Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

Captain Liger

The man is simply the epitomy of calm and cool leadership in a stressful time. :thumbsup:

LINK

He's also pro-gay rights and pro-choice. Good luck Rudy running as a Republican outside of NY, unless you flip-flop.

Hell, if McCain, Giuliani, and Lieberman were all running, I would be fairly content with my choices.

Just curious, Otter...McCain and Lieberman say that even knowing what they know now, they would have supported going into Iraq. Given your views on this, don't you question their judgment?

Don't forget, he's a mere adulterer - obviously a step up from the current Republican leadership.

And on par with the Clintons.

Hell, if McCain, Giuliani, and Lieberman were all running, I would be fairly content with my choices.

Just curious, Otter...McCain and Lieberman say that even knowing what they know now, they would have supported going into Iraq. Given your views on this, don't you question their judgment?

I didn't support the war before our troops crossed the Iraqi frontier. Period. I felt it violated the classic diplomatic rule of conserving enemies. Further, I worry that we committed a strategic blunder on par with the Athenians' Syracusan Expedition during the Peloponnesian War, diverting precious money, manpower, and prestige from our true goal, which is the eradication of terror. Before 2003, Iraq was a contained threat and would have eventually collapsed on its own, without the help of American and British troops.

That being said, we're there. And even more disastrous than invading Iraq is a pullout from Iraq. If you think things are bad now, just wait and see what happens if we bolt from the place. It will embolden our enemies and provide them with a rallying point at a time when their networks are under serious stress. The hidden secret right now is how effective our diplomatic, intelligence and financial measures are becoming. To provide Al Queda with a victory right now would be a serious mistake.

At this point, I think McCain and Lieberman are probably of the same mindset. Only they feel that flatly stating that Iraq was a mistake would undermine our already shaky efforts there. Just a guess on my part, but if I were in their shoes I would say the same thing.

Don't forget, he's a mere adulterer - obviously a step up from the current Republican leadership.

That should get him a good many democrat votes, shouldn't it! At least those who still pant and drool over Clinton.

That should get him a good many democrat votes, shouldn't it! At least those who still pant and drool over Clinton.

He should get some votes in Kentucky. He married his cousin.

He should get some votes in Kentucky. He married his cousin.

West Virginia as well.

I didn't support the war before our troops crossed the Iraqi frontier. Period. I felt it violated the classic diplomatic rule of conserving enemies. Further, I worry that we committed a strategic blunder on par with the Athenians' Syracusan Expedition during the Peloponnesian War, diverting precious money, manpower, and prestige from our true goal, which is the eradication of terror. Before 2003, Iraq was a contained threat and would have eventually collapsed on its own, without the help of American and British troops.

Ditto...Not to mention giving Al Queda the best recruiting propaganda it's got.

[and cudoes on dredging up such an obscure historical reference as the Peloponnesian War and having the guts to try to spell it! ;) ]

[and cudoes on dredging up such an obscure historical reference as the Peloponnesian War and having the guts to try to spell it! ;) ]

Why thank you. I've read my Thucydides.

Well, now you're just showing off by spelling "Thucydides". :P

Well, now you're just showing off by spelling "Thucydides". :P

Don't be. I had to look it up.

Archived