Iraq War

LegalEagle

I think it is funny when people on both sides of the isle swing away from their initial views as the political winds shift. I am tired of the spinless idiots in Washington who ignore the downfalls of post Vietman America.

As for the STATS.....here's one for ya!

In 2005 alone, over 43,000 Americans died on the roadways of the U.S.

USA Today

More than 30,000 people a year are murdered in the U.S. by guns alone. This does not count other means of murder.

CNN

Cases can be made of the deaths of American Troops in Iraq. But I see their deaths as a price that is paid for the future of our freedom, and the freedom of others in the world. The ideology of these people will be forced on us all if we do not confront them on their front door.

I think it is funny when people on both sides of the isle swing away from their initial views as the political winds shift. I am tired of the spinless idiots in Washington who ignore the downfalls of post Vietman America.

USA Today

More than 30,000 people a year are murdered in the U.S. by guns alone. This does not count other means of murder.

CNN

Cases can be made of the deaths of American Troops in Iraq. But I see their deaths as a price that is paid for the future of our freedom, and the freedom of others in the world. The ideology of these people will be forced on us all if we do not confront them on their front door.

I don't suppose you'd like to tell us how the Boondoggle in Iraq secures our freedom. Also, if you liked it so much and are so gun ho about it, I think they're looking for some soldiers now.

We'll be dealing with terrorists long after Bush is gone. Just a lot fewer of them.

To the contrary, our Iraq adventure has been one of the best recruiting tools the terrorists could have asked for. I think it has just increased the hatred of America in that part of the world and has created far more terrorists than it has killed.

The ideology of these people will be forced on us all if we do not confront them on their front door.

Just curious: Would that be the ideology of the Sunni radicals of Osama bin Laden's ilk, or the extremism of the Iranian-backed Shias? Or will we have to wait until they get through killing each other to find out who's left standing? Given that they can't even work together to drive out a common enemy from their own homeland(s), I'm not too worried about them marching into the USA any time soon.

Worse case scenario: A terrorist cell manages to explode a nuclear weapon or other WMD in one of our cities...Several million die in a terrible, barbarious act of true evil. Something unbelievably horrific, yes, but not something that will bring down this country, nor destroy our way of life, nor lead us to abandon the principles of freedom and liberty we've treasured and nurtured for over 200 years.

This nation has survived a terrible Civil War, more than one major economic depression, two World Wars and a Cold War against an enemy with thousands of WMD. I'm not overly concerned about the threat from a small group of Islamic radicals who can't even cooperate among themselves and don't even represent the majority opinion in their own countries. Most Muslims do not commit acts of terrorism, abhor the murder of innocents, and have no wish to be pariahs in the global community.

So far the surge seems to be working, for the insurgents.

r301252968.jpg

An Iraqi man holds the body of a boy after a car bomb explosion at a market in the neighbourhood known as New Baghdad, southeast of Baghdad, February 18, 2007. Two car bombs tore through a busy shopping area of a mainly Shi'ite district of Baghdad on Sunday, killing 55 people and wounding scores as militants defied a military offensive by U.S. and Iraqi troops. REUTERS/Carlos Barria (IRAQ)

http://www.uruknet.info/?p=m30743&hd=&size=1&l=e

My goodness, what have they done?

The tone and mock indignation of this post is beyond my ability to comment.

Beyond tasteless.

The tone and mock indignation of this post is beyond my ability to comment.

Beyond tasteless.

Par for the course. He made fun of the nation's greatest president in his time of physical anguish for crying out loud so what did you expect?

r301252968.jpg

An Iraqi man holds the body of a boy after a car bomb explosion at a market in the neighbourhood known as New Baghdad, southeast of Baghdad, February 18, 2007. Two car bombs tore through a busy shopping area of a mainly Shi'ite district of Baghdad on Sunday, killing 55 people and wounding scores as militants defied a military offensive by U.S. and Iraqi troops. REUTERS/Carlos Barria (IRAQ)

"As militant defied a U.S and Iraqi offensive by murdering innocent children"?????? What kind of Rueters BS nonsense is that??? BF, you are truly deranged.

I know this is a waste of broadband, but put aside your hatred of all things American and try to understand that we are not the enemy. The enemy is blowing up buses and slaughtering children while screaming Allah Akbar. The enemy flew four airliners filled with passengers into three buildings and into the ground killing 3,000 innocent people. Contrary to your irrational conspiracy theories, Bush did not do it. We went to war with the full authority of the Congress against these "jihadist" where ever they were, including Iraq.

