Gibson

Ravad

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine that Gibson redshirts, but I could be wrong.

As far as the receivers at Alabama go:

D.J. Hall- Should be great this year

Keith Brown- Ditto. If he can remain healthy.

Will Oakley- Is a great possession receiver. Doesn't get a lot after the catch, but is one of the fastest on the team. If he can find more strength and elusiveness he could be extremely dangerous.

Nikita Stover- Started last season out of shape because he didn't play in 2005. He wanted three rather than two years of eligibility. As he got back up to game speed and down to game weight, he was formidable.

Mike McCoy- Don't know enough yet.

Earl Alexander- Redshirted. Should hit the rotation hard and heavy.

If those six produce, I could see Gibson redshirting. With a new HC and OC, I would say the future is wide open for every player.

Alabama redshirted 3 big O-lineman last year. I expect them to immediately make an impact. Alex Stadler is just plain mean. That will help with pass blocking and run blocking.

The running back position is deep. It just had some big injuries to young players last year. Terry Grant, Ali Sharrief, and Glenn Coffee (spelt like da drank) are all very capable. Grant excites me the most if he can stay healthy. He is very fast and elusive.

I expect Bama's offense to be more formidable in 2007. I am intrigued to see what Major Applewhite engineers. I expect the defense to be a bit more porous. Some key players gone. The switch in philosophies will take time to soak in. The key is to see if the D improves steadily throughout the season. Going from 3-3-5 and primarily a zone/read-react scheme to the 3-4/4-3 man/attack scheme will take time.

Auburn should retain a formidable defense. The only areas I see a decline on the Plains is the area of O-line and ya'll need some receivers to step up. Rodriguez and Hawthorne will tote a lot of the load, but Cox is going to need time to hit them. I wonder if ya'll will put E. Davis in the lineup or RS him. If he is the beast he is proclaimed to be, the running game is going to have to take pressure off Cox. I like BC and I think he is a gamer with a lot of heart, but he took a bit of a beating last year if the pocket broke down.

It is interesting how fans sometimes think. In 2005, many of my friends who are AU fans were hailing Borges as a genius. After last year, I have heard them bring up many faults with him. The loss of Aromashadu and Obomanu might have had a lot to do with that. (I like to call them Aromashampoo and Obarnermoo and I'm glad they play on Sundays now. ;) )

Auburn went 11-2 with Brandon Cox as the QB. What was the Criminal Tides record with Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson at QB?

We also went 6-7 with Andre Smith at LT. The 06 AU team had a better record than the 97 team. Yet, is Cox better than Damien Craig? '06 was better than '03... is Cox better than Campbell? Everything's not about the overall record. You know that, man.

AU had an awesome defense and a solid running game to cover up what Cox lacked. He's not a great, or, good for that matter, QB and I've heard your own fans hurl some pretty nasty insults at him before.

Cox would pimp slap Sarah Jessica Parker back to eighth grade at Hoover. Good lord, man, the guy's won 20 games over two seasons. He's had two bad outings in his entire career. The fact that Auburn lost both games when he struggled should tell you -- or anyone with a brain -- that Cox is a lot more than a placeholder. He's a good decision-maker, a calm presence in the huddle and one of the better leaders in the SEC. Wouldn't trade Cox for any other quarterback in the SEC last season -- no, not even the ridiculously overhyped Jamarcus.

Also, for a guy's first season as a starter (and really first playing time), to hold every major single season passing record at Alabama is pretty impressive.

That's sort of what happens when your "feature back" runs to the line of scrimmage and lays down like a tired puppy. And when -- despite "rolling five deep" -- you don't have anybody else capable of toting the mail. When that happens, you throw. A lot. And when you throw -- a lot -- you're going to complete some of them. And when you complete some of them, you're going to make yards.

That's sort of what happens when your "feature back" runs to the line of scrimmage and lays down like a tired puppy. And when -- despite "rolling five deep" -- you don't have anybody else capable of toting the mail. When that happens, you throw. A lot. And when you throw -- a lot -- you're going to complete some of them. And when you complete some of them, you're going to make yards.

