beavers vs tigers

chinook

Auburn makes me nervous on opening weekend. Would prefer a cupcake to open, then play the Beavers the next week, but if this is the only spot that works, and we can juggle the rest of our schedule to get our 12 games, I say we take it. We did pretty well this year against Washington State to open things up.

beavers looking to play a 1 game deal in auburn for the opening weekend.

linky dinky

i hope it happens as i have multiple beaver alumni working in my office.

Wow that would be great. I just showed this to my Oregon St. wife and inlaws here in Bend, Oregon and they are ready to make travel plans.

But right now we are scheduled to open Sept. 1 with New Mexico St. Would we play OSU a week earlier, replace NMS with OSU, or what?

I would assume that since ESPN is in on it, and you arne't going to be on TV for New Mexico State, you give New Mexico State it's paycheck and say hello to the Beavers. Plus with the crappy looking OOC schedule they have lined up, it adds a little notariety.

I would assume that since ESPN is in on it, and you arne't going to be on TV for New Mexico State, you give New Mexico State it's paycheck and say hello to the Beavers. Plus with the crappy looking OOC schedule they have lined up, it adds a little notariety.

Man I hope you are right. We have been hoping for a long time for a Tiger-Beaver matchup. In fact it came up during Thanksgiving dinner.

I will say it now,,,,, NO ONE is allowed to make funny headlines about the AUBURN QB & the Beavers.

:rolleyes:

lol that's hilarious. But anyways, yeah I would love to see us play the Beavers on opening day. With Oregon AND South Florida on the schedule next season plus all the AWAY games we face NO ONE will be able to talk about our schedule being soft and they won't be able to say anything about our out of conference schedule either.

I will say it now,,,,, NO ONE is allowed to make funny headlines about the AUBURN QB & the Beavers.

:rolleyes:

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Oh there will be a million jokes about the beavers but they are used to it. Among our best friends is a couple where on is a OSU grad (Beaver) and the other is a USC grad (Trojan). We alway tell them they are a marriage made in heaven. :big:

That would make me really nervous considering how we play the first game of the season and to bring a unranked team in that gave LSU a run two years ago at LSU down to JH could be a catastrophe, granted its not the same team but its a team that beat the #2 team in the nation this year ending a 20 something winning streak, I say bad deal start with the Citadel, NM or some other creampuff at least we could justify our preseason ranking for one week.

Nice forum been a lurker but had to chime in on this one from Walla Walla, WA.

That would make me really nervous considering how we play the first game of the season and to bring a unranked team in that gave LSU a run two years ago at LSU down to JH could be a catastrophe, granted its not the same team but its a team that beat the #2 team in the nation this year ending a 20 something winning streak, I say bad deal start with the Citadel, NM or some other creampuff at least we could justify our preseason ranking for one week.

Nice fourm been a lurker but had to chime in on this one from Walla Walla, WA.

Just shows you can't please everyone. I agree with some of your comments but the vast majority of Auburn folks (including me) think we have to beef up our schedule. We handled Wash. St. OK this year.

Don't say crap like that. To be the best you have to beat the best. If we lose the first game of the season to the Beavers than we don't deserve our preseason rank. Hell put up USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State or Texas first game of the season see if I give a **** I would LOVE IT. I'm pretty sure our fight song does say, "NEVER TO FEAR." WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

According to the Beaver schedule so far, they have Nov. 17 off as we do. I consider that perfect, as it's late in the season and all rust should be shaken out by then. Although, I would argue our team gathered some rust this season (maybe due to injuries though). With two early open dates, OSU probably wants to fill one of them with us, and leave Nov. 17 open.

Don't say crap like that. To be the best you have to beat the best. If we lose the first game of the season to the Beavers than we don't deserve our preseason rank. Hell put up USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State or Texas first game of the season see if I give a **** I would LOVE IT. I'm pretty sure our fight song does say, "NEVER TO FEAR." WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Just sayin a win is a win OSU has been a spoiler and don't think they can be compared to WSU.

I personally think it would be a bad idea to schedule OSU, or anyone half decent, between UGA and Bama. Those are always two brutal games to end the season with (yes, I know, insert Bama joke here), why in the world would you want to schedule a tough OOC game between them? I would much rather schedule a good OOC game the second or third week of the season and play a creampuff game between UGA and Bama.

Just sayin a win is a win OSU has been a spoiler and don't think they can be compared to WSU.

You sound like a Beaver Believer :big:

Maybe we could make a deal with the SEC office in order to strengthen our schedue.....Trade uat for Oregon!

You sound like a Beaver Believer :big:

didn't wazzu beat the beavers?

to me wazzu, arizona st and beavers fall in line together being near equals in the pac 10. it depends on the year, class of recruits etc.. beavers aren't that many years from their dismal stretch of a losing record that lasted 20 plus years.

If Brandon Cox has a good game passing against the Beavers, I can just see the headlines:

"Cox easily passes through Beavers"

"Cox comes up big against Beavers"

"Beavers defense no match for wily Cox"

OK, I know there's more. Let's hear 'em.

Tiger1992, I am reminded of USC and Georgia Tech... twice each. All 4 games were early in the season, if not the first game of the season, and we lost all 4. This is the first time in a long time that we played a non-cream puff for our first game of the season and won convincingly. Next year, Cox will be a senior, should be well-healed, and we'll be in good shape (sans the Irons boys, among others). So maybe it's OK next season. Otherwise, CTT generally has trouble with tough early season games.

Archived