CN$ will be welcomed to Tuscalooser

JohnDeere

TideFans.com has been asked to invite all Alabama fans who can get to Tuscaloosa in the next two hours to welcome new Alabama Head Coach Nick $aban at the Tuscaloosa Airport. For those unable to get inside the airport, you are asked to line Jack Warner Parkway and form a welcome line from Jack Warner Parkway to the University.

The plane is expected to land around 3:30pm CST.

http://www.tidefans.com/

Laughing my ass off.

Well, one good thing about this is that the crime rate should drop dramatically across central Alabama for about 2-3 hours

has the statue gone up in the "land of graven images" yet?

His speech should be classic.

"Dr. Moore what a honor to be able to stand here today....glad to be back in

the greatest conference in college football blah blah :puke:

I plan to be at the crapstone forever or until you run me off...? :puke:

Will we beat Auburn? yes

What about LSU? Who?

Whoever the guy is on ESPN Radio right now, is ripping $aban a new one.

Calling him the new Larry Brown. :roflol: Also comparing him to that one family member that you just can't trust.

Bammers, you guys need to realize that $aban is going to get trashed, but not for the coach speak, but because he mentioned UAT specificially in his coach speak. It is one thing to say you have no intentions of leaving, going nowhere, etc. It is another thing to say almost two weeks ago that you were not going to a specific place and then you do. To make it worse, you hold a press conference about the team you are currently coaching and talking about the things you are going to work on during the offseason and then an hour later be interviewing for another job.

No denying he is a decent coach and is going to be much better then what you guys had. But, the money that he is going to be making is going to just put him under a microscope even more now. Considering he just quit a nice job because he could not face the challenge after only two seasons, one has to wonder what he is going to do when the heat gets turned up at UAT.

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this email that someone's mother sent him from TTown this morning. The post is on tidefans.com.

Subject: Sabin Watch

You should be in this town right now. Everyone and their brother is camped out at the airport. People are standing out in their yards looking at the sky ( no kidding) waiting for him and Mal Moore to come. I can hear any plane that comes in - they all go over my house. What the heck is going on? He was suppposed to announce at 9:00 it's 9:30. This is interesting. Guess he is going to do it his way from the get-go, eh? I have to go to work and I don't get a radio signal there - crap! Every channel here (tv and radio) is on non stop coverage) You would have thought the President had been shot. Talk to ya later. love, Mom

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this email that someone's mother sent him from TTown this morning. The post is on tidefans.com.

You should be in this town right now. Everyone and their brother is camped out at the airport. People are standing out in their yards looking at the sky ( no kidding) waiting for him and Mal Moore to come. I can hear any plane that comes in - they all go over my house. What the heck is going on? He was suppposed to announce at 9:00 it's 9:30. This is interesting. Guess he is going to do it his way from the get-go, eh? I have to go to work and I don't get a radio signal there - crap! Every channel here (tv and radio) is on non stop coverage) You would have thought the President had been shot. Talk to ya later. love, Mom

The best part is that she misspelled $aban.

Posted by Pop12 on Tidefans.com

Anybody have the exact height/weight etc. for CNS? We need to get the mold cast for the life size bronze rendering for the empty pedistal at the Walk of Champions at Bryant-Denny.

Well, that's okay...might save a few bucks in the bronze category. Will most likely have to have one ready to put up in about 369 days from today

OMG! What rock do these people live under?

And they wonder why the national media is having a field day with this.

Having orgasms over their new coach is one of bama's most frequently celebrated traditions. Ref. Franchione, Price, Shula, etc.

YOu must not have gotten the memo. They are changing his name in hopes that none of the media outlets outside the state will know who he is anymore.

Posted by Pop12 on Tidefans.com

Anybody have the exact height/weight etc. for CNS? We need to get the mold cast for the life size bronze rendering for the empty pedistal at the Walk of Champions at Bryant-Denny.

Well, that's okay...might save a few bucks in the bronze category. Will most likely have to have one ready to put up in about 369 days from today

OMG! What rock do these people live under?

And they wonder why the national media is having a field day with this.

not surprising, that would be the Walk of Graven Images

The only homes near the airport in Tuscaloosa are housing projects.

This is laughable. God help this man when (and I stress WHEN) he starts to lose games.

Did anybody else hear that lady when Mrs. $aban was talking to Jeh Jeh Pruett? She was in tears and asked her " ARE YA'LL GONNA BEAT AUBURN?"

I'll bet that was a culture shock...........get on a plane in Miami with dollars in your eye and get off of the plane in Tuscaloosa were the people have no teeth in their mouth!

Guys, I have never been a total hater of all things UAT. I have never totally despised them as much as some of you do, even though I am old enough to have a reason to despise them that much. I had connections to the UAT baseball program back in 1994 and again in 1998-1999 that caused me to see things from non-fan level.