I find your positions sophmoric and repulsive. You continue to babel and repeat every moonbat position ever offered and do not respond to logic or facts. You repeat your mindless drivel only to irritate and wear down. You do not offer solutions nor rational argument.

Why do you hate America so much?

r301252968.jpg

"As militant defied a U.S and Iraqi offensive by murdering innocent children"?????? What kind of Rueters BS nonsense is that??? BF, you are truly deranged. (while you think I am deranged, you are simply brainwashed).

I know this is a waste of broadband, but put aside your hatred of all things American and try to understand that we are not the enemy. The enemy is blowing up buses and slaughtering children while screaming Allah Akbar. The enemy flew four airliners filled with passengers into three buildings and into the ground killing 3,000 innocent people. Contrary to your irrational conspiracy theories, Bush did not do it. We went to war with the full authority of the Congress against these "jihadist" where ever they were, including Iraq.

I find your positions sophomoric (fixed that for ya) and repulsive. You continue to babel and repeat every moon bat position ever offered and do not respond to logic or facts. You repeat your mindless drivel only to irritate and wear down. You do not offer solutions nor rational argument.

Why do you hate America so much?

I don't hate the people, I hate the government and foreign policies that have led to the devastation of Arab lives. I'm not answering to God for the blood spilled over Eurasia. Regardless of what you believe these are real people who would not be dead today if Dungya had not given the go ahead to invade another sovereign nation unnecessarily. Afghanistan, well that one is still under investigation. Now, the cowboy wants to invade Iran. When will it end? When the boogie man is dead. I didn't sign up for this kind of $#@! when I was born, and neither did my wife. So, go ahead and fight yourself into oblivion, and I'll watch the national debt rise due to a credit nation, as my gold secures the invest in real money, and you go ahead and continue to fight over natural resources that belong to other people. After all, what else could I expect from a bunch of inbred immigrants from wherever? You found it necessary to steal this land fair and square, so why not steal everything else fair and square? Look at yourselves. You are too easily fooled.

The Solution

sb-2007-02-15-Pardon_My_Scooter.jpg

I'm not answering to God for the blood spilled over Eurasia

You're a ******* nut case. No one asked you to do any such thing.

And btw....we know you hate America. You're a disillusioned commie pinko scum and you cheered when the WTC fell. F-ing loser.

And btw....we know you hate America. You're a disillusioned commie pinko scum and you cheered when the WTC fell. F-ing loser.

Listen AURaptor, I lost some friends in the towers on September 11, 2001, and was saddened that day. Did you lose anyone in towers there Raptor? If not, then you have no reason to question the official story. I do. Their deaths will not go unnoticed by the politico in DC. Heads will roll.

If Cheney had not interfered, we would have never gotten hit to begin with (Cheney orchestrated the non-action on 911). So, go suck on your thumb and watch Feaux News, and we adults will catch and punish the real evildoers.

Why they hate us. They hate freedom? NOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygb5uyPZBkg

We'll be dealing with terrorists long after Bush is gone. Just a lot fewer of them.

To the contrary, our Iraq adventure has been one of the best recruiting tools the terrorists could have asked for. I think it has just increased the hatred of America in that part of the world and has created far more terrorists than it has killed.

The ideology of these people will be forced on us all if we do not confront them on their front door.

Just curious: Would that be the ideology of the Sunni radicals of Osama bin Laden's ilk, or the extremism of the Iranian-backed Shias? Or will we have to wait until they get through killing each other to find out who's left standing? Given that they can't even work together to drive out a common enemy from their own homeland(s), I'm not too worried about them marching into the USA any time soon.

Worse case scenario: A terrorist cell manages to explode a nuclear weapon or other WMD in one of our cities...Several million die in a terrible, barbarious act of true evil. Something unbelievably horrific, yes, but not something that will bring down this country, nor destroy our way of life, nor lead us to abandon the principles of freedom and liberty we've treasured and nurtured for over 200 years.

This nation has survived a terrible Civil War, more than one major economic depression, two World Wars and a Cold War against an enemy with thousands of WMD. I'm not overly concerned about the threat from a small group of Islamic radicals who can't even cooperate among themselves and don't even represent the majority opinion in their own countries. Most Muslims do not commit acts of terrorism, abhor the murder of innocents, and have no wish to be pariahs in the global community.

OK....so let's sit back, do nothing, and welcome them with open arms.

Were we sitting back, doing nothing but welcoming them with open arms in Afghanistan?

Listen AURaptor, I lost some friends in the towers on September 11, 2001, and was saddened that day. Did you lose anyone in towers there Raptor? If not, then you have no reason to question the official story. I do. Their deaths will not go unnoticed by the politico in DC. Heads will roll.

