ranking Sarah Jessica Parker ahead of Brandon?

GP Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

Brandon Cox 9 145.06 203-131-3 64.5 1664 9 62 184.9

Long John Silver 9 134.12 239-139-5 58.2 1809 12 78 201.0

I don't see anything there that puts Elly Mae Clampett above BC.

12 TDs vs 9. While its only 16 yards per game higher average...it was about thirty before last week's game where he got hurt.

BC has -105 yards rushing and JPW has +39.

JPW has FAR FAR FAR less support around him. Except for WR. He doesnt have as good an Oline, or TEs. And the running game hasnt helped him much this year.

This year i think JPW is having a better year than BC. BC gets a lot of yards from play action rollouts when the running game is going well...and a lot of YAC from TEs and RBs getting dumps in the flats.

JPW also had 7 straight 200+ yd games to open the season.

Sally Jesse doesn't have "NEAR" the TALENT around him? What about all of those years as of late where uat has ruled,or for your purposes"rolled five deep", in recruiting?

You may want to talk to your other "self" in the mirror and formulate a consistant party line.

12 TDs vs 9. While its only 16 yards per game higher average...it was about thirty before last week's game where he got hurt.

BC has -105 yards rushing and JPW has +39.

JPW has FAR FAR FAR less support around him. Except for WR. He doesnt have as good an Oline, or TEs. And the running game hasnt helped him much this year.

This year i think JPW is having a better year than BC. BC gets a lot of yards from play action rollouts when the running game is going well...and a lot of YAC from TEs and RBs getting dumps in the flats.

JPW also had 7 straight 200+ yd games to open the season.

Yada, yada, yada.

Always an excuse. Doesn't have this, doesn't have that. You rank him ahead of another player because IF, IF, IF, IF, IF... nothing ever chances with you bama guys. If.

I haven't seen anything out of your guy in terms of game management or making clutch decisions that would cause me to elevate him above anyone else, really. He's better than Brodie, but as I told you repeatedly, so am I. You didn't want to hear that either.

No question Cox has played a tougher schedule. None at all. (See Worst 10 thread for confirmation). Kind of hard to make the statistical comparisons you make when you're evaluating performance against Duke with performance against Washington State. Or Vanderbilt instead of South Carolina.

Your guy played poorly late against Florida. Threw as many picks in that game as Cox has thrown in nine. Cox played well against UF. Consistently kept Auburn in a position to win.

Cox played well against LSU's pressure. We'll see how your guy does.

I can't believe these quarterback comparisons!!!! We have auburn people putting Cox along with Newton!?!?!?

Have you forgotten the beginning of the year when the sports writers were calling him "Probably the best QB in the SEC? And then after a knee injury (and now another) your calling it quits on him?

My QB rankings:

Cox

Ainge

Leak

Russell

Mustain

Newton

Tebow

Sara Jessica Parker

JPW (haha get it?)

JT3

Running Backs:

Irons

Lester

McFadden

Wynn

Felix Jones

Darby

I mean really, our WR corps is rebuilding and Cox has been making CT, Smith, and the TE's look like freaking pros. The only reason Irons isn't looking like the Irons of last year is because everyone talked about him at the beginning of the season like the RB he is, so teams are weary, look at how Miss st, Ole Miss, and USC played against us. Stop the run, stop the run, stop the run. It's just too back that our QB was able to pick them apart because of it. I have no doubt that Cox is the best QB in terms of experience, efficiency, and unlikelyness to get rattled (ice runs through that boy's veins). Also know that Irons is probably the best running back in the nation. You have arguments for Hart and Slaton, but Hart is backed by an all star passing game and Slaton doesn't know what a defense is. Remember 218? yeah, LSU remembers.

Your guy played poorly late against Florida. Threw as many picks in that game as Cox has thrown in nine. Cox played well against UF. Consistently kept Auburn in a position to win.

Huh? Like taking 5 sacks in the first 2 quarters? Shall we dig up the first half game thread from that one?

Funny you compare Wash St to Duke instead of Hawaii.

And you never mention how JPW did against Arkansas.

Even with the 3 picks against UF, he still had a pretty good game...240 yards, 8-15 on 3rd down conversions. And our game was on the ROAD. BC had UF at home and still only put up 182 yards and got sacked 5 times.

VS common opponents (UF, ARKY, Ole Miss):

BC - 588 yards 1 TD 1 INT

JPW - 689 yards 5 TDs 3INT

And we had arky and UF on the road.

