Republican Debate Thursday Night on MSNBC

MDM4AU

I didn't watch the debates last night or even know they were taking place. Did anyone see this?

Did Chris Matthews actually ask the Republican contenders for president, if Clinton in the White House again would be good for America? These guys are there to tell why they should be president over everyone else, ESPECIALLY BILL CLINTON'S WIFE, and this boob asks this question? :blink::rolleyes:

Things did not improve for Matthews. Near the end of the 90-minute plus session, he actually asked the candidates if they approved of the idea of having former president Bill Clinton back in the White House:

“Would it be good for America to have Bill Clinton back living in the White House?” he wondered.

Amazingly, no one agreed with him.

That's what's being reported. I didn't get to see it either.

Newsbusters

Don't you find these debates really depressing?

Seriously. I'm a fan of good old-fashioned discussion of the ideas. But this ragged bunch of mediocrities didn't say anything of substance. Their words were the carefully-sculpted product of focus groups and political consultants.

If you want to see a real debate go back and reread the Lincoln/Douglas debates. And be prepared to be further depressed at what passes for discourse today.

If a person would go out and speak his mind without having 35 handlers around, and really communicate with the public about what they (as a candidate) really think; they'd win in a landslide.

In case you were wondering, Rudy whipped all their asses. He's the only one not pandering. He says what he believes. Take abortion, for instance. Rudy is personally opposed. "Abhors it" But the decision isn't his and he knows that. He said if the SC upholds Roe, he'll enforce the law. If they revoke it, he'll enforce that too. EXACTLY what a president is supposed to do. I can only pray we're smart enough to elect him.

war_rudy-1.gif

In case you were wondering, Rudy whipped all their asses. He's the only one not pandering. He says what he believes. Take abortion, for instance. Rudy is personally opposed. "Abhors it" But the decision isn't his and he knows that. He said if the SC upholds Roe, he'll enforce the law. If they revoke it, he'll enforce that too. EXACTLY what a president is supposed to do. I can only pray we're smart enough to elect him.

war_rudy-1.gif

You didn't really think anyone was that impressive, did you?

war_rudy-1.gif

What do you expect me to say? I thought Rudy did well. It's not like we're getting the cream of the intellectual crop in politics these days.

Hillary = Freakishly scary. A win by her would be apocalyptic

Edwards = Shiny, spooky alien

Obama = Empty suit who is only a candidate because he has a funny name and is a different color. If the guy was white, he wouldn't register

McCain = Befuddled older guy. But better than any of the three above. Democrats thought Reagan was dangerous when he carried the red-button suitcase?

Romney = How many wives does he REALLY have. And for that matter what makes the Muslims different from Mormons? Both claim to have another book of the Bible that was dictated by somebody who may or may not have been deranged.

Guliani = Turned New York around. At least he's got that. His performance as mayor was pretty impressive. He knows how to separate his personal beliefs from his duty.

I didn't SEE the debate, but heard many of the questions and answers. A few points.

There were 10 candidates, so any real meaningful discussion on the important matters simply wasn't going to happen.

Chris Mathews is a damn joke. He's about as impartial as Rosie O'Donnel is a S.I. Swimsuit model. Not only is this clown brazenly biased, he did indeed have the nerve to ask the candidates if it wouldn't be better for America if Bill Clinton was back in the White House. WTF ? Not only did he have the nerve to ask that at a GOP debate, but in the Reagan Library !!! And it gets worse. Every time a candidate tried to elaborate on an important point of a key issue, Mathews would abruptly cut them off and move on to another candidate. He CLEARLY didn't want the Republicans talking about any SUBSTANCE.

The 'live' questions MSNBC took from 'Politico.com ' were quite possibly a joke, and intended to make the candidates look bad. " What do you hate MOST about America ? ", " Do you believe in Evolution ? " C'mon..those aren't real questions !! The producers of the debate purpously picked questions they knew were full of pointless blather. And why did Mathews badger Rudi 5 times on the issue of abortion ? To their credit, not one candidate complained about the question, having the character to rise above such obvious bias.

By all accounts, Mitt Romney won the debate, while Duncan Hunter made the most improvement. Rudi stumbled over the abortion issue, understandably , but also failed to show his legal background. When asked if Roe v Wade should be ' repealed', he should have said " no, it should be overturned". Repealed suggests that it was a law made Congress, when it's not. It's a ruling made by the U.S. Supreme Court. Also, John McCain didn't help himself all that much either.

I'd just like to point out that for folks think it matters all that much.... why is Mitt being so maligned because of his religion. He's the only one of the major candidates ( all of them? ) who's only been married once. I personally don't care, but I think Romney is the best choice the GOP has running.

