I just about wrecked my car...

MDM4AU

I was driving yesterday listening to Dunaway and Brown on 690 and this guy calls in wanting to comment on something he saw on ESPN (or somewhere) that had UAT as "Quarterback U." He never explained how they came to this decision, but kept repeating how he thought it was "pretty true."

Did anyone hear this? Has anyone seen what this rube is talking about? He ran off a few others like Notre Dame being "Tight End U." but I don't remember all the schools he named. I was too busy trying not to roll my SUV!

UAT < Quarterback U. :roflol:

well, let's see...QBs at bama that have gone on to be successful:

starr

stabler

namath

richard todd (being generous)

walter lewis (j/k)

perhaps based on the success of the first 3, then they could've been QBU in the 60s

i think U of Miami has a claim to it in the 80s and 90s, no?

kosar

kelly

testaverde

gino (flopped in NFL, but won the heisman, right?)

i'm-sure-i-missed-someone

of late, bama has not had a notable QB have they?

barker - no

parker - no

brodie - no

i imagine the guys were just going along w/ the statement because they wanted to sound good on the radio.

I could buy over-hyped QB U for the turds. Look at the facts:

Watts - 3 heismans and 2 MNC's

Zow - heisman

Brodie - 2 heismans and 2 MNC's

6 heismans and 4 MNC's so far.

Then there is Johnny Walker Wilson. Any bammer will tell you he is 2X the QB Brodie was. Haven't heard of any heismans so far, but the MNC talk for 2007 and 2008 is already well underway.

i imagine the guys were just going along w/ the statement because they wanted to sound good on the radio.

Actually, they said they had not seen it, let the guy talk and moved on to the next caller.

Hmmm... so are they basing it off how well they go on to do in the pros, or how well they performed in college? Because if it's just college, you can go ahead and give it to Miami, and throw Ken Dorsey into the mix as well. Of late, it's hard to argue against USC. If Booty ends up having a monster senior season, they would have the claim for this decade. Also, I think going off nothing but collegiate production, our top 3 stand up fairly well against their top 3. Starr, Stabler, and Namath vs. Sullivan, Craig, and Campbell. Of course, Sullivan has something the rest of them don't.

well, let's see...QBs at bama that have gone on to be successful:

starr

stabler

namath

richard todd (being generous)

walter lewis (j/k)

Gee...what century was that again??? B)

:au::homer:

Quarterback U: The Article

Discuses how he made his decisions, then gives his top 25 quarterback schools. Where does alabama fall on this list? 23, wanna know who's 22? Arkansas :roflol:

Click the link to see who's number 1.

Q.U.

EDIT:

Here's an article this a bunch of [position] U's. However, this article also shows rivals' bias against auburn seeing as Miami is named "running back U"

I wouldn't call us QB U, but Namath, Starr, and Stabler we're pretty damn good and you know it.

The MVPs of the first 3 Super Bowls were all former Crimson Tide quarterbacks, by the way.

I wouldn't call us QB U, but Namath, Starr, and Stabler we're pretty damn good and you know it.

The MVPs of the first 3 Super Bowls were all former Crimson Tide quarterbacks, by the way.

Yes....wasn't that the same decade the Huns sacked Rome?

You being an Alabama I would expect you to know more history than you apparently do. To say Starr was anything more than a middle of the road qb at uat would be a lie. Now he went on to have a VERY good career with the packers and by all accounts is a fine human being but that is just silly to lump him in with the same college success Broadway I need a drink Joe and Kenny pass the mirror and straw Stabler had is just wrong.

Got to go back a little farther. The Huns are too recent. He's talking about the pre-fire days. It was so easy back then, a caveman could have done it -- and, in fact, did.

Got to go back a little farther. The Huns are too recent. He's talking about the pre-fire days. It was so easy back then, a caveman could have done it -- and, in fact, did.

Good grief, will you guys lay off the Cavemen? I mean, aren't they people, too? I'm married to a Cavewoman, so that means my son is half-Cave himself. You need to watch what you say, Galen. You never know who might take this stuff the wrong way....

Bama greatness is, I think, roughly from the time of the late Bronze Age....about the time that the Felonious Bahr discovered the Sauce.

Bama greatness is, I think, roughly from the time of the late Bronze Age....about the time that the Felonious Bahr discovered the Sauce.

Then wouldn't that be the Gold Age instead of the Bronze? You know like Cuervo Gold.

Then wouldn't that be the Gold Age instead of the Bronze? You know like Cuervo Gold.

I dunno, Dickel is more a bronzish color.

Archived