Saban hasn't signed contract yet.

WAR-MATT

BG or Win - I heard their still working out some of the particulars in the contract, mainly appearences and speaking engagements. He wants what they have proposed to be at least cut in half......

to my knowledge he hasn't been seen in public yet wearing uat attire. Don't blame him though, who would want to wear that ugly red. besides, their paying him to lose football games not set the fashion standard. They have the painted fans with their toilet paper and detergent on a stick for that...

actually at pretty much all the press conferences after the practices and scrimmages he's been wearing bama attire. but you wouldn't know since according to yall cns has never done a press conference or interview.

Yea, nobody here really believes Nick Saban would actually indicate one thing and then do another. I mean come on. It's not like he's got a track record or anything like that. Look, there are millions on the line here with Bama. What he lied about and then turned his back on in Miami was what....$100K....$200K/year???

So, of course he's not playing the Bama faithful the way he did in LSU and then Miami. Just because he hasn't signed a contract...that means nothing. Right? The man's been busy, what with recruiting and spring practice and blowing off the media and all. Hey, he's probably working up the whole contract himself without the help of an agent or lawyers or anyone. That takes time people. And he's been busy. You know, with spring paractice, recruiting and such. The deal is only for 850 Gazillion per year so what's the rush? It can wait. He'll get around to it.

I'm sure he will.

So you are going on record saying that he's going to leave a multi million dollar deal at Miami...work half a year at Alabama...and quit this summer, only to not get paid a dime?

No, no, no. Like I said, the guy's been busy. I feel certain he's going to get around to it. He's not the type of guy to say one thing and then do another.

I'm just sayin'.

We're just messin' with ya'. I'm sure he'll find time in the next few weeks.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I thought you were a Red Sox, not a Yankees fan.

Man, that was weak. Care to take another stab? At least word it better.

I am off my game today.

I wanted to make some relation to the fact that I consider the Yankees a crappy team.

After re-reading it, you are correct, it was weak.

I need a Red Bull.

I am off my game today.

I wanted to make some relation to the fact that I consider the Yankees a crappy team.

After re-reading it, you are correct, it was weak.

I need a Red Bull.

Tis OK. I knew exactly where you were headed. I was just concerned for those who may not have gotten it immediately. Can't have your storied reputation of being a top notch wise ass get tarnished. :)

I'm beginning to think Nicholas has only 1 suit to his name. WTH, can't the poor man afford any clothes? Maybe the turds should take up a collection for him and buy him another suit.

Nick at January presser

sabanJan07number2.jpg

Nick with Sarah Jessica Parker in January (Nick sure is a short little feller!)

sabanJan07.jpg

Nick at A-Day April

sabanadayapr07.jpg

Come on Nick, spend a penny and buy another suit.

The current donation level at uat is $0.41 per capita. It's gonna take a whole lot of donations to get him into a new suit. Just saying ...

....and rich rodriguez still hasn't signed his new WVU contract from when we offered him, and thats from last year. so, whats your point?

Two words: free milk. :poke:

I'm beginning to think Nicholas has only 1 suit to his name. WTH, can't the poor man afford any clothes? Maybe the turds should take up a collection for him and buy him another suit.

Nick at January presser

sabanJan07number2.jpg

Nick with Sarah Jessica Parker in January (Nick sure is a short little feller!)

sabanJan07.jpg

Nick at A-Day April

sabanadayapr07.jpg

Come on Nick, spend a penny and buy another suit.

He just hasn't unpacked any of the others yet.

He should at least buy a different tie. That one has been worn so much it's fading. Can't really put all the blame on Nick though. Given his tiny stature, he's made us all aware of the limited suit line produced by Buster Brown.

Ray Mellick's take:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/rm....xml&coll=2

Some uneasy that Saban hasn't signed

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The record-setting spring game crowd that filled Bryant-Denny Stadium to capacity Saturday served as a visible display of how much hope the Bama nation is placing in head coach Nick Saban.

