Jason Bosley

Caveman

Great news for Jason. Six pancakes against UF sounds impressive, but I would think that four starts would not be enough to merrit this attention.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/641627.html

i wouldn't brag on how he played in the uf game. if you go back and watch the tape, nearly every sack on cox was a result of bosley being pushed around or blocking air. i honestly didn't pay him much attention as the season wore on, but i hope he turns it on this year, just like i hope the whole OL shows up and impresses.

I agree with the sentiments stated. I hope he plays up to expectations. We need a big, tough center who won't get tossed around like a rag doll. Line play depends on a leader at the position , and our production there was marginal last year.

WDE

My oldest son was a senior with Bosley at Grissom. You guys are probably the same ones that moaned and groaned when Hugh Nall signed this "two star" Rivals player, I remember it well. If you know anything about offensive line play, you would know that rival defensive coordinators will scheme their line play to take advantage and attack a replacement inexperienced center....a little tough for a sophmore to handle that and make the line play calls, I would think. Most of you will not be happy until Bosley wins the Heisman.......

He's got big shoes to fill.

Even though I'm one of the biggest 'Bama fans you'll ever meet, it'll be different not seeing Joe Cope out there. Joe didn't exactly have the size and ability to play in the SEC, but he had more heart than anyone out there. He was faced with a major choice this past Fall -- and chose to continue playing football despite serious future medical problems with his leg.

My oldest son was a senior with Bosley at Grissom. You guys are probably the same ones that moaned and groaned when Hugh Nall signed this "two star" Rivals player, I remember it well. If you know anything about offensive line play, you would know that rival defensive coordinators will scheme their line play to take advantage and attack a replacement inexperienced center....a little tough for a sophmore to handle that and make the line play calls, I would think. Most of you will not be happy until Bosley wins the Heisman.......

i'll be happy when he holds his own and gives cox the few extra seconds he needs to find someone open, nancy grace. no need for that kind of sensationalism.

I watched Bosley play in highschool and was unimpressed. Its hard to evaluate linemen in one game, but he wasn't facing a stellar defensive line either. And its not like Huntsville is a hotbed of football talent. The last few standouts have been Swaim to UT and Darby and Robinson to Alabama. While all were decent players, I don't think any were stars. Bosley was good, but in a town with mediocre talent, he really has to be a standout to prove his worth. I think he will be better than Cope but only due to his physical size. Cope sometimes got manhandled because he was small.

I'm not sure that someone who's son played with someone is the best person to be an unbiased evaluator of talent. I don't think anyone is saying Bosley is bad, but with our tradition of great lineman and running games, we should be able to sign top line talent year in and year out.

Great news for Jason. Six pancakes against UF sounds impressive, but I would think that four starts would not be enough to merrit this attention.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/641627.html

Let's not get too excited over this. He was one of 46 centers in the NCAA to be put on the watch list. The list of centers NOT on the watchlist is barely longer than the list for the centers ON the watch list. So basically, if you played center at all last year, you are most likely on this list. Not exactly a reason to hoot and holler.

I guess I'm biased.....grades of 87,88, and 89 in 3 out of four games started is really shoddy. As far as talent in Huntsville, you might count all the players in Madison County that got college football scholarships in the 2006 season, it might surpriseyou....my son was one.

No, Joe Cope won't be back and neither will Kenny Irons. Swain was All-SEC Freshman when he wasn't hurt and was the senior captain at UT. I'll bet you see him on Sundays with the Bears.

I watched Bosley play in highschool and was unimpressed. Its hard to evaluate linemen in one game, but he wasn't facing a stellar defensive line either. And its not like Huntsville is a hotbed of football talent. The last few standouts have been Swaim to UT and Darby and Robinson to Alabama. While all were decent players, I don't think any were stars. Bosley was good, but in a town with mediocre talent, he really has to be a standout to prove his worth. I think he will be better than Cope but only due to his physical size. Cope sometimes got manhandled because he was small.

I'm not sure that someone who's son played with someone is the best person to be an unbiased evaluator of talent. I don't think anyone is saying Bosley is bad, but with our tradition of great lineman and running games, we should be able to sign top line talent year in and year out.

They play 'American' football in Huntsville? I thought I heard something about Huntsville High 'disbanding' the football team in order to free up funds for the boys and girls soccer teams.

i'll be happy when he holds his own and gives cox the few extra seconds he needs to find someone open, nancy grace. no need for that kind of sensationalism.

NANCY GRACE ?!?! :rollin::roflol:

Archived