Phillies Series

Aubie16

Tim Hudson looks good early. We really really really need him to turn it around this year.

a 1-2 of Smoltz and an effective Hudson would be huge. Especially with our bullpen.

A bonus would be a healthy Hampton and a more Glavine-esque Chuck James. :cheers:

Well I didn't want to post it because I was afraid I would jinx him...

but Tim Hudson had a no hitter going through 4 2/3's. It ended with a homerun to left field. He got the next guy out

1-0 Phillies after 5. IF anybody loves pitching duels, flip it over to FSN. It's been a good one so far. This Hamels kid has some serious stuff.

So they only guy that has done any damage for Philly is 1-3 with two strikouts looking.

At least Hamels is out of the game now...and i assume we are about to pinch hit for hudson as he is due up first this next inning.

BG, Wryn, etc... I guess i'm the only one on the board tonight?

2 run homer McCann!!

Francoeur singled and then McCann knocked it out to right field. Heading to the bottom of the 10th now...

Was only a 2 run game thanks to Francoeur throwing out Ryan Howard from right field.

Chipper just scared the heck out of Wickman by walking up behand him on the mound. Just wanted to clean his cleats on that thing.

Funniest thing i've seen in a while!

2 up 2 down so far int he bottom of the 11th...one more out and we get the win.

That was amazing.

My Notes:

Every run the Braves have scored so far this year is on home runs.

Why we don't bat McCann 5th and Frenchy 6th is a mystery to me.

I would like to see less games where we use Soriano, Gonzalez, and Wickman in the same game. They'll wear out by August at this pace.

The Mets just swept the Cards, winning the finale 10-0. If the Braves get a win tomorrow, I'll see a pretty good game at the home opener Friday.

And, as one blog says..

If the Braves win tomorrow (James versus Adam Eaton, afternoon game) the fans will probably burn down the stadium with Charlie Manuel and Pat Burrell inside it.

That was amazing.

My Notes:

Every run the Braves have scored so far this year is on home runs.

Why we don't bat McCann 5th and Frenchy 6th is a mystery to me.

I would like to see less games where we use Soriano, Gonzalez, and Wickman in the same game. They'll wear out by August at this pace.

The Mets just swept the Cards, winning the finale 10-0. If the Braves get a win tomorrow, I'll see a pretty good game at the home opener Friday.

Umm.... its the second game. You sure like to pass judgement as early as possible don't you?!

McCann does bat 5th when we are facing right handed pitchers, but Frenchie does when we are playing lefties. Francouer hits lefties a little better.

Archived