So it's understandable that some of those fans are concerned that, nearly four months after accepting the job, Saban still hasn't signed a contract with the University of Alabama.

It's not the first time unsigned contracts have been at issue at Alabama.

Sometimes it has worked in the school's favor, such as in 2003 when Mike Price had not signed his contract despite being on the job for four months, making it easier for Alabama to decide to fire Price before coaching his first game.

Other times, it has worked against the school. Dennis Franchione was offered what is believed to have been a 10-year guaranteed contract that he never signed, allowing him to leave for Texas A&M. Some people blame the Alabama administration for not getting that deal done, while others suggest Franchione never intended to sign because he wanted to go to A&M.

However, a number of coaches' agents say the fact that Saban has not signed a contract yet is not a cause for concern.

"What it gets down to is, once you have the principle terms nailed down - salary, perks, assistant coaches' salaries - the coach accepts the position based on that," said Birmingham attorney Russ Campbell, who represents college and NFL coaches, including the Atlanta Falcons' Bob Petrino.

"Once that happens, sometimes a coach signs a letter of intent, sometimes it's just a handshake. But the coach's camp gets comfortable. They say, `We've got our agreement.' The rest of it is really items put in place to protect the university."

Given Alabama's recent history not only with coaches but also with NCAA infractions, the school's contracts tend to be lengthy and perhaps over-protective of the school. :lol:

"Alabama's contracts build in additional protections from a legal perspective," said Campbell, who worked with Miami-based agent Mark Rodgers in representing former Tide coach Mike Shula. "There are additional promises that a coach makes to comply with the rules that you don't usually see in other contracts, that some would argue are unnecessary because the NCAA rules are already in place to cover much of that.

"(But) all institutions tend to be reactionary, and Alabama's contracts tend to reflect that. Alabama does have one of the more complicated contracts I've dealt with. And then the coach's agents have to go through it and research clauses from other institutional contracts to see how it compares. Then, if there are no changes, ultimately the contract has to go through a committee and the committee has to understand the contract as well. So it just takes time."

Contracts can range from Shula's 38-page pact to Florida head coach Urban Meyer's 12-page contract.

Geez...if Bama's trying to write in protection against every embarrassing or boneheaded thing that's happened at the Crapstone over the last decade, it could take six months just to read the thing!

He should at least buy a different tie. That one has been worn so much it's fading. Can't really put all the blame on Nick though. Given his tiny stature, he's made us all aware of the limited suit line produced by Buster Brown.

TIS, i'm wondering if the public will ever see lying saban in uat attire. I'm guessing the day he runs for a better program in 3 years, he'll still be wearing the same suit and will have not once been seen in anything uat.... thoughts?

I don't wear team gear in public. Guess I'm a crappy fan.

No, you're just embarrassed.

Its probably lawyers hashing it out with one another. If uat's business end is anything like Auburn's, it probably takes a little while to get the wording exactly right so both parties are pleased.

TIS, i'm wondering if the public will ever see lying saban in uat attire. I'm guessing the day he runs for a better program in 3 years, he'll still be wearing the same suit and will have not once been seen in anything uat.... thoughts?

Saban's in UA gear all the time.

I'm not, though. I own one Bama shirt that actually fits me. I have no reason to buy more. It's not because I don't love my school, it's because I just don't like wearing team gear. I wear the elephant shirts from the Locker Room to the games or red/white polos. I just don't dig team gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Saban will sign his contract.

But here is my question....what type of out-clause does it have?

I find it very hard to believe that he will sign a contract that FORCES him to stay at Bama for 5+ years.

Saban will sign his contract.

But here is my question....what type of out-clause does it have?

I find it very hard to believe that he will sign a contract that FORCES him to stay at Bama for 5+ years.

I agree 100%. I've thought the same thing since this first hit the media. I wouldn't worry about it right now, but if he hasn't signed by August...

Archived