Also, the top 5 GOP candidates up against ANYONE the Dims have , if we're going on pure substance and character alone. The GOP has a damn strong field.

p.s. It's even worse with Mathews than you've probably heard. I heard a clip of him talking after the debate, and he was genuinely surprised that all of the candidates LAUGHED at his moronic question about Bill Clinton being back in the White House. This is how deluded the Left is, and how completely out of touch w/ reality they are when it comes to Clinton. Chris literally can't imagine that anyone wouldn't love to have Clinton back in the White House, which is why he asked his idiot question in the first place. What a f-ing moron.

Romney = How many wives does he REALLY have. And for that matter what makes the Muslims different from Mormons? Both claim to have another book of the Bible that was dictated by somebody who may or may not have been deranged.

Mitt Romney has one wife, and has only had one wife. Would you rather a candidate claim to be a good Morman, and live his life accordingly, or simply play lip service to being part of a ' normal ' religion, and cheat on his wife, use the Oval Office as a bed room while doing the interns ?

war_rudy-1.gif

What do you expect me to say? I thought Rudy did well. It's not like we're getting the cream of the intellectual crop in politics these days.

Hillary = Freakishly scary. A win by her would be apocalyptic

Edwards = Shiny, spooky alien

Obama = Empty suit who is only a candidate because he has a funny name and is a different color. If the guy was white, he wouldn't register

McCain = Befuddled older guy. But better than any of the three above. Democrats thought Reagan was dangerous when he carried the red-button suitcase?

Guliani = Turned New York around. At least he's got that. His performance as mayor was pretty impressive. He knows how to separate his personal beliefs from his duty.

I'm not a Hillary fan, but "apocalyptic"? Strong word. How so?

I didn't SEE the debate, but heard many of the questions and answers. A few points.

There were 10 candidates, so any real meaningful discussion on the important matters simply wasn't going to happen.

Chris Mathews is a damn joke. He's about as impartial as Rosie O'Donnel is a S.I. Swimsuit model. Not only is this clown brazenly biased, he did indeed have the nerve to ask the candidates if it wouldn't be better for America if Bill Clinton was back in the White House. WTF ? Not only did he have the nerve to ask that at a GOP debate, but in the Reagan Library !!! And it gets worse. Every time a candidate tried to elaborate on an important point of a key issue, Mathews would abruptly cut them off and move on to another candidate. He CLEARLY didn't want the Republicans talking about any SUBSTANCE.

The 'live' questions MSNBC took from 'Politico.com ' were quite possibly a joke, and intended to make the candidates look bad. " What do you hate MOST about America ? ", " Do you believe in Evolution ? " C'mon..those aren't real questions !! The producers of the debate purpously picked questions they knew were full of pointless blather. And why did Mathews badger Rudi 5 times on the issue of abortion ? To their credit, not one candidate complained about the question, having the character to rise above such obvious bias.

By all accounts, Mitt Romney won the debate, while Duncan Hunter made the most improvement. Rudi stumbled over the abortion issue, understandably , but also failed to show his legal background. When asked if Roe v Wade should be ' repealed', he should have said " no, it should be overturned". Repealed suggests that it was a law made Congress, when it's not. It's a ruling made by the U.S. Supreme Court. Also, John McCain didn't help himself all that much either.

I'd just like to point out that for folks think it matters all that much.... why is Mitt being so maligned because of his religion. He's the only one of the major candidates ( all of them? ) who's only been married once. I personally don't care, but I think Romney is the best choice the GOP has running.

Also, the top 5 GOP candidates up against ANYONE the Dims have , if we're going on pure substance and character alone. The GOP has a damn strong field.

p.s. It's even worse with Mathews than you've probably heard. I heard a clip of him talking after the debate, and he was genuinely surprised that all of the candidates LAUGHED at his moronic question about Bill Clinton being back in the White House. This is how deluded the Left is, and how completely out of touch w/ reality they are when it comes to Clinton. Chris literally can't imagine that anyone wouldn't love to have Clinton back in the White House, which is why he asked his idiot question in the first place. What a f-ing moron.

Didn't see it, but strong opinions on every aspect. :roflol:

The question about Bill Clinton was a softball. A chance to tee off on Clinton. bash his adminstration and tell Republican primary voters how much different you are and how much you hate Clinton. The reaction to that question on this board is laughable. I'm sure Dems would love the same question about Bush.

Mathews is a joke. I don't know a Dem who likes him, either. BTW, his brother ran for Congress last year from PA as a Republican.

Didn't see it, but strong opinions on every aspect. roflol.gif

The question about Bill Clinton was a softball. A chance to tee off on Clinton. bash his adminstration and tell Republican primary voters how much different you are and how much you hate Clinton. The reaction to that question on this board is laughable. I'm sure Dems would love the same question about Bush.

Mathews is a joke. I don't know a Dem who likes him, either. BTW, his brother ran for Congress last year from PA as a Republican.

Yes, didn't SEE it, but I heard it. How can that possibly be an issue ??

The Clinton question was simply Mathews displaying his man-love for Bill. It had absolutely no part in the debate.

