Petrino was backup

TigerOne

Speaking about the search publicly for the first time, Moore said after the news conference that he "gambled" he could land $aban by waiting until the NFL season ended Sunday.

$aban, in a meeting after the news conference with reporters from Miami, said that Moore had planned to offer the job to Louisville coach Bobby Petrino had $aban not taken it.

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i...&thispage=2

Didn't we all know this already?

probably, but it's the first time Moore said it.

He's a bigger liar than $aban.

There was no offer to Spurrier and no actual offer to Rodriguez. Bobby Petrino my ass. The purpose behind him saying that is to try to get a dig in at Auburn. He's a sleazy tool.

Didn't we all know this already?

probably, but it's the first time Moore said it.

There was no offer to Spurrier and no actual offer to Rodriguez. Bobby Petrino my ass. The purpose behind him saying that is to try to get a dig in at Auburn. He's a sleazy tool.

hence the smokescreen, $aban was the first choice, RR was a forced setup, while Sexton used the rest.

But it worked to perfection, a very expensive one.

whatever

crybaby.jpg

whatever

I'm not crying at all. I'm GLAD you have $aban. He's already shown exactly the kind of integrity and character I've come to expect from the Universituh of Alabamuh.

Mal Moore is a liar. And a dumb one. It's easy to say now that he was going to "go after" Petrino. You know what, BG? If my wife hadn't agreed to marry me, I was going to "go after" Jennifer Garner. And to suggest that there was never any discussion with or offer to Spurrier (as Moore did and the complete idiot Cecil Hurt just repeated) is lunacy. And to float the idea that Rodriguez was never a target and that Moore orchestrated a clever ruse to keep attention off $aban by putting together a package he knew Rod would reject and then leaking the story to force his hand is sheer insanity. Have you ever met Mal Moore? He doesn't have the mental capacity to concoct such a scheme. He's about as dumb as they come. And he's a liar. Just like your new coach.

When you lay down with snakes you're going to get bit. Tuscaloosa is full of snakes. Enjoy.

I think throwing out some crap about Rod and Petrino that you cant validate...and dont know for sure...and then calling Mal a "sleazy tool" its showing your crybaby side.

I think throwing out some crap about Rod and Petrino that you cant validate...and dont know for sure...and then calling Mal a "sleazy tool" its showing your crybaby side.

See my reply above.

There is much conversation that the offer to Rodriguez was orchestrated in such a way that he would certainly reject it. I didn't make up this conversation, it is being told to me by Bama fan after Bama fan. And then for Hurt to go on air and pretend that there was never any real conversation between Bama and Spurrier is ridiculous.

Mal IS a sleazy tool. I can vouch for that personally.

Fire Shula...offer $aban "NO" (Lie)

Offer Spurrier...."NO" (Truth...some people actually speak it)

Desperation time...offer RR...YES....wait...NO...everyone says you suck..soooo NO

Go back get more money....offer $aban....NO (Lie)

Go back and beg for more money....honk $aban bobo and offer more...NO (Lie)

Go back and ask for more money than has ever been paid to a college coach....Mal sleeps with $aban and whispers sweet nothings in his ear, stressing what a beautiful man Nick is. Offers more money.....NO (Lie)

Sexton pulls cigar from mouth and dials Nicky's digits. "Alright, my man. We've toyed with em' long enough. Let's reel this fish in. Oh, and make sure you skip that meeting with Wayne and under no circumstances are you to talk with the Miami press. You remember how we played it in Red Stick...right? Ha, ha ha...see you on the plane"

Again, i wish people who are calling $aban a LIAR would stop LYING in saying he skipped the meeting with WH.

If you watched WH's presser youd know otherwise.

Who cares about WH's press conference. $aban wasn't at it! Every media outlet out there is calling Nick $aban a coward for leaving town without stepping up to the microphone HIMSELF. The man was paid MILLIONS of dollars, given his shot at the NFL, embraced by the city as the coach that would bring the Dolphins back to prominence, fans paid good money to go see CNS and his team and what do they get in return?

A 6-10 season, flat out LIES about leaving town and coaching Alabama and then jetting out of Miami without a word to the press or the fans he just got finished lying to. And that's okay?

Again, i wish people who are calling $aban a LIAR would stop LYING in saying he skipped the meeting with WH.

Total lack of character imo for him to tell wh, "I'll stay if you want me too". Be a freaking man about it and tell him you are leaving. Obviously, he and wh are friends and he has told him his heart isn't in it and he's homesick for the college game ( :( ) and his family doesn't like miami, blah blah blah. Tell me he didn't know the answer to that question before he asked it.

