George Soros drops $62 million on Halliburton

drewau02

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/3776

This is the only link that I could get considering that this episode just made the news.

Apparently liberal scion George Soros has invested $62 million of his own money into Halliburton. Now, this money is worth the equivalent of 2 shares, if I'm not mistaken. Also, Soros is worth billions so 62 mil is just chump change to him. Regardless, $62 million is still a large purse to drop into a comapny that most liberals believe to be the spawn of Satan.

Remember that this is the same Halliburton whose former employee, Dick Cheney started a war in Iraq so Halliburton could get a "no bid" contract to do the reconstruction work there.

The same Halliburton who hired Cheney to "blow up" the levees in New Orleans so they could get a "no bid" contract to rebuild that city.

The same Halliburton that represents everything evil about America. :rolleyes:

This news will not play well in liberal America.

George Soros is just as much of a capital opportunist as the CEO's of the oil companies, George Bush, Dick Cheney, and most Americans. Sure, he gives a bunch of money to charities. Good for him. Then again, so do a lot of other corporate CEO's who liberal Americans hate.

He had to make back that $$ he blew on trying to get Kerry / Edwards elected, start up $$ for AirAmerica and the wasted funds for moveon. org

He's a smart man and investor, but I would not hold this stock long. However, he may take any dividends from Haliuburton's ill-gotten gains and use it against the very people he profits from. It's another no-brainer. I do it using options. If I don't like a company, I short their stock when I believe it going to benefit me and hurt them the most. I especially like the recent downturn on financials.

He's a smart man and investor, but I would not hold this stock long. However, he may take any dividends from Haliuburton's ill-gotten gains and use it against the very people he profits from. It's another no-brainer. I do it using options. If I don't like a company, I short their stock when I believe it going to benefit me and hurt them the most. I especially like the recent downturn on financials.

You haven't the foggiest clue what you're talking about, do you?

George Soros is primarily a currency speculator. He doesn't give a flying crap about a less than 1% dividend. I'm sure you're doing huge damage to all these evil corporations with your "options". Buy a dictionary, please. Better yet, keep buying "options" to "hurt them most". I'll pay your bills when you are old and broke. Sheesh.

Soros smells something big with Halliburton's move to the ME. Is Iraq about to receive funds from the IMF?

He's a smart man and investor, but I would not hold this stock long. However, he may take any dividends from Haliburton's ill-gotten gains and use it against the very people he profits from. It's another no-brainer. I do it using options. If I don't like a company, I short their stock when I believe it going to benefit me and hurt them the most. I especially like the recent downturn on financials.

Soros smells something big with Halliburton's move to the ME.

Yea, no US taxes. They have liberal tax policies in UAE, thus a higher dividend. I know it's not just the dividends, it's more the stock value, price and writing cover calls. That's how I got through the late 90's and into 2000-01.

I may not damage companies much, but many of us together can.

Here look at what happened to New Century Financial, and imagine if you knew beforehand about the crash. Wouldn't you take advantage?

George Soros is primarily a currency speculator. He doesn't give a flying crap about a less than 1% dividend. I'm sure you're doing huge damage to all these evil corporations with your "options". Buy a dictionary, please. Better yet, keep buying "options" to "hurt them most". I'll pay your bills when you are old and broke. Sheesh.

Soros smells something big with Halliburton's move to the ME. Is Iraq about to receive funds from the IMF?

Jason, don't waste your time debating with him. BF has held every job from janitor to CEO of a Fortune 500 company and knows everything about everything. You can start a thread on how to make a decent pizza and he will come up with a link about obesity in America then add that he owned a pizza chain until he found out that the sale of pepperoni financed terrorists and now he only eats tofu pizzas that are dolphin friendly.

Jason, don't waste your time debating with him. BF has held every job from janitor to CEO of a Fortune 500 company and knows everything about everything. You can start a thread on how to make a decent pizza and he will come up with a link about obesity in America then add that he owned a pizza chain until he found out that the sale of pepperoni financed terrorists and now he only eats tofu pizzas that are dolphin friendly.

I'm just hoping for a hot stock tip from a financial guru....

Gawd, your full of ____. I'm a wireman, what are you?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j54EgxUtT-I

A wireman? You need to quit that so you can spend more time giving investment advice about "options" and shorting stocks. Just think of the books you could write:

1. 1,001 ways to hammer evil-multinational corporations through masterful stock manipulations

2. Options trading for the option-less

3. Shorting stocks for dummies

4. How to lose your shirt but still feel good about yourself

5. Let's Play Financial Advisor

6. How to squander your kids' inheritance and look cool doing it

A wireman? You need to quit that so you can spend more time giving investment advice about "options" and shorting stocks. Just think of the books you could write:

1. 1,001 ways to hammer evil-multinational corporations through masterful stock manipulations

It doesn't take genius to follow advice. I have sources.

I like what I do with Allen-Bradley Systems and instrumentation that usually involves calibration of Rosemount working in the DCS. I like being a tech, then turn around and help someone who can't afford a wireman. It's rewarding and never boring. Working with Electrical Engineers is the funniest part. Especially, if they graduated from Auburn.

I like what I do with Allen-Bradley Systems and instrumentation that usually involves calibration of Rosemount working in the DCS. I like being a tech, then turn around and help someone who can't afford a wireman. It's rewarding and never boring. Working with Electrical Engineers is the funniest part. Especially, if they graduated from Auburn.

"I've got people." Ummm, okay. A simple "You're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about" would've done nicely. But no, we've got sources....

"I've got people." Ummm, okay. A simple "You're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about" would've done nicely. But no, we've got sources....

Sorry 'bout that. I have resources.

So, what do you do for a living?

Crickets...

Archived