Gibson

Ravad

For starters, AU!, you didn't play Arkansas at home in 2005. That game was in Fayetteville.

It wasn't a "fluke." We had a shittacular defense that saved our arse in many games. Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Arkansas, and MSU were all won by the defense. The offense never actually "won" a game -- we didn't need a great defense against the other teams we beat but that's a moot point. We just couldn't score.

Despite all of the crap that we've been through, we have been able to piece together 10 win seasons. '96, '99, '02, and '05 were all 10 win seasons. Not that they mean anything to me (outside of the 1999 title year), but just saying. . .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters, AU!, you didn't play Arkansas at home in 2005. That game was in Fayetteville.

It wasn't a "fluke." We had a shittacular defense that saved our arse in many games. Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Arkansas, and MSU were all won by the defense. The offense never actually "won" a game -- we didn't need a great defense against the other teams we beat but that's a moot point. We just couldn't score.

Despite all of the crap that we've been through, we have been able to piece together 10 win seasons. '96, '99, '02, and '05 were all 10 win seasons. Not that they mean anything to me (outside of the 1999 title year), but just saying. . .

That makes no sense, if things are going so well, why is it that you haven't had a single coach bring you 2 10 win seasons since gene stallings. Maybe things would be going better if you had held on to one of those 10 win coaches.

Interesting. Can you not recognize a pattern?

Suck for two years, fluke into winning ten games, dust off the houndstooth, scream about being back, suck for two more years, change coaches. So you're due ten in '08?

So you're due ten in '08?

I think they are due ten in 2011. Ten fingers that is.

Ten fingers of whiskey? Win, I suggest you tell Saban not to win 10 games or he will be gone.

Fear the other thumb--only 5 years away. Wouldn't that be great? I should say, "Won't that be great?" That's much more optimistic. I believe 5 more in a row may even send $aban packing but it will certainly be the most costly firing in recent UAT history.

Archived