Serious question for BG. Do you not think that JPW thows the ball up for grabs? I happen to have been to a couple of UA games this year. In those 2 games I have seen him throw the ball up for grabs on 4 different occasions. All should have been int. but were not, due to what I believe was quality of opponent (Duke and FI). All four resulted in incompletion or pass interference. I also believe that UA 2 starting receivers are outstanding. They go get the football. The help the QB tremendously (same as AU last year). Because of that, JPW is still learning and has an inexperience that hurts him at certain time, and is not the QB that BC is at this time.

Huh? Like taking 5 sacks in the first 2 quarters? Shall we dig up the first half game thread from that one?

Funny you compare Wash St to Duke instead of Hawaii.

And you never mention how JPW did against Arkansas.

Even with the 3 picks against UF, he still had a pretty good game...240 yards, 8-15 on 3rd down conversions. And our game was on the ROAD. BC had UF at home and still only put up 182 yards and got sacked 5 times.

VS common opponents (UF, ARKY, Ole Miss):

BC - 588 yards 1 TD 1 INT

JPW - 689 yards 5 TDs 3INT

And we had arky and UF on the road.

You're right. What was I thinking? I've got to go outside now and cut down that tree I carved into a Brandon Cox likeness. I'll have to start carving on another one to make it look like Mary Kate Olsen. I'll need to find a really wide tree to get those flapper ears in there.

I don't know what I'm going to do about these Cox tattoos I've got, though.

Let the comparisons rest until after Nov. 18 Take each one's stats from the two biggest games in November and see how it shakes out.

Running Backs:

Irons

Lester

McFadden

Wynn

Felix Jones

Darby

You can't be serious.

I know Irons has has some injuries, but McFadden wasn't full speed until the 3rd game of the year, and he is still the leading rusher in the SEC. He ran for 140+ against you in JHS, you saw him in person, and you still think Irons AND Lester are better than McFadden.

Please explain.

I don't know what I'm going to do about these Cox tattoos I've got, though.

Maybe you can turn them into "Brandine Cox"...and tell everyone she was your high school sweetheart :)

Serious question for BG. Do you not think that JPW thows the ball up for grabs? I happen to have been to a couple of UA games this year. In those 2 games I have seen him throw the ball up for grabs on 4 different occasions. All should have been int. but were not, due to what I believe was quality of opponent (Duke and FI). All four resulted in incompletion or pass interference. I also believe that UA 2 starting receivers are outstanding. They go get the football. The help the QB tremendously (same as AU last year). Because of that, JPW is still learning and has an inexperience that hurts him at certain time, and is not the QB that BC is at this time.

I think, so far, the biggest criticism of JPW is that some of his deep balls have way too much air under them. Luckily his receivers are tall and can jump...otherwise, theyd be going the other way.

Great....

Another thread in which Galen throws BG into the lynch mob. Never saw this coming.

So what if BG put JP before Cox. In my opinion, both have been playing great football. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without having to be harrassed for it constantly.

Running Backs:

Irons

Lester

McFadden

Wynn

Felix Jones

Darby

You can't be serious.

I know Irons has has some injuries, but McFadden wasn't full speed until the 3rd game of the year, and he is still the leading rusher in the SEC. He ran for 140+ against you in JHS, you saw him in person, and you still think Irons AND Lester are better than McFadden.

Please explain.

Irons sat out two full games. That's the only thing I would add to this. This season I think McFadden's had a better year, but should both be 100%, I'd probably take Irons over McFadden.

Lester's not in the same category.

Great....

Another thread in which Galen throws BG into the lynch mob. Never saw this coming.

So what if BG put JP before Cox. In my opinion, both have been playing great football. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without having to be harrassed for it constantly.

I asked a question and provided some statistical justification for that question. I wasn't aware that was illegal or even inflammatory. Next time I'll clear it with you before I do. Or not.

Great....

I asked a question and provided some statistical justification for that question. I wasn't aware that was illegal or even inflammatory. Next time I'll clear it with you before I do. Or not.

Whatever works for you.

Sally Jesse doesn't have "NEAR" the TALENT around him? What about all of those years as of late where uat has ruled,or for your purposes"rolled five deep", in recruiting?

You may want to talk to your other "self" in the mirror and formulate a consistant party line.

Tim,

Don't forget that before the season started BG was thumping his chest about how great their Oline would really be....I believe he said....best in the SEC....

now he says the have no support on the OLine... so which is it???

Archived