I'm sorry, in all your ranting, you must have mistakened your QB with someone who DOESN'T get most of his yards from dumpoffs to TEs and RBs.

He's had two bad outings in his entire career.

And he's had a plethora of outings that weren't good.

Will Oakley- Is a great possession receiver. Doesn't get a lot after the catch, but is one of the fastest on the team. If he can find more strength and elusiveness he could be extremely dangerous.

Nikita Stover- Started last season out of shape because he didn't play in 2005. He wanted three rather than two years of eligibility. As he got back up to game speed and down to game weight, he was formidable.

If those six produce, I could see Gibson redshirting. With a new HC and OC, I would say the future is wide open for every player.

Alabama redshirted 3 big O-lineman last year. I expect them to immediately make an impact. Alex Stadler is just plain mean. That will help with pass blocking and run blocking.

The running back position is deep. It just had some big injuries to young players last year. Terry Grant, Ali Sharrief, and Glenn Coffee (spelt like da drank) are all very capable. Grant excites me the most if he can stay healthy. He is very fast and elusive.

I expect Bama's offense to be more formidable in 2007. I am intrigued to see what Major Applewhite engineers. I expect the defense to be a bit more porous. Some key players gone. The switch in philosophies will take time to soak in. The key is to see if the D improves steadily throughout the season. Going from 3-3-5 and primarily a zone/read-react scheme to the 3-4/4-3 man/attack scheme will take time.

Auburn should retain a formidable defense. The only areas I see a decline on the Plains is the area of O-line and ya'll need some receivers to step up. Rodriguez and Hawthorne will tote a lot of the load, but Cox is going to need time to hit them. I wonder if ya'll will put E. Davis in the lineup or RS him. If he is the beast he is proclaimed to be, the running game is going to have to take pressure off Cox. I like BC and I think he is a gamer with a lot of heart, but he took a bit of a beating last year if the pocket broke down.

It is interesting how fans sometimes think. In 2005, many of my friends who are AU fans were hailing Borges as a genius. After last year, I have heard them bring up many faults with him. The loss of Aromashadu and Obomanu might have had a lot to do with that. (I like to call them Aromashampoo and Obarnermoo and I'm glad they play on Sundays now. ;) )

Good observations on both teams. The protection issues for Cox can in my opinion be best solved with his getting rid of the ball faster. And a Tebow type QB in those situations could help too.

I'm sorry, in all your ranting, you must have mistakened your QB with someone who DOESN'T get most of his yards from dumpoffs to TEs and RBs.

And yet his plethora of bad outings equates into a 19-5 record as a starter, that is terrible! JPW is a good qb, but I'll take Cox over him any day of the week. Cox=wins, JPW=stats.

I'm just curious, have you ever actually watched a football game? From these comments, I have to wonder.

I wonder too Galen, but don't dar bring up Brodie and any possible bad game he ever had. That is just piling on a player after he has left the program, :bawling: .

I wonder too Galen, but don't dar bring up Brodie and any possible bad game he ever had. That is just piling on a player after he has left the program, :bawling: .

Brodie had plenty of bad games. But he didnt get the luxury of having NEAR the talent surrounding him that BC has had.

Brodie is on an NFL roster and heir apparent in KC. Will you be able to say that about BC?

Brodie had plenty of bad games. But he didnt get the luxury of having NEAR the talent surrounding him that BC has had.

Brodie is on an NFL roster and heir apparent in KC. Will you be able to say that about BC?

No I can't say that BC will be on any NFL roster, but if Brodie is all that KC has then they better shore up the defense quickly.

Did you see Herm Edward's interview at the Senior Bowl? One of the Mobile jackass reporters hemmed him up during practice week and peppered him about Brodie. Herm looked extremely uncomfortable, refused to say anything positive and tried to end the interview quickly. When the guy kept on about when Brodie would take over as starter he laughed, rubbed his hand over his head and said "he's got a long, long way to go. A long way." Then he walked off.