With that said, for the first time ever, I have a reason to totally hate the UAT football coach, which will probably cause me to really hate the team as whole because of that. I really despise $aban for what he did to my Dolphins, so while he is at UAT, you will probably start seeing me be nastier about UAT then I ever have been on this board. I still will not wish anything ill towards the players, because afterall, I have learned that the players, for the most part, are not like the bammers we have to work with or put up with as family and friends. But, where there may be a few times I may have pulled for them in the past, that day has stopped. I will be pulling against UAT every game they play, all because of how $aban screwed with my lifelong favorite NFL team. I would love for Marino to travel to Tuscaloser and just beat the heck out of $aban.

Please post pictures of the huddled masses as soon as they are available.

If you want to see pictures bad enough, go to Crimson Tusks. One or two people there are posting pics as they get them. I ordinarily wouldn't suggest you visit a bama site but I warn you....you may die laughing.

Besides one thread says we at AUnation.net are in a meltdown over them hiring $aban and suggests the bammies come over here and look. Right in the middle of this thread our own vatz does a suck up. Several of them have come over here browsing so I guess turnabout is fair play.

Another poster says there are earthquakes in other SEC towns because of people shaking in their boots. And the queen bee of their board, Bama Delta recently said we were a bunch of inbred bastards from Opelika. That is really funny because she is married to one.

Enoy a laugh at:

www.crimsontusks.com

Click on Forums, then Football. You don't have to register to browse the FB forum. Please don't post but if you must, be polite. Don't act like one of them.

Guys, I have never been a total hater of all things UAT. I have never totally despised them as much as some of you do, even though I am old enough to have a reason to despise them that much. I had connections to the UAT baseball program back in 1994 and again in 1998-1999 that caused me to see things from non-fan level.

With that said, for the first time ever, I have a reason to totally hate the UAT football coach, which will probably cause me to really hate the team as whole because of that. I really despise $aban for what he did to my Dolphins, so while he is at UAT, you will probably start seeing me be nastier about UAT then I ever have been on this board. I still will not wish anything ill towards the players, because afterall, I have learned that the players, for the most part, are not like the bammers we have to work with or put up with as family and friends. But, where there may be a few times I may have pulled for them in the past, that day has stopped. I will be pulling against UAT every game they play, all because of how $aban screwed with my lifelong favorite NFL team. I would love for Marino to travel to Tuscaloser and just beat the heck out of $aban.

:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

:wavey:

Calling him the new Larry Brown. :roflol: Also comparing him to that one family member that you just can't trust.

Bammers, you guys need to realize that $aban is going to get trashed, but not for the coach speak, but because he mentioned UAT specificially in his coach speak. It is one thing to say you have no intentions of leaving, going nowhere, etc. It is another thing to say almost two weeks ago that you were not going to a specific place and then you do. To make it worse, you hold a press conference about the team you are currently coaching and talking about the things you are going to work on during the offseason and then an hour later be interviewing for another job.

No denying he is a decent coach and is going to be much better then what you guys had. But, the money that he is going to be making is going to just put him under a microscope even more now. Considering he just quit a nice job because he could not face the challenge after only two seasons, one has to wonder what he is going to do when the heat gets turned up at UAT.

Tuberville did the same thing to Ole Miss, did he not?? Decent coach??? He has won the national championship. I am sure that you considered Tuberville more than a "decent coach". :poke:

Awww how sweet they mentioned Aunation over there at the tusk place. I wanted to see the pictures though lol. If those things go national man I know I'm going to be getting some calls from Texas tearing this state apart.

Tuberville did the same thing to Ole Miss, did he not?? Decent coach??? He has won the national championship. I am sure that you considered Tuberville more than a "decent coach". :poke:

Now you get a shot of your own medicine, yes Tubs did, and Alabama fans never let anyone forget it during the off season. So take the good with bad and if you're gonna dish then be able to take it.

Yes he won the NC, against the team that backed into the Sugar Bowl... and one that has proved over the last few years that it struggles when playing in the BCS also. Southern California should have been in that game not Oklahoma as they were the number one team in the nation.

$aban is a good coach, and congrats on the hire.

Here we go again. Did your read my post at all or was there too many words for you to read. Yes, CTT said some stuff, but he was saying the typical coach speak that they all do. He never said he was not coming to AU. He made a comment basically similar to what all coaching candidates say, "I have not intentions in living or no interest in going elsewhere". Where $aban screwed up is he specifically named a school he would not be going too...he said he was not going to be coaching at Alabama". That is why he is being ripped so hard by the national media. HE MENTIONED UAT BY NAME. Even if CTT did mention AU by name, what does that have to do with now? At least he was making a step up, not a step down from his current job. We sure the heck did not start him out with the highest paying salary in the nation without him ever coaching a game for us yet.

I love how you bammers want to keep bringing that back up to try deflect from the fact that you just hired a quitter when the going got tough and the fact that your PTBs just screwed you guys for the next 8 years. Why don't you guys bring that up again after this coming year when we give you another beat down at JHS!

Archived