Gibson

Ravad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's too bad. We could have used a good reciever. Oh well, we have a great class. Good luck to him, hopefully his future decision-making will be better than what he exhibited today. ;)

That's too bad. We could have used a good reciever. Oh well, we have a great class. Good luck to him, hopefully his future decision-making will be better than what he exhibited today. ;)

plus :au: did not want him anyways... ;) they just offered him to decoy :ua: into wanting him.

Huh. No, we wanted him. He would have been a nice addition. I think you are trying to confuse what UAT fans do with what Auburn fans do.

Good luck to him at UAT.

Huh. No, we wanted him. He would have been a nice addition. I think you are trying to confuse what UAT fans do with what Auburn fans do.

Good luck to him at UAT.

Give me a break. Both fans do the same thing and to think otherwise is asinine... :poke:

I bet he'll be a great route runner. Too bad he won't have anyone to get the ball to him in Tuscaloser. Unless of course, he switched to CB. I think with the returning WR corps and the additional signs (that have more than just one or two that can fit into the WR role in Borges scheme)--we are in good shape at WR. Courtney will be missed but someone will step up--I hope.

Good luck to him at UAT.

Give me a break. Both fans do the same thing and to think otherwise is asinine... :poke:

Actually Bama has the Copyright on that excuse.

I bet he'll be a great route runner. Too bad he won't have anyone to get the ball to him in Tuscaloser. Unless of course, he switched to CB. I think with the returning WR corps and the additional signs (that have more than just one or two that can fit into the WR role in Borges scheme)--we are in good shape at WR. Courtney will be missed but someone will step up--I hope.

From a fan of a school that is QB'ed by Brandon Cox...

Classic.

Auburn went 11-2 with Brandon Cox as the QB. What was the Criminal Tides record with Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson at QB?

We also went 6-7 with Andre Smith at LT. The 06 AU team had a better record than the 97 team. Yet, is Cox better than Damien Craig? '06 was better than '03... is Cox better than Campbell? Everything's not about the overall record. You know that, man.

AU had an awesome defense and a solid running game to cover up what Cox lacked. He's not a great, or, good for that matter, QB and I've heard your own fans hurl some pretty nasty insults at him before.

May Gibson have a remarkable Professional career after losing 4 straight to his in-state rival.

I can see that happening. B)

May Gibson have a remarkable Professional career after losing 4 straight to his in-state rival.

I can see that happening. B)

Auburn went 11-2 with Brandon Cox as the QB. What was the Criminal Tides record with Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson at QB?

We also went 6-7 with Andre Smith at LT. The 06 AU team had a better record than the 97 team. Yet, is Cox better than Damien Craig? '06 was better than '03... is Cox better than Campbell? Everything's not about the overall record. You know that, man.

AU had an awesome defense and a solid running game to cover up what Cox lacked. He's not a great, or, good for that matter, QB and I've heard your own fans hurl some pretty nasty insults at him before.

That has been their argument forever. To them, if you win more games, you are the better player. It has nothing to do with the other 21 guys that start for your football team.

Considering the numbers our WRs put up last year compared to theirs...I don't understand where the statement about Gibson not getting the ball came from.

From a fan of a school that is QB'ed by Brandon Cox...

Classic.

JPW was very fortunate last year. I still do not believe he is going to be the kind of QB that the Bama fans think he is. I like JPW, I really do. I think he is a great competitor and has shown a lot of heart paying for Bama. However, he does not protect the ball very well. Alabama's WR made some freaking GREAT catches early on last year that saved JP when it looked he had closed his eyes and thrown the ball up...off his back foot...falling backwards...to a covered WR. Later in the year however, those "chances" caught up with him and he turned the ball over more.

I am not even blaming the fumbles in the Auburn game on this. I think that was the lack of OL you guys had coupled with a pretty dang good DE rushing.

I will say this, and I may get killed for saying it, but if Auburn has Alabama's WR's last year, Auburn may have had a chance to play in the MNC. I firmly believe that AU didn't have any play makers n the outside and that is what hurt us ALL year, not just in the losses.

And by the way, I was overly excted that people were talking about us having a shot at Gibson. I knew it was a long shot but I wanted that kid. I think we have some good WR's coming in, but Auburn needs play makers right now on the outside. Great pick up for Bama!

