You guys need a Wonderlic class

BamaGrad03

2 years running an AU guy gets the lowest score.

T-1. David Irons, CB, Auburn (4)

...A freaking 4? Really? You know a 10 is considered illiterate.

C'mon, man. A 4 is a 4. He went to college (supposedly) for 6 years and still made a 4? :no:

And every Bama player has done well on the Wonderlic.

No, they haven't. I even pointed that out about Freddie Roach in my last post. However, I think it looks bad if the same University that is taking heat for their SACS stuff and the Sociology stuff (even if its unfounded)...has the back to back lowest Wonderlic scores in two consecutive NFL drafts.

Auburn needs to do something to better prepare these kids for this test. Either they aren't stressing to them how important it actually is in terms of their draft status, or these kids just dont care.

Or worse, this is the best they could do. And if that is the case, these kids have NO BUSINESS getting a degree from any University. We aren't talking about a bad score. We are talking about a score that most 6th graders could achieve.

First, let me address your SACS-Sociology rant.

SACS was never about academics. Our academics are consistently ranked pretty high for public institutions. SACS was all about micromanaging (hardly relevent for Wonderlich scores).

We all know the Sociology stuff was bull, and I appreciate you noting that.

Now, on to my rebuttal.

David Irons has a learning disability.

August 22, 2006

Obstacles on road to Auburn

David, who's a year older than Kenny, committed to Auburn as a high school junior, signed in 2001 but failed twice to qualify academically — he was diagnosed with a learning disability while in grade school. He played two seasons at Butler Community College in Kansas. His first year he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during preseason practice.

During his first year at Auburn in 2004, he tore the same ligament during preseason practice. Finally healthy for 2005, David started 11 games. He will play his final season after successfully petitioning the NCAA for a sixth year of eligibility. He graduated this month with a degree in sociology and is taking classes for a second degree.

"I compare him a lot to Carlos Rogers (a first-round NFL pick in 2005)," Tuberville says of his 5-11, 180-pound cornerback. "Carlos didn't have the quickness that David's got, though. David's a pretty big defensive back. He's not one of those 5-7, 5-8 guys, but he can do some of the things the smaller guys can do. The sky is the limit for him if he can hold up physically, which he can. The doctors tell us his knees are stronger than they were in junior high."

August 16, 2006

David Sr. admitted that the scouts had questions about his son’s surgically repaired knee.

The knee injury is not even the most serious adversity David Jr. has faced. As a week-old infant, his father said, David Jr. had an allergic reaction that put him in intensive care for three days at a hospital in Camden, N.J.

The family is certain the trauma contributed to David Jr.’s learning disability, a diagnosis that was made when he was in second grade. By the time he was 12, when the family moved to Dacula, Ga., from Camden, he had been through years of ridicule.

David Jr. received a bachelor’s degree in sociology last Monday, after Auburn’s summer session. A professor in the university’s sociology department recently charged that Auburn football players routinely took courses in sociology and adult education because they were guaranteed an A. Auburn announced last week that two heads of departments had resigned after an inquiry into easy courses. David said that Auburn academic advisers had not steered him toward the sociology department, where he focused on social work.

“I wanted that major so I could learn social work and how to help kids like me,” he said. “I earned this. I always wondered what people thought of me when they would walk by the classroom with just a few of us kids in it. I know they were saying, ‘There is the team’s star player, but he’s just a dumb football player.’ ”

Because of his condition, he is allowed extra time on tests, etc. I don't know if he was granted that opportunity on the Wonderlich.

Go ahead and make fun of him BG. You're just one of many. Congratulations. You can pick on a guy with a learning disability. You're a big man.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He actually does have a learning disability, guys. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content....&CID=583126

And yes, I am going to use that as an excuse. I can't vouch for Junior Rosegreen, though I actually did meet him once, and while he didn't strike me as a Rhodes Scholar, I was certainly surprised to see him score as low as he did.

Well how about this little tid bit of info. Auburn as a whole scores higher than Bama.

link

Yeah, and if all of AU's guys were scoring 18.5s (compared to our 18.2) this wouldn't be a problem.

