?'s about UAT's 537 National Championships

rebdawg

I see where Bama went 1-0 in 1897. Since that was technically an undefeated season do they claim it as a national championship? Does Coach Allen McCants have a statue outside of Jordan-Hare West since he is the only coach to never lose a game?

Follow up: Does Tuberville have a statue outside of Jordan-Hare West since he has never lost a game there?

I see where Bama went 1-0 in 1897. Since that was technically an undefeated season do they claim it as a national championship? Does Coach Allen McCants have a statue outside of Jordan-Hare West since he is the only coach to never lose a game?

Follow up: Does Tuberville have a statue outside of Jordan-Hare West since he has never lost a game there?

No way they can claim it. Did you see who the opponent was? Tuscaloosa AC, or Athletic Club. Which means: they beat up on a bunch of big dummies too stupid to even get into the uat, and academic fraud hadn't been invented yet. Essentially, it was an intra-squad game. No championships here. Move along.

No way they can claim it. Did you see who the opponent was? Tuscaloosa AC, or Athletic Club. Which means: they beat up on a bunch of big dummies too stupid to even get into the uat, and academic fraud hadn't been invented yet. Essentially, it was an intra-squad game. No championships here. Move along.

I wonder if 92K showed up to that one? What did they take up a collection for that time? Reconstruction?

I wonder if 92K showed up to that one? What did they take up a collection for that time? Reconstruction?

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol: Yeah... 44 cents per person now, would've been like 4 dollars back then.

You do not understand ....yet. Perhaps this will help. ALL MNCs belong to uat. In the years they were "awarded" to another team, it was simply all a big mistake. Now that "coach" nick bear Lombardi has arrived, we should all just accept this fact and move along.

Why do we even play the IB ? Since bammer has won the all since bahr returned to the crapstone, what's the point ? I'd much prefer to get drunk with a bunch of Rangers and vomit on some bammer grad.

funny thing about cfb back then.....

most of the better players were mercenaries, playing for which school would give them the most $$$. in a LOT of cases, some of your better athletes on the field in these games had no intention of EVER going to any college whatsoever. some of them would play a game or 2 with one team, then another school would offer them more cash and they would move and play there. it wasn't unheard of for a player to play for 3 or 4 schools during a single season.

Archived