JPW was very fortunate last year. I still do not believe he is going to be the kind of QB that the Bama fans think he is. I like JPW, I really do. I think he is a great competitor and has shown a lot of heart paying for Bama. However, he does not protect the ball very well. Alabama's WR made some freaking GREAT catches early on last year that saved JP when it looked he had closed his eyes and thrown the ball up...off his back foot...falling backwards...to a covered WR. Later in the year however, those "chances" caught up with him and he turned the ball over more.

I am not even blaming the fumbles in the Auburn game on this. I think that was the lack of AL you guys had coupled with a pretty dang good DE rushing.

I will say this, and I may get killed for saying it, but if Auburn has Alabama's WR's last year, Auburn may have had a chance to play in the MNC. I firmly believe that AU didn't have any play makers n the outside and that is what hurt us ALL year, not just in the losses.

I think you'll be surprised what JPW can do with a decent offensive line and a rushing attack. He may never get that sort of support, but if he does...he will show something special.

Also, for a guy's first season as a starter (and really first playing time), to hold every major single season passing record at Alabama is pretty impressive.

Does Gibson redshirt with KB and DJH coming back?

I think he does. We are pretty deep at WR with Nikita Stover, Will Oakley, and Mike McCoy.

What about Earl Alexander? does he stay at WR or possibly move to LB or safety?

What about Earl Alexander? does he stay at WR or possibly move to LB or safety?

Earl is all WR I think. But not having seen him on the field, I can't really say.

I think he plays. In SEC you really need 6 guys that can rotate. No offense but Oakley and McCoy should be the last rotation and play the least. I was very high on KB and DJH during the year last year, but even though they were banged up they dropped off at the end of the year. JMO but I believe skill positions including running back is a real issue for you guys for the next couple of years. Saban will face same question Shula did, do I use max protection and only send 2 guys on a route, or do I send out multiple guys on a route and take a chance with o-line doing the job?

I think there will be more bammers with gaping arseholes next year. If this thread is any indication, they'll be pulling so many excuses out of their arse, you could drive a truck through it.

AU fans do not bash a kid for not choosing us. That is classic bammer bullshirt. Especially if he chooses AU.

I think he plays. In SEC you really need 6 guys that can rotate. No offense but Oakley and McCoy should be the last rotation and play the least. I was very high on KB and DJH during the year last year, but even though they were banged up they dropped off at the end of the year. JMO but I believe skill positions including running back is a real issue for you guys for the next couple of years. Saban will face same question Shula did, do I use max protection and only send 2 guys on a route, or do I send out multiple guys on a route and take a chance with o-line doing the job?

You haven't even seen Mike McCoy, he should have redshirted last year...he is very good. And Will Oakley is a good WR. He's faster than Brandon Gibson and has been on a college campus for 2 years. I'd say he's got a leg up.

Auburn went 11-2 with Brandon Coc as the QB. What was the Criminal Tides record with Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson at QB?

actually JPW threw for more yards than BC last season.

total DIV-I :au: is ranked 88 in passing offense, :ua: is 49th.

JPW is ranked 28th for total passing yards at 2707 yards, and BC is ranked 53rd at 2198 yards. i think this can be attributed to us not having hardly any running game thus having more passing attempts. while our record was terrible, JPW did throw for more than BC did.

You haven't even seen Mike McCoy, he should have redshirted last year...he is very good. And Will Oakley is a good WR. He's faster than Brandon Gibson and has been on a college campus for 2 years. I'd say he's got a leg up.

Outside of the two main guys, there was not much (Stover did o.k.). My point is, that if he was that good, he would not have been a redshirt. He would have been on the field.. UA situation was much different than AU redshirting receivers or any position for that fact. I believe the AU redshirts were better than what we have on the field. I believe that TT gambled that he had enough talent at other positions.

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn went 11-2 with Brandon Coc as the QB. What was the Criminal Tides record with Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson at QB?

actually JPW threw for more yards than BC last season.

total DIV-I :au: is ranked 88 in passing offense, :ua: is 49th.

JPW is ranked 28th for total passing yards at 2707 yards, and BC is ranked 53rd at 2198 yards. i think this can be attributed to us not having hardly any running game thus having more passing attempts. while our record was terrible, JPW did throw for more than BC did.

That would be a great answer if it only had anything remotely related to the question.

Archived