Ut to kick off Sat night football

kickerman97

Tennessee at California will kick off the new season of ESPN on ABC's "Saturday Night Football Presented by Southwest Airlines" on Sept. 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2855277

:puke:

• USC, last year's Rose Bowl winner and a consensus pre-season National Championship contender, will be televised five times: at Nebraska (Sept. 15), Washington State (Sept. 22), at Washington (Sept. 29), Oregon State (Nov. 3) and at California (Nov. 10).

Tennessee at California will kick off the new season of ESPN on ABC's "Saturday Night Football Presented by Southwest Airlines" on Sept. 1.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2855277

• USC, last year's Rose Bowl winner and a consensus pre-season National Championship contender, will be televised five times: at Nebraska (Sept. 15), Washington State (Sept. 22), at Washington (Sept. 29), Oregon State (Nov. 3) and at California (Nov. 10).

I HATE ESPN :angry: I HATE USC :angry: I HATE THE ENTIRE BIG 11, SORRY I MEANT 10 :angry: AND I WILL HATE BAMA UNTIL THE DAY I DIE. :angry:

I don't know If you guys knew this, but USC and ESPN have regular sexual relations.

I don't know If you guys knew this, but USC and ESPN have regular sexual relations.

God, what ugly kids they would have.

Let's go Golden Bears.

I know you guys hate UT, but lets win another for the SEC

And I guess the USC-ND game must be in South Bend this year.

Why doesn't CBS do night games? I think they did one last year, but they could bank on some of the SEC games in Primetime.

Let's go Golden Bears.

I know you guys hate UT, but lets win another for the SEC

And I guess the USC-ND game must be in South Bend this year.

Why doesn't CBS do night games? I think they did one last year, but they could bank on some of the SEC games in Primetime.

They do every once in a while, and it is always UF/UT. I wish they would wake up and jump at the chance of showing Auburn vs LSU in BR at night.

I am not sure who I am rooting for yet.

I would like UT to be as highly ranked as possible when UGA goes 4-0 under Richt in Neyland stadium

BUT

I hate UT. I hate Ainge. I don't hate California.

I dont buy any of this "Let's root for the SEC to boost our image" argument...people that hate the SEC or don't think highly of it won't change their mind if Cal loses 100-0 to UT.

I dont buy any of this "Let's root for the SEC to boost our image" argument...people that hate the SEC or don't think highly of it won't change their mind if Cal loses 100-0 to UT.

I agree 100%. I used to be of the mentality to pull for the SEC no matter what. I realized that it does not matter one bit in the eyes of the talking heads. They say at some point every year the SEC is the toughest conference and then insist on head-bobbin the rest of the year over the Pac-10 and Big 10. :puke:

So now, I pull for the SEC teams I like and root against the ones I hate. :thumbsup:

You're missing the point guys...we want the SEC teams to win games like that, so that when we BEAT them, it makes US look good. GO SEC!!!! :)

:au::homer:

You're missing the point guys...we want the SEC teams to win games like that, so that when we BEAT them, it makes US look good. GO SEC!!!! :)

My thoughs exactly. Plus, it may not look all that good if a SEC team beats someone, but it looks bad when an SEC loses against another conference.

My thoughs exactly. Plus, it may not look all that good if a SEC team beats someone, but it looks bad when an SEC loses against another conference.

Nah, I get your pt. This is what I'm talking about. This is the way I thought for years, but realized that it doesn't matter at all. :thumbsdown: We 'think' it makes us look good or not, but all it does is make the media find something else to hold against us and the conference.

I would like UT to be as highly ranked as possible when UGA goes 4-0 under Richt in Neyland stadium

BUT

I agree. If the SEC won every non-conference game that would be, what, 48 games? If we won every one of those it still wouldn't matter to the talking heads. Therefore, I cheer for teams I like and the opponents of teams I hate. Screw that conference loyalty crap.

Yeah, I've never been much of one for that "conference pride" crap...outside of Alabama, though, I don't have a whole lot of true antipathy toward any other SEC school. I was not actively rooting for Florida to beat Ohio State in the BCS title game, but it didn't hurt my feelings any.

Though in reality I would like UT to be as highly ranked as possible...if they lost to California....I could see that team have a wheel or two fall off early thus ensuring a UGA win when we play them.

UT is my favorite to win the East next year BUT from what I hear...they are a fragile team with a LOT of high/high/high ego's....

Though we all have those types of players in the SEC....UT has a hell of a lot of them that put a good amount of the staff on edge.

BUT

I agree. If the SEC won every non-conference game that would be, what, 48 games? If we won every one of those it still wouldn't matter to the talking heads. Therefore, I cheer for teams I like and the opponents of teams I hate. Screw that conference loyalty crap.

If the SEC won every non-conference, including bowl games, every single talking head would have to give us props, no matter what. I know everyone thinks there is a significant bias, but most of the credible sports writers gave the SEC props last season. Obviously the west coast guys don't know what they're talking about, but if the conference went undefeated, they would have to cave in or risk their credibility, if they even have any.

Besides...Cal's a media darling...they need a loss. I know, I know...UT's a media darling too...but at least they're our media darling. We'll just beat em in the SECCG.... B)

Archived