2006 SEC Football Post-Season Honors Candidates

vatz22au

Huh? Like taking 5 sacks in the first 2 quarters?

**How about ELEVEN sacks in ONE GAME? (Oh, sorry. Wrong uat Heisman qb) B)

And you never mention how JPW did against Arkansas.

**He lost.

i think what is not being looked at here is the fact that it took good ole ken darby a while to post a 100 yd game, and when you can't run it ya gotta throw it or just give up so yes of course Sarah Jessica John Jacob Jingleheimer Wilson "The Snake" Namath Gold is going to have more yards because you couldn't get it done on the ground. Auburn on the other hand has had some decent success running the ball. Let's look at your UF game example BG. You are right we only had 182 yards passing from Cox....yet we had over 100 on the ground against them... 133 to be exact so when you can run it and move the ball... what is the point in throwing it up 40-50 times a game... more yards doesn't mean better product...

If that's the case let us give the heisman trophy for this year to Brad Lester because he scores a touchdown every 10.3 touches.. but he himself admitted that he wasn't going to pay attention to that because even though he was ahead of Bo Jackson in that category BL said that Jackson had way more touches than he did at the moment so he was interested in the debate at all. So you see... simply because JPW has more yards than BC let us not equate him to BC... I'd take BC and his experience over that girl from Sex and the City anyday.

I can't believe these quarterback comparisons!!!! We have auburn people putting Cox along with Newton!?!?!?

Have you forgotten the beginning of the year when the sports writers were calling him "Probably the best QB in the SEC? And then after a knee injury (and now another) your calling it quits on him?

I was never too high on Cox because I saw him as a large step down from Campbell. I am not putting him down, I am just stating my unadulterated view of our current quarterback. I was always a huge Jason Campbell fan and I was glad that he went so high in the draft. It proved my point to all my friends who mocked me for saying how great he was, and no, not just his senior year. After a shaky freshman campaign he was pretty solid his last three years and did statistically the best with the better of the 4 OCs he learned under. Cox will never be what Campbell was, though somehow many Auburn fans will tell you Cox is the better of the two. His arm strength seems less every week and teams know we absolutely cannot throw the ball more than 15 yards downfield. He has yet to win a game for us, but if/when he does, I will stand corrected. Hopefully that happens a lot. IMO UAT does have the better QB right now which scares me with the Iron Bowl coming up. Luckily, I feel like we have them at almost every other position including coaching so hopefully we will pull it out.

QUOTE(GalensGhost @ Nov 2 2006, 02:25 PM)

What are you using to base ranking Sarah Jessica Parker ahead of Brandon?

GP Effic Att-Cmp-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

Brandon Cox 9 145.06 203-131-3 64.5 1664 9 62 184.9

Long John Silver 9 134.12 239-139-5 58.2 1809 12 78 201.0

I don't see anything there that puts Elly Mae Clampett above BC.

12 TDs vs 9. While its only 16 yards per game higher average...it was about thirty before last week's game where he got hurt.

BC has -105 yards rushing and JPW has +39.

JPW has FAR FAR FAR less support around him. Except for WR. He doesnt have as good an Oline, or TEs. And the running game hasnt helped him much this year.

This year i think JPW is having a better year than BC. BC gets a lot of yards from play action rollouts when the running game is going well...and a lot of YAC from TEs and RBs getting dumps in the flats.

JPW also had 7 straight 200+ yd games to open the season.

Spit out all the stats you want... There's only 1 stat that counts when you are quarterbacking a team and that's W's. And Brandon has plenty more than Sarah Jessica Parker. My favorite quarterback of all time is Dan Marino and I can say whatever I want about him being the best but what do I ALWAYS have to hear??? Oh he didn't win a superbowl... So that means Bret Favre, Joe Montana, Steve Young and all those guys were better than him. EVEN THOUGH Marino lead all of them in EVERY STATISTIC in the book. He even holds the record for most records for a QB, but do people give him the credit of being better than the rest? I do but many people won't and WHY??? Because he never won the big game??? Is that all his fault?? No, it's a team sport but that's what people remember about a QB. And as I see it Cox has more wins than Sally Jesse, less interceptions than anyone in the SEC, went 120+ passes without throwing an interception. So I rank him right up top with the best QBs in the SEC. Sure he doesn't put up the biggest numbers but he's smart and that's why he wins ball games... Look at Tom Brady... He doesn't put up huge numbers nor does he have the best players on the field most of the time, but he wins... And that's what counts. So to you bummers and even some of you nay saying AU fans... Think about this before you form your opinion on Cox. He's doing a great job and just remember the feeling you got during the LSU game when he went down and the WHOLE stadium starting chanting his name! Keep it up BC! You're doing a great job and War Damn Eagle!

Yeah, I dont think wins only is a fair barometer for how good your QB is.

Otherwise, Ken Dorsey would have been a top 5 draft pick.