I bet KC picks up a quarterback in the late rounds of the draft. That will be the end of the favor to the Shula family the program did by drafting Croyle to begin with. They've done their duty, they gave Shula the illusion that he'd mentored a draftable quarterback. But since he doesn't need that sham any longer to help his recruiting I think you can file the "heir apparent" nonsense in the trash bin.

On a side note, is DJ Hall ever gonna run out of eligibility? Seriously, wasn't he Namath's go-to receiver?

On a side note, is DJ Hall ever gonna run out of eligibility? Seriously, wasn't he Namath's go-to receiver?

He's only been there 3 years.

Did you see Herm Edward's interview at the Senior Bowl? One of the Mobile jackass reporters hemmed him up during practice week and peppered him about Brodie. Herm looked extremely uncomfortable, refused to say anything positive and tried to end the interview quickly. When the guy kept on about when Brodie would take over as starter he laughed, rubbed his hand over his head and said "he's got a long, long way to go. A long way." Then he walked off.

I bet KC picks up a quarterback in the late rounds of the draft. That will be the end of the favor to the Shula family the program did by drafting Croyle to begin with. They've done their duty, they gave Shula the illusion that he'd mentored a draftable quarterback. But since he doesn't need that sham any longer to help his recruiting I think you can file the "heir apparent" nonsense in the trash bin.

That's funny considering every other time Herm has had an opportunity, he's had a lot of good things to say.

Man you must be looking out your window at black helicopters. You can't HONESTLY think that KC drafted ANYBODY to help out Mike Shula. That's about the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.

D.J. Hall and Keith Brown were 2004 signees. They are both true seniors and have not had any extra eligibility whatsoever. Had they redshirted, they would have the 2008 season left to play.

That's funny considering every other time Herm has had an opportunity, he's had a lot of good things to say.

I saw the interview live and then watched it again on the news later. Herm had an extremely pained expression and was clearly uncomfortable being asked about Croyle. He struggled to come up with anything that was PC. The best he could do was "he's got a long way to go. A long way."

Why else would KC draft the guy other than as a favor to Shula? No way in hades he's ever an NFL quarterback. Anybody could see that. So when the Chiefs draft a signal caller this year don't say I didn't warn you now.

Why else would KC draft the guy other than as a favor to Shula? No way in hades he's ever an NFL quarterback. Anybody could see that. So when the Chiefs draft a signal caller this year don't say I didn't warn you now.

Says you because you are a homer. You also said Demeco wasn't very good. I guess all the scouts that were at the senior bowl were doing Shula a favor saying Brodie performed very well, had the strongest arm there, etc.

Says you because you are a homer. You also said Demeco wasn't very good. I guess all the scouts that were at the senior bowl were doing Shula a favor saying Brodie performed very well, had the strongest arm there, etc.

Yeah, that INT he threw was just incredible, I gotta tell you, that is my favorite senior bowl memory. The whole time, the stadium was just screaming "Brodie! Brodie! Brodie!" After that INT, it was just me. Probably a bad idea, half of Alabama's O-line was sitting about 7 rows up from me.

I don't recall saying Ryans wasn't any good only that I wouldn't trade him for Auburn's linebackers. And based on his college game I still wouldn't.

Brodie sucked. He sucked in college. He sucks in the pros. His suckiness can't be measured it is so vast.

I don't recall saying Ryans wasn't any good only that I wouldn't trade him for Auburn's linebackers. And based on his college game I still wouldn't.

Brodie sucked. He sucked in college. He sucks in the pros. His suckiness can't be measured it is so vast.

That shows how your opinions can only be taken with a grain of salt. You would say a linebacker from AU who doesn't even make it in the pros is better than an ALL AMERICAN in college and a Butkus finalist...and an NFL rookie of the year...just because he went to AU.

"Based on his college career"...are you kidding? You've only had two linebackers in the last 10 years who would be considered in the same league as Demeco.

Archived