Everyone just calm down

TrojanTiger13

Yeah they came from behind in one of the best games of the season, Yeah the "chooping wood" thing is great, Yeah they have turned around a program but mark my words RUTGERS WILL LOSE TO WEST VIRGINIA and the Big Easy will once again be out of the race. So calm down and put on your Blue and Gold in 2 weeks and pull for the mountaineers! for once we're going to get the chance to watch another conference beat the crap out of themselves like the SEC does every year.

Why should people have to calm down? I don't see anyone upset or worried about the "big" east conference. I think we are all excited for Rutgers for their monumental win, but we are not worried one bit about the big east as the records stand now. I don't see how Rutgers has a snowballs chance of being in the big game even if they do go undefeated. And, as some have mentioined on this board, if they do go undefeated, wouldn't it be great for college football to see them play for the mnc. I can't see that happening, but it would be great. Too many things have to happen for AU to get to the mnc game so let's just watch and pull for one of the most extreme underdogs/longshots ever.

I'd love to see Rutgers go undefeated so the BCS could be exposed as the crock of crap that it is once again...

Imagine settling it on the FIELD in a playoff? What loon ever came up with that idea?

I'd love to see Rutgers go undefeated so the BCS could be exposed as the crock of crap that it is once again...

Imagine settling it on the FIELD in a playoff? What loon ever came up with that idea?

I agee with you, bammer ;)

I agee with you, bammer ;)

I also agree with your both I hope Rutgers wins out it would be good for college football

You have to forgive me but im not ready to give up yet and am already tired of hearing ppl worship Rutgers and give no respect to the SEC and us. The ESPN dorks were talking last night about what 1 loss teams would get the chance at the Title and Old man Time(Holtz) and May both said I think Texas and Louisville, at that time Rece Davis(UAT alum) commented on their obvious decision to leave the SEC teams(UF, Arky, AU) out and the only thing those 2 butt pirates could do was smile and look stupid. Im sorry I need to vent and my girlfriend is a :lsu: fan and she's all wrapped up in the massacre that will take place in Baton Rouge this weekend.

I don't see how Rutgers has a snowballs chance of being in the big game even if they do go undefeated. And, as some have mentioined on this board, if they do go undefeated, wouldn't it be great for college football to see them play for the mnc. I can't see that happening, but it would be great. Too many things have to happen for AU to get to the mnc game so let's just watch and pull for one of the most extreme underdogs/longshots ever.

You bet. So how does #15 on November 9 get to #1 come January (and get rid of the "myth" in the "mythical national championship," to boot)??

Goodbye, BCS . . . Hello, playoff!!!!

Boggles the mind, I know, but still . . .

This Rutgers win does lend itself to a lot of possibilities. The slim possibility of them in the mnc game would be a true David vs Goliath plus the end of the bcs as we know it. I may just become a big Rutgers fan.

It won't happen though. WVU will end their dreams if someone else doesn't end them sooner.

Ummm....who is getting upset or worried about Rutgers? I must have missed that post on the board.

Yeah they came from behind in one of the best games of the season, Yeah the "chooping wood" thing is great, Yeah they have turned around a program but mark my words RUTGERS WILL LOSE TO WEST VIRGINIA and the Big Easy will once again be out of the race. So calm down and put on your Blue and Gold in 2 weeks and pull for the mountaineers! for once we're going to get the chance to watch another conference beat the crap out of themselves like the SEC does every year.

wow..someone here has shown his/her inability to read. I have not yet seen anybody here that would need to calm down as a result of Rutgers win last night. Not sure where this is coming from. I for one enjoyed seeing rutgers win that game last night. It was great for CFB.

I won't speak for anyone else here but me, but I don't need to be told who to cheer for. I cheer for who I CHOOSE to... I also don't need to be told to calm down, cause who the H*** are you to tell people what to do? I will NOT wear blue and gold in 2 weeks or EVER. I also don't know why so many people deal in absolutes. All this "mark my words" crap just makes people look ridiculous when it doesn't happen. Perhaps this poster is psychic? a tarrot reader? I'm guessing neither of the above, yet he/she issues an absolute. I hope Rutgers beats WVU...

I am hoping Rutgers does win out. Why would I want WV to beat them? If Rutgers wins out and does not get a chance to play in the MNC, that is just more exposure to how the BCS is messed up. I like the Rutgers team. They are an underdog. However, I don't think anybody seriously thinks they have a shot at the MNC unless just about every team in front of them has a total meltdown in their remaining games.

Again, I think any talk of us playing in the MNC is silly. We need to win out and hope Arky chokes in two of their last three games, and then focus on winning the SEC CG. That is the goal right now. With so many possible one loss teams at the end of the year, whichever one loss team gets in is going to be highly debated because what would make them better then the other one loss teams to get into the game? So if the one loss team beats the undefeated team in the MNC, what have you accomplished then? You would have even more of a debate then probably.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to play in a MNC, but I would rather play in it and win it when our participation would not be so debated. I would rather be an obvious champion. That is not going to happen until there is a playoff. But, the one championship we can win and not be debated is the SEC Championship.

First of all, War Damn Rutgers.

I hope they win out. I hope they blow WVU out of the water. And I hope they play for the MNC. When this year began, what was ESPN saying the BCS was all about? "Style Points." They earned some big time style points last night. Beating a team that was better than them on primetime?? Holding the "powerhouse" bandwagon Louisville scoreless in the second half??? Heck yeah that was awesome.

Every year ESPN decides that the BCS is about different things. In '04 it was about starting at the top and staying undefeated. In '05 it was about "continuing to win." In '06 it was about style points until this week when they are frantically scrambling to quickly re-define it.

That team is what college football is all about. Heart, soul, school spirit, TEAM.... what more can you ask for man?

The BCS is a sham. I could care less if the "right" two teams (according to ESPN) play for the MNC.

It's time for us Auburn fans to just realize that we have had a great season and the BCS does not define who we are or whether we are successful. We are 9-1, going into Amen Corner significant favorites over two of our biggest rivals. The SECCG is a longshot and out of our hands. A BCS bowl is a longshot and out of our hands. We don't have the SOS remaining to bump us up.

SO FORGET ABOUT THAT CRAP AND LET'S GO ENJOY WATCHING OUR TIGERS ONE LAST TIME AT HOME before we have to go through a year of withdrawal.

Obviously, none of the old farts running the :puke: NCAA/BCS BS/Disney/ESPN/ABC Sports (let me get into your pocket for awhile so I can make millions because I am ABC, I am a god)! :roflol: You make a great point wincrimson! God forbid the NCAA and all the powers that be should use some common sense and give the fans what the want?!

Rutgers this year is very similar to Auburns situation in 2004. A very good team that had the bad fortune to start too low in the polls.

If you play in a "BCS" conference and you go undefeted and do not get a chance to play for a NC then the system is flawed. Auburn was screwed in 2004 and someone will get the shaft this year.

A Rutgers win or loss will not affect the nonsense that is the BCS.

If Rutgers wins out they still will not play in the championship game. That makes the BCS look bad. If Rutgers loses to WV, then either Michigan and OSU will lose and the BCS will have to decide between 5 or 6 teams with one loss and once again there will be a problem.

The only way the BCS works right is like last year when only two major teams go undefeated. So we will be forced to put up with a system that gets it right once every 2 or 3 years.

Archived