Sorry to brag guys

crashman009

What a game! Authens vs. Eufaula in the class 5A state game. I'm not sure what was more intense for me this season. AU-LSU or this one, but it is so great to be an Auburn Tigers and a Athens Golden Eagle. Final Score was 10-7. I am in the Athens band and I never payed attention to playing the music during a play and it was great. Anyway im sorry but I jsut had to come brag. Does anyone else have some good high school football stories to share? :cheer:

What a game! Authens vs. Eufaula in the class 5A state game. I'm not sure what was more intense for me this season. AU-LSU or this one, but it is so great to be an Auburn Tigers and a Athens Golden Eagle. Final Score was 10-7. I am in the Athens band and I never payed attention to playing the music during a play and it was great. Anyway im sorry but I jsut had to come brag. Does anyone else have some good high school football stories to share? :cheer:

My family used to live in Limestone County...my brother played a little for East Limestone...but we used to go play tennis at Athens High all the time back in the mid 80's.... Loved it there. So we have a soft spot for Athens High...way to go!!! :)

:au::homer:

hey! i watched most of the 2nd half of that game last night on TV up here in Tennessee.

Not having a direct dog in the fight, I started pulling for Athens because their coach appeared to want it more.

Congrats to both teams, and to the State Champs!

ct

congrats golden eagles.

My first start was the first game of my sophmore year (fall of 89) aginst Athens. I still have nightmares over that game. I think they beat us 42 - 6.

That was a great game!! Congrats to Athens..

I promise you the Athens coach didn't want the game any more than the Eufaula coach. The Eufaula coach is Dan Klages, who was one of my roommates at Auburn. He is football through and through and has waited years to get to this point. BTW.. Dan spent several years as an assistant under Rush Probst from Hoover. Guess something stuck from that experience.

Congrats again to Athens on a great win!

My high school won the USA Today 6A HS championship a couple of times, no idea if they are still any good though.

I have quite a bit of family in Athens, that town scares me to be honest lol.

Born and raised in Athens. Way to go AHS!!!

What scares you about Athens tex? That's funny!

Congrats to Athens! I was pulling for them the whole way after they knocked Fort Payne out. Fort Payne was my hometown and had their first undefeated regular season this year. Way to go Athens! :cheer:

Born and raised in Athens. Way to go AHS!!!

What scares you about Athens tex? That's funny!

The people I run into at the Walmart when I visit lol, mainly the ones from the outskirts of Athens that frequent it.

Archived