If Cheney had not interfered, we would have never gotten hit to begin with (Cheney orchestrated the non-action on 911). So, go suck on your thumb and watch Feaux News, and we adults will catch and punish the real evildoers.

Only a blind man would blame 9-11 on ONE MAN, or ONE ADMIN. This problem began back in the late 70's and it was ignored until 9-11. I will admit that, and the evidence clearly shows it.

Now we have to do something about it. And if you think that the radical movement in the Arab world loves Freedom, then you need to pass that hit around, because you are high as a kite.

One more thing........WE ALL LOST SOMEONE, and SOMETHING on 9-11. If America would act like America, instead of a bunch of political odiots, then we might get something done. But don't shoot the soldier for the mistakes of the past 30+ years. They deserve better.

Were we sitting back, doing nothing but welcoming them with open arms in Afghanistan?

No. We should have done more than what we have done over there. I am not happy with the planning of Iraq, mind you. I think the war plan SUCKED! There should have been more troops on the ground going in. I am not happy with GWB on this. I think 350,000 should have been the initial number, with a reduction of forces over a 4 year period. Instead, he has let others like Rumsfeld and Cheney push the buttons, and he has paid for it. I do, however, feel that we must try to stabilize the area more before we leave. Whatever it takes. The stakes are too high for us to cut and run. That's the way I feel about it. Plus, I do not want to see my generation have to look at another group of soldiers and tell them that their blood, sweat, and tears were for not.

Listen AURaptor, I lost some friends in the towers on September 11, 2001, and was saddened that day.

You were saddened that day ? SADDENED ??? Dude, you're describing the loss of a family pet or losing a football game. Most of us were far more than merely 'saddened', as you put it. Devistated, enraged, ........there are many words I'd use before I made to simply 'saddened'.

Did you lose anyone in towers there Raptor? If not, then you have no reason to question the official story. I do. Their deaths will not go unnoticed by the politico in DC. Heads will roll.
Almost 3000 souls were lost, and I feel all of us lost someone. These folks were neighbors, friends, sons, daughters, fathers and mothers......they were AMERICANS. And no, I've no reason to question the 'official story', I saw what happened. I lived that day, and saw the hatred for what it was. I'm sorry you feel the need to make up a fairy tale version of events of that day, I suppose it's some sort of defense mechanism you have. Avoid reality, and instead engage in some sort of alternate world.

If Cheney had not interfered, we would have never gotten hit to begin with (Cheney orchestrated the non-action on 911). So, go suck on your thumb and watch Feaux News, and we adults will catch and punish the real evildoers

. There's that double fantasy world you love so much.
Yep. That's why they hate us. Women voting and driving their own cars, gays marrying gays, MTV teaching our children that young girls are nothing but whores, sluts and bitches is the LAST thing they want poisoning the minds of their culture. Hell, dumba$$, they even say so themselves that's why they're so p.o'd at us. That, and a dozen other things they claim have merrit for such hatred. Some of it might, but nothing rises to the level by which they attacked us. Nothing. The Mid - East is lucky it's not glowing right about now.

USA Today

CNN

Please do not cite foolish, ignorant and misleading data. THERE ARE NOT 30,000 MURDERS EACH YEAR IN THE US BY GUNS ALONE. You may have gotten the very VAGUE number of gun RELATED deaths per year, but not murders. And you fail to mention the number of crimes that are deterred by the use of a legally owned firearm. I hate it when people just spit out a number without the facts. I see what you are trying to accomplish. But using skewed data supplied by the anti-gunners is not the way to do it.

Almost 3000 souls were lost, and I feel all of us lost someone. These folks were neighbors, friends, sons, daughters, fathers and mothers......they were AMERICANS. And no, I've no reason to question the 'official story',

Just to bring a point of fact into the mix:

2,529 Americans died. Far too many, but statistically significant compared to "almost 3000." I don't think this takes away from your point, I just like facts when listening to an argument.

KUTZTOWN: As a part of a five-year remembrance of the 9-11 attacks, a 2,738 flag display is being set up on the Kutztown University of Pennsylvania campus.

The 2,738 flags represent those lost in the tragedies by nationality -- 2,529 Americans; 209 from more than 40 other countries. Victims from all countries, including India, are being remembered in the flag display.

The flags are being positioned to form the figure 9-11. The top of the nine represents the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.; the bottom of the nine represents the field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, which was the crash site of Flight 93; and the 11 represents the World Trade Centre twin towers in New York City.

The 209 international flags, arranged for the design in advance, will represent the crash site of Flight 93. Photos of many of the victims have been placed near the flag arrangement, including those from India.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1979607.cms

Archived