Gibson

Ravad

I don't recall saying Ryans wasn't any good only that I wouldn't trade him for Auburn's linebackers. And based on his college game I still wouldn't.

Brodie sucked. He sucked in college. He sucks in the pros. His suckiness can't be measured it is so vast.

That shows how your opinions can only be taken with a grain of salt. You would say a linebacker from AU who doesn't even make it in the pros is better than an ALL AMERICAN in college and a Butkus finalist...and an NFL rookie of the year...just because he went to AU.

"Based on his college career"...are you kidding? You've only had two linebackers in the last 10 years who would be considered in the same league as Demeco.

how many iron bowls did he win?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... You've only had two linebackers in the last 10 years who would be considered in the same league as Demeco.

Takeo Spikes, Marcus Washington, Karlos Dansby & Dontarrious Thomas? By any conservative estimate, that's twice as many in the last 10 years that you think AU has produced.

I'll give you Washington, but not Thomas. Thomas had a good, not great college career. And he's been in the leage for 3 years and still has fewer tackles than does Demeco.

Still I think my point stands.

I'll give you Washington, but not Thomas. Thomas had a good, not great college career. And he's been in the leage for 3 years and still has fewer tackles than does Demeco.

Still I think my point stands.

Demeco plays for a horrible team that can't score points so he's always on the field. Professional success is as much location and situation as anything. Ryans is in a good situation for him. Had he been drafted by, say, New England or Baltimore he'd just as likely be obscure.

Brodie still sucks. You tried a diversion by trying to pin words on me that were never said, but it won't work. Brodie is not good. He never was much good. You've admitted as much youself with the honking of the Sarah Jessica bobo -- "most Alabama passing records" commentary for example -- recently.

So you think Brodie had just as much talent surrounding him as did JC or BC?

I thought ya'll said you roll 5 deep.

I don't remember Brodie throwing a pass for us this year.

No he did not trow a pass but... the year before Brodie had the same WR's as this past year PLUS Prothro with Darby (the best Darby we saw) in the backfield.

I thought that was at EVERY position.

No he did not trow a pass but... the year before Brodie had the same WR's as this past year PLUS Prothro with Darby (the best Darby we saw) in the backfield.

And he had the worst offensive line that Bama has had in my lifetime.

And he had the worst offensive line that Bama has had in my lifetime.

For the whole season? Or just the 2 games you lost? Or after the center went down?

For the whole season? Or just the 2 games you lost? Or after the center went down?

Our Oline sucked in a bunch of the games we won. See Ole Miss for example.

Was that the one where Shula ran all over the field like he just won the MNC and Lotto?

Our Oline sucked in a bunch of the games we won. See Ole Miss for example.

I wasn't aware that you guys won a "bunch" of games. Six is a half-dozen, not a bunch. And yes, your O-line was crap.

Auburn went 11-2 with Brandon Cox as the QB. What was the Criminal Tides record with Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson at QB?

We also went 6-7 with Andre Smith at LT. The 06 AU team had a better record than the 97 team. Yet, is Cox better than Damien Craig? '06 was better than '03... is Cox better than Campbell? Everything's not about the overall record. You know that, man.

AU had an awesome defense and a solid running game to cover up what Cox lacked. He's not a great, or, good for that matter, QB and I've heard your own fans hurl some pretty nasty insults at him before.

Cox was beat up from the LSU game on...and the OL was NOT very good at protecting him...yet he's still better than Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson Phillips Mellencamp!!! :poke:

:au::homer:

I wasn't aware that you guys won a "bunch" of games. Six is a half-dozen, not a bunch. And yes, your O-line was crap.

The season that we were referencing shows us with 10 wins.

The season that we were referencing shows us with 10 wins.

Hasn't it already been determined that this was an anomlay? Smoke and mirrors?

It just never ends with Galen.

When Alabama wins 10 games it's "luck and smoke and mirrors." When Auburn does it, it's "sheer determination and a never relenting comittment to victory." :roflol:

When Alabama wins 10 games it's "luck and smoke and mirrors." When Auburn does it, it's "sheer determination and a never relenting comittment to victory." :roflol:

Let me ask this....If it was not luck and smoke and mirrors why is the coach no longer there?

It just never ends with Galen.

I told you as it was happening that it was smoke and mirrors. Some of you vehemently disagreed. In fact, some of you rode the "10 wins #8 in the country" pony so hard that poor beast died. The collective you pooh-poohed any suggestions that the ten win season was a mirage as the collective you blew your sunshine trumpets up Shula's butt. You ignored everything I tried to tell you as you measured Shula for a sure-to-come statue.

So to borrow from the old bank geezer in Raising Arizona... "Well, which is it young feller? Was Shula great coach or was it smoke and mirrors. 'Cuz if it was smoke and mirrors, you've got to admit Galen's savvy but if it was a great coach, he'd likely still be there."

What Auburn does or doesn't do isn't the issue. But since you brought it up, last season AU was fortunate to win 11 games. Won two they should have lost, lost at least two they should have won. Didn't play well in several others. There were reasons for that, but as a fan I expect those reasons to be addressed. Based on his past performance I am confident Tuberville will address the issues and find some resolution.

No, I can't spell anomaly, but I certainly know one when I see one. A ten-win season by Bama over the past dozen years (and nearly as many coaches) is an anomaly. A ten-win season by Auburn over the same span is part of a trend.

You know, its funny, I was on my way to Auburn from Lake Martin after the Ole Miss game that year listening to one of the AM stations' sports talk show. They were going over stats and all, but what stuck out more than anything was the way they talked about the games.

That week, Alabama beat Ole Miss 13-10

Auburn beat Arkansas 34-17

Notice the way that was worded, simple, unbiased facts. But the way it came across the radio was to the tune of..."Alabama comes back in glorious fashion against a brutal Ole Miss team today as Auburn struggles at home with Arkansas."

Now you tell me, were ya' or weren't ya' good that year? All I remember is one Sports Illustrated cover with some phrase about ya'lls school. Was it a good season with a good coach and a good team? Or was it a fluke, as Galen's been tryin' to tell ya.

Either way, Galen, it doesn't change the premise of the thread before you derailed it. During the 10 win season, we won IN SPITE of our offensive line. Brodie did well (well enough to get drafted I might add) in SPITE of the worst offensive line I have ever seen.

And IN SPITE of that 10 win season and a contract extension I might add, that great coach still got the boot. SO..........................................???

Archived