But when a guy scores a 4 and gets a degree from your university...it SHOULD raise a red flag. When it happens 2 years in a row...it doesn't look good.

I'm not dogging the academic standards of Auburn. It's a great state institution and I'm proud of where they rank overall academically. But they NEED to do something to better prepare these kids on the lower end of the scale when it comes to this wonderlic test.

You're not dogging us huh jackass? Why did you post this in the first place. Here's an IQ question for you. Auburn plays Bama 5 years in a row. If Auburn wins 100% of the time, how many games out of 5 did Auburn win?

Actually, I bet you're smart enough to get that one right. You did graduate from UAT after all. Right?

The two years in a row thing is fishy, too. I'm not buying this. Bogus.

Well the scores are on ESPN insider per Todd McShay. If you have insider you can see them plain as day.

And you are right it wasn't 2 years in a row. It was 2 out of 3 years. In 2005 Junior Rosegreen scored an embarassing 2 on his wonderlic. One of the lowest in the history of the NFL draft.

haha. I see Junior at the SAC all the time. He doesnt seem like a dumb guy if you spend some time around him. Maybe he did it just to be funny or something.

I'm pretty sure Junior wasn't the brightest. I had a class with a couple football players a couple years ago, and they were joking on Rosegreen's intelligence...or lack thereof.

Geez! Makes ya' wonder how he was smart enough to be in position to intercept the pass that sealed Bammer's fate in Iron Bowl '06. :cheer:

Geez! Makes ya' wonder how he was smart enough to be in position to intercept the pass that sealed Bammer's fate in Iron Bowl '06. :cheer:

ib31.jpgib10.jpg

Based on those pics, he at least knows how to count to 5. However, his bottle dodging skills could be better. Thanks to the Bammer Homecoming Queen for reminding him of that...

Well the scores are on ESPN insider per Todd McShay. If you have insider you can see them plain as day.

And you are right it wasn't 2 years in a row. It was 2 out of 3 years. In 2005 Junior Rosegreen scored an embarassing 2 on his wonderlic. One of the lowest in the history of the NFL draft.

i mean how could you forget freddie roach being tied with a few others for the worst score last year :rolleyes:

Touche'. :cheer:

Todd McShay is a Bammer.

I heard BG is a Bammer too. Anyone else get the feeling he's a little too fixated on UAT?

Is it just me?

He's fixated on you? Uh Oh...

I am always weirded out by some people's scores on the Wonderlic.

David Greene was maybe one of the smartest football players and/or book-smart players on UGA's campus yet only scored a 19 on the Wonderlic. Caught many UGA fans by surprise.

Chris Leak got an 8 on the Wonderlic...didnt everyone think he was a very intelligent football player?

And we all know how Vince Young's bad Wonderlic hurt him in the NFL last year

But with that said...I really hope Irons blew the test on purpose because a 4 is really....I mean....really? How do you only get a 4?

Either he blew it on purpose, the score given to reporters is wrong, or David Irons really is off the deep end.

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, these guys are blowing this thing off? I mean, has any NFL team ever said, "Well gee, I know he won 4 Heisman trophies, runs a 4.1 in the 40, bench presses baby elephants for 57 reps, rushed for 800 Gazillion yards in college and dated the entire cheerleading squad, BUT.......

He only scored a 5 on the Wonderdick test.

You know, we'd better not take the chance on this guy."

Please people. If Bill greets Sally and Sally has sex with Ben, did Bill then have sex with Ben?

Quick...5 seconds....AAAAANNNNNNKK...No I'm sorry Junior. That's wrong. Bill definitely had sex with Ben. Apparently, you don't have what it takes to cover wide receivers in the NFL. But thanks for playing. Bye bye now.

Our next contestant is a left tackle from Iowa. Please welcome......