I don't care about Mathew's brother, his uncle or his neighbor's pet. He was a ridiculous choice as 'moderator' for the GOP debate. Why not have Sean Hannity moderate the next Dim debate ? Oh, because the Dims are too freaking cowards to even come NEAR FOX , that's why. As for Mathews, he's been a screaming Lib since his youth, and it's no doubt that he fantasizes about being Hillary so he could get even CLOSER to Bill. :roflol:

TexasTiger, I could post that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West, and you'd find something contrarian to reply. If you can't offer any substantive post here, try not saying anything.

Didn't see it, but strong opinions on every aspect. roflol.gif

Yes, didn't SEE it, but I heard it. How can that possibly be an issue ??

The Clinton question was simply Mathews displaying his man-love for Bill. It had absolutely no part in the debate.

I don't care about Mathew's brother, his uncle or his neighbor's pet. He was a ridiculous choice as 'moderator' for the GOP debate. Why not have Sean Hannity moderate the next Dim debate ? Oh, because the Dims are too freaking cowards to even come NEAR FOX , that's why. As for Mathews, he's been a screaming Lib since his youth, and it's no doubt that he fantasizes about being Hillary so he could get even CLOSER to Bill. :roflol:

TexasTiger, I could post that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West, and you'd find something contrarian to reply. If you can't offer any substantive post here, try not saying anything.

If you are going to be such a wuss about somebody disagreeing with you, why on earth do you post on a political forum? :rolleyes:

If you'd watch Mathews much, you'd know he hates the Clintons. I doubt you'll ever see either Clinton on his show. Either of them would go on Fox first.

If you are going to be such a wuss about somebody disagreeing with you, why on earth do you post on a political forum? rolleyes.gif
It's not that you disagree , it's how you totally ignore each and every point made, and then make up new things to rant about. Amazing.

If you'd watch Mathews much, you'd know he hates the Clintons. I doubt you'll ever see either Clinton on his show. Either of them would go on Fox first.

You obviosly don't ever watch Mathews. He adores Bill Clinton. Chris wants to to be Bill's Kato and live in his pool house. Can't say much about Hillary, maybe he's jealous of her and doesn't come off liking her as much, but you can't say Mathews 'hates' Bill and have a pulse. You have no clue.

If you are going to be such a wuss about somebody disagreeing with you, why on earth do you post on a political forum? rolleyes.gif
It's not that you disagree , it's how you totally ignore each and every point made, and then make up new things to rant about. Amazing.

You obviosly don't ever watch Mathews. He adores Bill Clinton. Chris wants to to be Bill's Kato and live in his pool house. Can't say much about Hillary, maybe he's jealous of her and doesn't come off liking her as much, but you can't say Mathews 'hates' Bill and have a pulse. You have no clue.

You imagine anyone not in lock step with you loves everything you hate. You can't see anything else.

TexasTiger, I could post that the sun rises in the East and sets in the West, and you'd find something contrarian to reply.

Why don't you try that? That would be one of the few factually accurate things you'd ever posted.

You imagine anyone not in lock step with you loves everything you hate. You can't see anything else.

Your inability to post any sort of coherent reply doesn't make your specious comment true. I openly state what and why I feel the way I do, while all you seem content on posting is snide remarks and silly retorts.

If you can find where I've been inaccurate, then call me on it. If not, don't bother.

Your inability to post any sort of coherent reply doesn't make your specious comment true. I openly state what and why I feel the way I do, while all you seem content on posting is snide remarks and silly retorts.

If you can find where I've been inaccurate, then call me on it. If not, don't bother.

I did show you why your rant over Mathews "Clinton" question was silly. You still don't get it. You apparently aren't capable.

I did show you why your rant over Mathews "Clinton" question was silly. You still don't get it. You apparently aren't capable.

Your OPINION was that my 'comments' on Mathew's Clinton question was that it was silly. Why would you say that ? Then you made the factually wrong comment that Mathews hate's the Clinton's. Fact is, Mathews LOVES Bill Clinton. You simply have no clue.

I've missed two debates, so far.

Comcast cuts MSNBC out of the north Tuscaloosa cable lineup. Death to Comcast.

No. The Girl Scouts of America donated to PP as well, but I still buy their cookies. I don't agree with all of Rudy's positions but, if it comes down to him and Hitlary/Obama/Mr $400 haircut for the White House, I would likely hold my nose and pull the lever for Rudy.

I'm not a Hillary fan, but "apocalyptic"? Strong word. How so?

I'll give you five reasons:

1. hillary.jpg

2. bill_and_hillary_clinton-vi.jpg

3. scary-hillary-clinton.jpg

4. hillary_clinton.jpg

5. Hillary-Witch.jpg

She's also an idiot. The difference between her and Bush is that she has no idea she's an idiot. She thinks she's a genius.

GG, do you think these teeth are porcelain? I tend to think so.

This is a picture I took of her in Selma. It's evident from her eyes that we're lifelong pals. She mugged the sh*t out of my neck, didn't she?

img0752ho9.jpg

Archived