Heck...arkansas is #1 in the SEC and have one of the worst QBs. You mean to tell me Mustain is better than BC? No way.

yet we had over 100 on the ground against them... 133 to be exact so when you can run it and move the ball... what is the point in throwing it up 40-50 times a game... more yards doesn't mean better product...

We had 83 yards on the ground and 323 yards total compared to your 315. We also had 20 first downs.

And you never mention how JPW did against Arkansas.

**He lost.

Which is far worse than how BC fared against them?

Don't forget that before the season started BG was thumping his chest about how great their Oline would really be....I believe he said....best in the SEC....

No i said one of the better lines in the sec. Partly because the sec olines were supposed to be down this year. I over estimated our oline coach's ability to get the guys ready for this season. Sue me.

Heck...arkansas is #1 in the SEC and have one of the worst QBs. You mean to tell me Mustain is better than BC? No way.

That's not really fair. He's a freshman and is still learning the ropes. He's better than the QB's at Miss St, Vandy, UGA and Ole Miss (maybe even UK). He will be one of the best in the conference next year and will be the best in 2 years.

Oh yeah, and he's 7-0 as a starter.

That's not really fair. He's a freshman and is still learning the ropes. He's better than the QB's at Miss St, Vandy, UGA and Ole Miss (maybe even UK). He will be one of the best in the conference next year and will be the best in 2 years.

dealing with absolutes again. How do you know that?? Are you psychic?? Actually at this point, he's not really any better than the QB's at any of the schools you mentioned. He MAY be one of the best in the conference, and he MAY be the best in the conference in two years, or he COULD bust like a balloon and not even make honorable mention on any ALL-SEC teams....kinda like brodie... He could also have an injury that takes him out of action....so, why must so many people deal in absolutes, and make shallow guarantees???

dealing with absolutes again. How do you know that?? Are you psychic?? Actually at this point, he's not really any better than the QB's at any of the schools you mentioned. He MAY be one of the best in the conference, and he MAY be the best in the conference in two years, or he COULD bust like a balloon and not even make honorable mention on any ALL-SEC teams....kinda like brodie... He could also have an injury that takes him out of action....so, why must so many people deal in absolutes, and make shallow guarantees???

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that a QB's job is to win games. Well, Mustain is 7-0 as a starter, there is my absolute. Undefeated, including a win on the plains. Yes, he has 2 of the best backs in the league to help him, but the FACT is he is 7-0. Mustain was Gatorade POY in HS and was an all-american. I THINK he will improve and will be great.

And if you want to deal in absolutes, help me out where some people feel like Irons is a better back than McFadden. Here are this year's numbers:

Irons: 144 carries, 687 yds, 4.77 per carry, 98.14 yds/game

McFadden: 142 carries, 819 yds, 5.77 per carry, 102.38 yds/game

Oh yeah, Irons has missed 2 games this year, so injury has hurt him (even though McFadden was injured to start the season and wasn't healthy the first few games). So let's look at last year combined with this year:

Irons: 400 carries, 1980 yds, 4.95 per carry

McFadden: 318 carries, 1932 yds, 6.07 per carry

And McFadden wasn't the starter until the 4th game last year.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that a QB's job is to win games. Well, Mustain is 7-0 as a starter, there is my absolute. Undefeated, including a win on the plains. Yes, he has 2 of the best backs in the league to help him, but the FACT is he is 7-0. Mustain was Gatorade POY in HS and was an all-american. I THINK he will improve and will be great.

And if you want to deal in absolutes, help me out where some people feel like Irons is a better back than McFadden. Here are this year's numbers:

Irons: 144 carries, 687 yds, 4.77 per carry, 98.14 yds/game

McFadden: 142 carries, 819 yds, 5.77 per carry, 102.38 yds/game

Oh yeah, Irons has missed 2 games this year, so injury has hurt him (even though McFadden was injured to start the season and wasn't healthy the first few games). So let's look at last year combined with this year:

Irons: 400 carries, 1980 yds, 4.95 per carry

McFadden: 318 carries, 1932 yds, 6.07 per carry

And McFadden wasn't the starter until the 4th game last year.

Kenny wasn't the starter until after the Arkansas game last season. That was four or five games in.

The fact of the matter is he has 82 more carries and only 42 more yards than McFadden. Irons also has 3 less TD's than McFadden. Oh, and McFadden is a SO while Irons is a SR.

Yeah? Well Kenny's injured. And he's a lot funnier than McFadden. He's better looking too. And cooler. And his dad would whip McFadden's dad's ASS!

I think Kenny could whup Darren...all he'd have to do is fight him in a parking lot and let ole McFad's free swinging foot do the rest.

That's not funny. :no:

Plus, you should have seen the other guy... B)

The envelope please...

QBs: Ainge

RBs: McFadden

WRs: Baker, Bennett, Meachem, or Hall

OL: Caldwell, Duckworth, Sears, Smith, Inman

DTs: Harrison

DEs: Groves, Gunn, or Moses

OLBs: Olajabutu

ILB: Willis

DBs: Castille, Irons, Landry, or Nelson

PKs: Succop

P: Bliss