1. Stanford 28.8 21 85%

2. Purdue 25.3 21 63%

3. BYU 25.2 29 19%

3. California 25.2 22 48%

5. UCLA 24.0 21 55%

6. Oregon 23.5 22 68%

7. Wisconsin 23.2 29 56%

8. Iowa 23.0 33 58%

9. Oregon State 22.8 21 44%

10. Nebraska 22.6 34 63%

11. Notre Dame 22.5 36 77%

12. Boston College 22.0 22 78%

13. Colorado 21.8 29 43%

14. Michigan 21.7 36 57%

15. Virginia 21.5 24 75%

16. Texas A&M 21.0 31 50%

17. Florida 20.8 44 42%

17. Ohio State 20.8 43 52%

19. Penn State 20.7 26 74%

19. Va. Tech 20.7 29 58%

21. Southern Cal 20.3 30 58%

21. W. Virginia 20.3 25 46%

23. Arizona St. 20.2 30 44%

24. Kansas State 19.8 34 61%

24. Georgia 19.8 39 53%

26. Texas 19.7 28 34%

27. N.C. State 19.6 21 42%

28. Florida St. 19.4 47 49%

29. Oklahoma 19.0 34 40%

30. North Carolina 18.9 24 53%

31. Arkansas 18.6 27 35%

32. Auburn 18.5 28 48%

32. LSU 18.5 31 42%

34. Clemson 18.3 21 51%

35. Alabama 18.2 28 49%

36. S. Carolina 17.9 21 54%

37. Tennessee 17.7 46 38%

38. Michigan St. 16.6 28 41%

39. Miami (Fla.) 16.3 40 57%

By that record we are tied for Fourth in the SEC AND ahead of UAT. Guess those superior rankings in the USN&WR for the last 25 years were correct huh?

Has anyone ever stopped to consider that maybe, just maybe, these guys are blowing this thing off? I mean, has any NFL team ever said, "Well gee, I know he won 4 Heisman trophies, runs a 4.1 in the 40, bench presses baby elephants for 57 reps, rushed for 800 Gazillion yards in college and dated the entire cheerleading squad, BUT.......

He only scored a 5 on the Wonderdick test.

You know, we'd better not take the chance on this guy."

Please people. If Bill greets Sally and Sally has sex with Ben, did Bill then have sex with Ben?

Quick...5 seconds....AAAAANNNNNNKK...No I'm sorry Junior. That's wrong. Bill definitely had sex with Ben. Apparently, you don't have what it takes to cover wide receivers in the NFL. But thanks for playing. Bye bye now.

Our next contestant is a left tackle from Iowa. Please welcome......

Totally agree...... Last year Rich Eisen asked Deion what his wonderlic score was and his answer was 4.2......

Anybody that wants to talk smack about somebody's Wonderlic test score or any other test scores for that matter has some serious self-esteem issues.

Do I care what others in my class make on their tests? Hell no. Why would I? I only care about what I make. If I do good, then great. I don't care to know if I did better then others on a particular test. I have nothing to prove to my self by doing that.

If I did bad on a test, again, I don't care what others made, because my bad test score is all on me.

So, again, if it makes you feel better about yourself or more of man to mock others and try to make yourself sound smarter then others, then knock yourself out. I'll be back here rolling my eyes at you and actually feeling pity for you that your life is not fulfilling enough for you.

Anybody that wants to talk smack about somebody's Wonderlic test score or any other test scores for that matter has some serious self-esteem issues.

Do I care what others in my class make on their tests? Hell no. Why would I? I only care about what I make. If I do good, then great. I don't care to know if I did better then others on a particular test. I have nothing to prove to my self by doing that.

If I did bad on a test, again, I don't care what others made, because my bad test score is all on me.

So, again, if it makes you feel better about yourself or more of man to mock others and try to make yourself sound smarter then others, then knock yourself it. I'll be back here rolling my eyes at you and actually feeling pity for you that your life is not fulfilling enough for you.

This is the same idea I was meaning in my post. I agree 100%.

So, again, if it makes you feel better about yourself or more of man to mock others and try to make yourself sound smarter then others, then knock yourself it. I'll be back here rolling my eyes at you and actually feeling pity for you that your life is not fulfilling enough for you.

Whatever. It's news and HUNDREDS of news outlets carried the story last year when VY made a 2. So are you telling me that every sportswriter on the planet has an unfulfilling life? What about everyone in this thread?

