beavers vs tigers

chinook

If Brandon Cox has a good game passing against the Beavers, I can just see the headlines:

"Cox easily passes through Beavers"

"Cox comes up big against Beavers"

"Beavers defense no match for wily Cox"

OK, I know there's more. Let's hear 'em.

"Cox hard on the Beavers last night"

Tiger1992, I am reminded of USC and Georgia Tech... twice each. All 4 games were early in the season, if not the first game of the season, and we lost all 4. This is the first time in a long time that we played a non-cream puff for our first game of the season and won convincingly. Next year, Cox will be a senior, should be well-healed, and we'll be in good shape (sans the Irons boys, among others). So maybe it's OK next season. Otherwise, CTT generally has trouble with tough early season games.

I'm not as worried about starting against a strong opponent as I am seeing if we can get an off week sometime around the middle of the year. This 12 games in a row business is murder.

Tiger1992, I am reminded of USC and Georgia Tech... twice each. All 4 games were early in the season, if not the first game of the season, and we lost all 4. This is the first time in a long time that we played a non-cream puff for our first game of the season and won convincingly. Next year, Cox will be a senior, should be well-healed, and we'll be in good shape (sans the Irons boys, among others). So maybe it's OK next season. Otherwise, CTT generally has trouble with tough early season games.

Yeah, I certainly haven't forgotten those. I just think that the UGA-UA stretch is hard enough as it is, why throw in a tough OOC game on top of that. I like the idea someone mentioned earlier in this thread, play a couple of games to knock the rust off, then play a decent OOC team. I think that's better than playing UGA-tough OOC-UA-SECCG (hopefully). However, if it's a choice of playing OSU between UGA-UA, or picking up yet another creampuff, I'd definitely take the former.

If Brandon Cox has a good game passing against the Beavers, I can just see the headlines:

"Cox easily passes through Beavers"

"Cox comes up big against Beavers"

"Beavers defense no match for wily Cox"

OK, I know there's more. Let's hear 'em.

"Cox hard on the Beavers last night"

Say BC has a bad first half, maybe throws a couple of picks. The halftime report could start off with "Cox in sticky situation with the Beavers."

Honestly, if we do play Oregon St, the possibilities of inuendos being said by the commentators would probably increase the ratings quite a bit.

"Cox is really finding the hole's in the Beaver's defense."

"Cox stiff arms a Beaver defender!"

"Beavers deny Cox a chance to shine."

"Cox loses the ball and the Beavers have it!"

Also, don't forget that Mike Riley is a Bear-kid. He'd probably love a chance to play Auburn.

Also, don't forget that Mike Riley is a Bear-kid. He'd probably love a chance to play Auburn.

Riley has no love for bama. Last time around bama talked to him about the HC job but wouldn't give him the weekend to think about it. Nice to see you making those bama connections young fella :)

Riley has no love for bama. Last time around bama talked to him about the HC job but wouldn't give him the weekend to think about it. Nice to see you making those bama connections young fella :)

?

beaver's get waxed by tiger offense led by cox penetrating the gap

Beavers devour cox

Beavers encase cox

Cox bites Beavers

Wow, my innocent eyes are just burning - you guys are going to corrupt me ;)

I hope we play OSU, my old Army room mate was an OSU alum.

Beavers bury Cox

Cox passes on Beavers

Cox puts the shocker on Beavertown

Cox creams Beavers

Beavers and Cox go 1 on 1

Cox goes limp against Beavers

Cox needs protection against Beavers

Cox takes care of sloppy Beavers

Take your pick I could go on all day

Don't say crap like that. To be the best you have to beat the best. If we lose the first game of the season to the Beavers than we don't deserve our preseason rank. Hell put up USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State or Texas first game of the season see if I give a **** I would LOVE IT. I'm pretty sure our fight song does say, "NEVER TO FEAR." WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Just sayin a win is a win OSU has been a spoiler and don't think they can be compared to WSU.

You sound like a Beaver Believer :big:

didn't wazzu beat the beavers?

to me wazzu, arizona st and beavers fall in line together being near equals in the pac 10. it depends on the year, class of recruits etc.. beavers aren't that many years from their dismal stretch of a losing record that lasted 20 plus years.

YA but didn't UW beat WAZZU?

Archived