Tim Castille

sogaaufan

"I don't know if the program is going in the right direction," said senior fullback Tim Castille. "I think so, just because I don't want to think that I've been here for five years and haven't gotten anything done. But it almost seems like that's the reality. I can't really answer whether we're going backwards or forwards. We didn't get the job done down the line this year. I don't know if that's on the head guy or on the players. Right now, the way it's looking, we're not going forward and if you're not going forward, you're going backwards. That's just a fact." -Tim Castille

I'm afraid we won't have Shula to push around much longer. How does he have a future when he's lost his players?

My gut tells me that he's around for one more year......

But that's not much of a "reliability" tool ;) .

The calls made in this game reflect his inability to get the job done, in my opinion. I'd like to keep him for that 6th in a row :) !

I didn't see any of this, did anyone else catch it? Doesn't speak well of the coach/player relationship:

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/nm...&thispage=1

It was an Alabama player, cornerback Simeon Castille, who appeared to get in his coach's face when he disagreed with Mike Shula's decision to kick a field goal and not go for a touchdown at the conclusion of the Tide's first possession. It was Alabama's Keith Brown, who also disagreed with Shula's first-quarter decision, who tossed a helmet into one of the aluminum benches on the sideline

Like most Auburn fans. I'd like to see Shula stay a long time. But from the Bama viewpoint, if this is indicative of what respect his players have for him, then he's lost control and ought to go.

Shula will be back at least one more year......count on it! The powers that be at Bama know full well that the past tendency to replace coaches too fast has cost them valuable time in rebuilding and, his buyout would be substantial, considering they just gave him a raise and contract extension. After that, it's anybody's guess.

Shula will be back at least one more year......count on it! The powers that be at Bama know full well that the past tendency to replace coaches too fast has cost them valuable time in rebuilding and, his buyout would be substantial, considering they just gave him a raise and contract extension. After that, it's anybody's guess.

Yep, no doubt that 'Bama 10 win season last year was the best thing to happen to Auburn in a long time...

I, too, think he's got one more year, IF he makes some changes on his staff. If he stubbornly refuses to compromise with the powers-that-be out of misplaced loyalty to his assistants, they might pull the plug on him now. Anyway, isn't that pretty much the norm in college football these days: when in trouble, fire some assistant(s) and you get one more year's grace period.

But: Even if they give him another year, won't that be a major handicap come recruiting season? Surely recruits are smart enough to know that if they sign with Bama, there is a strong chance that they will see a new coach and a new system before they graduate.

Bobby Patrino is the next Bama coach, whether it happens this Winter or next.

Ain't gonna happen. No coach in his right mind would take on the Alabama coaching job. He would not be in charge. Mal and Witt are. (And other unnamed sources). We want Shula to stay FOREVER!

"I don't know if the program is going in the right direction," said senior fullback Tim Castille. "I think so, just because I don't want to think that I've been here for five years and haven't gotten anything done. But it almost seems like that's the reality. I can't really answer whether we're going backwards or forwards. We didn't get the job done down the line this year. I don't know if that's on the head guy or on the players. Right now, the way it's looking, we're not going forward and if you're not going forward, you're going backwards. That's just a fact." -Tim Castille

I'm afraid we won't have Shula to push around much longer. How does he have a future when he's lost his players?

This was also in today's Huntsville Times

I have seen this in several places as well.

Keep in mind that if a PLAYER is saying this kind of stuff to the press....the rumblings that are going on INTERNALLY are probably much more severe.

Bama fans would save themselves a whole lot of grief if they would just accept the proven fact that :ua: = :om:

I have seen this in several places as well.

Keep in mind that if a PLAYER is saying this kind of stuff to the press....the rumblings that are going on INTERNALLY are probably much more severe.

Bama fans would save themselves a whole lot of grief if they would just accept the proven fact that :ua: = :om:

Except that Ole Miss played LSU to the wire. LSU had to take them to overtime to win.

So, Ole Miss > SPUAT.

Bobby Patrino is the next Bama coach, whether it happens this Winter or next.

I hope so...I think Tubby would LOVE to beat that "son of a motherless goat" for YEARS to come!!!

:au::homer:

Archived