Sounds like you are getting a little holier than thou in your attitude. No one i here is mocking David Irons. And the initial premise of the thread was to discuss how it reflects on the UNIVERSITY where all these kids are coming from.

Sounds like you need to get over yourself.

Whatever. It's news and HUNDREDS of news outlets carried the story last year when VY made a 2. So are you telling me that every sportswriter on the planet has an unfulfilling life? What about everyone in this thread?

Sounds like you are getting a little holier than thou in your attitude. No one i here is mocking David Irons. And the initial premise of the thread was to discuss how it reflects on the UNIVERSITY where all these kids are coming from.

You have totally won this one BamaGrad, I have to completely agree with you now. All individuals that have an undergraduate sociology degree from Auburn are not very smart. A lot of football players that have the talent/ability to be drafted into the NFL are not the sharpest knives in the drawer for whatever reason or they just don't care to put forth any effort on a basically meaningless standardized test.

Whats your freaking point?

BTW..I did the sample wonderlick test..I scored a 5

Ohhhh....BG is talking tough. :rolleyes:

Seriously, you need to chill and quit getting your panties all in a wad just because somebody points out how a little common sense that might contradict something you posted. How am I being "holier then thou" when I am actually trying to point out that certain people seem to be very judgemental about people they don't know based on some test score? Yet you accuse me of being "holier then thou" and tell me I need to get over myself. Thank you for proving my point BG.

Let me tell you something, I hold my tongue a lot when it comes to you and I don't get into some playground pissing contest like you and ProudTiger would get into. But if you want to start down that road with me and act like a total assclown, we can do that bro.

I did not know your manhood was that easily insulted.

Ohhhh....BG is talking tough.

Seriously, you need to chill and quit getting your panties all in a wad just because somebody points out how a little common sense that might contradict something you posted. How am I being "holier then thou" when I am actually trying to point out that certain people seem to be very judgemental about people they don't know based on some test score? Yet you accuse me of being "holier then thou" and tell me I need to get over myself. Thank you for proving my point BG.

Let me tell you something, I hold my tongue a lot when it comes to you and I don't get into some playground pissing contest like you and ProudTiger would get into. But if you want to start down that road with me and act like a total assclown, we can do that bro.

I did not know your manhood was that easily insulted.

Way to COMPLETELY ignore everything I posted.

And believe me, I'm not concerned with how you "act" in regards to my posts. I'm adult enough to realize its a message board. You hold your toungue? REALLY? Thanks bub. I'm happy you didn't get all parental on me and put me in my place.

Bottom line, I made a statement about how these test scores reflect on a university. You used that as an opportunity to tell me that I live a sad life. Which, to me, is a pretty huge leap. Seems that you are the one who's panties need to be de-wadded.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Just because Sela Ward went to the U of A doesn't make all your co-eds beauty queens.

Not all former Alabama QBs are alcoholics, recovering (Joe Willie) or otherwise (The Snake).

Not all former backup linebackers from your school are convicted of spreading a deadly disease amongst many women.

Just because David Irons less than achieved on an NFL test of questionable value doesn't make our school's academic reputation suffer, unless you count in the eyes of those of your faith.

How did your trip go? Or is that next week?

If AU "needs a wonderlic class".......uat needs an "I had a loaded gun ...and drugs.....and an underage girl...in my car" "class" ! ! ! (Not to mention the ice cream that followed.......)

No charge bg...No charge..... B)

If AU "needs a wonderlic class".......uat needs an "I had a loaded gun ...and drugs.....and an underage girl...in my car" "class" ! ! ! (Not to mention the ice cream that followed.......)

First of all, good to see you around. Hadn't heard from you in a while. Secondly, this is the woodshed. If you are going to talk trash, you need to bring it better than this ;)

Just because David Irons less than achieved on an NFL test of questionable value doesn't make our school's academic reputation suffer, unless you count in the eyes of those of your faith.

One bad test score will not burn a good rep. No. But you get a few more 2s and 4s...it may start to look bad.

Trip was this week, and it was great.

Archived