Why couldn't he just be a man about it and say he was leaving? Instead he puts it off on wh to some extent and his family. Be a man and say , "I am out of my league here and want to go back where I am comfortable. BTW, thanks for the $8 million and I'm sorry for screwing the dolphins up worse than they were when I arrived. Really wish I had the balls to tough it out here and try to make it work, but good luck and oh yeah, thanks again for the $8 million over two years."

I guess it will bring him comfort to know that he told wh he'd stay if he wanted him too. Forget that he already knew the answer to the question before he asked it.

Who cares about WH's press conference. $aban wasn't at it! Every media outlet out there is calling Nick $aban a coward for leaving town without stepping up to the microphone HIMSELF. The man was paid MILLIONS of dollars, given his shot at the NFL, embraced by the city as the coach that would bring the Dolphins back to prominence, fans paid good money to go see CNS and his team and what do they get in return?

A 6-10 season, flat out LIES about leaving town and coaching Alabama and then jetting out of Miami without a word to the press or the fans he just got finished lying to. And that's okay?

You know as good a college coach as $aban has been in the past I am finding it hard to believe he will reach the previous levels he has before at bama. The bad karma from his miami situation and the turd nation are reaching epic proportions when combined.

You know what, BG? If my wife hadn't agreed to marry me, I was going to "go after" Jennifer Garner.

Easy fella...she's my fall back girl. Affleck's just a placeholder. B)

That's the thing you're upset about -- that the good folks on this board are saying $aban is a LIAR for skipping out of the meeting with WH? Oh brother, ... ...

I'll say this: I'm glad $aban is uat's coach. It's a match made in ... er, I was going to say Heaven but that would make ME out to be a LIAR! It's a match made in a place far south of Heaven.

I'm just glad they got $aban and not Petrino.

I agree Patrino is scary all he does is win!!!!!!! Next year if bb and M bush come back louisville is going to be scary good

You know what, BG? If my wife hadn't agreed to marry me, I was going to "go after" Jennifer Garner.

Well if Jennifer turns me down, I never offered her. And then I'm going after Scarlett Johanssen, Jessica Alba, Erin Andrews, Emily Procter, Piper Perabo, Reese Witherspoon and the red-headed chick on "That's So Raven". And if they turn me down, I never offered them either. It was all rumor.

I dont think Petrino would have gone to be honest if Bama had offered

There was NEVER any intention to offer Petrino. That was floated after $aban signed and done so for the specific purpose of a subtle slam at Auburn. The people at UA who pay the bills would never, never, never have ponied up the money for a coach that was at Auburn and later courted to replace Tuberville -- and accepted before the scheme was outed.

I appreciate what Tuberville has done for Auburn and I hope he remains for as long as he is happy there. But if Auburn HAD hired Petrino if the decision to make a change had been endorsed at that time, it would have been an excellent hire.

To be perfectly honest if Auburn had been coach hunting, I would have much preferred hiring Petrino than $aban. As an Auburn fan I would have been terribly uneasy with $aban at the helm. Too much baggage, too much ego. His utter jackassity would not mesh well at Auburn. Perhaps Bama will fare better with an egomanical turd in charge.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Your words appear as flowers to my eyes, GG. Not that I always agree with you 100% of the time, but you have such a strong command of the King's English, it astounds me and convinces me that you are right.

I am the Republican Party to your Carl Rove.

Well if Jennifer turns me down, I never offered her. And then I'm going after Scarlett Johanssen, Jessica Alba, Erin Andrews, Emily Procter, Piper Perabo, Reese Witherspoon and the red-headed chick on "That's So Raven". And if they turn me down, I never offered them either. It was all rumor.

We appear to have similar taste in women. :thumbsup:

I dont think Petrino would have gone to be honest if Bama had offered

There was NEVER any intention to offer Petrino. That was floated after $aban signed and done so for the specific purpose of a subtle slam at Auburn. The people at UA who pay the bills would never, never, never have ponied up the money for a coach that was at Auburn and later courted to replace Tuberville -- and accepted before the scheme was outed.

I appreciate what Tuberville has done for Auburn and I hope he remains for as long as he is happy there. But if Auburn HAD hired Petrino if the decision to make a change had been endorsed at that time, it would have been an excellent hire.

To be perfectly honest if Auburn had been coach hunting, I would have much preferred hiring Petrino than $aban. As an Auburn fan I would have been terribly uneasy with $aban at the helm. Too much baggage, too much ego. His utter jackassity would not mesh well at Auburn. Perhaps Bama will fare better with an egomanical turd in charge.

I agree with all that.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Where does Zoey Daschenel fit into this whole equation?

Archived