Braves Game

AuTigersX311

anybody watching the braves game against the dodgers? i think al borges is setting behind home plate with his wife!! i guess al has some pull to get those great seats!

anybody watching the braves game against the dodgers? i think al borges is setting behind home plate with his wife!! i guess al has some pull to get those great seats!

I don't think thats him. His wife is slim and dark headed. But he makes like $400K a year so he could certainly afford those seats. Its not like Braves seats are that hard to come by anymore.

Bobby Cox just got tossed again. I think he's close to the record for most ejections.

Borges is a huge baseball fan and you can see him at nearly every Auburn home game somewhere right around homeplate on the Auburn side.

But thats not him or his wife at the braves game.

I don't think thats him. His wife is slim and dark headed. But he makes like $400K a year so he could certainly afford those seats. Its not like Braves seats are that hard to come by anymore.

Bobby Cox just got tossed again. I think he's close to the record for most ejections.

I'd be interested to see stats on how often Bobby gets tossed out of day time games. Every day time game I watch, it seems like he gets tossed. I'm not shouting conspiracy or anything, but I wonder if he has a standing 3:00 tee time to make.

"Oops, this one is takin' too long, better waddle out to the ump and drop an F bomb so I can make my Sunday foursome."

I'd be interested to see stats on how often Bobby gets tossed out of day time games. Every day time game I watch, it seems like he gets tossed. I'm not shouting conspiracy or anything, but I wonder if he has a standing 3:00 tee time to make.

"Oops, this one is takin' too long, better waddle out to the ump and drop an F bomb so I can make my Sunday foursome."

he deserved to argue that call. it was a terrible call!!

It was a bad call, but I probably would have made the same one. Everything opened up on that except for his hands didn't break. Even though his wrists didn't break the end of his bat almost came around.

Cox got tossed on his first step out of the dugout today. And Chipper said f- you about 50 times.

I'm watching the phillies/giants now. I really can't stand Joe Morgan as a broadcaster.

It was a bad call, but I probably would have made the same one. Everything opened up on that except for his hands didn't break. Even though his wrists didn't break the end of his bat almost came around.

Cox got tossed on his first step out of the dugout today. And Chipper said f- you about 50 times.

I'm watching the phillies/giants now. I really can't stand Joe Morgan as a broadcaster.

As much as I can't stand listening to Morgan I can tolerate him 100x more than I can John Miller. The guy drives me crazy. He mispronounces so many people's names and just has no baseball smarts whatsoever.

As much as I can't stand listening to Morgan I can tolerate him 100x more than I can John Miller. The guy drives me crazy. He mispronounces so many people's names and just has no baseball smarts whatsoever.

Morgan is so negative. Like he can do everything better than anyone on the field.

hmmm joe morgan is a hall of framer has done better on the field! i will listen to joe morgan and john miller all day long as long as i dont have to listen to mike terico! that guy drives me insane

i don't know if any of you live in atlanta but watch the sports recap shows for chipper's comments after the game.

basically...he said the ump (i forget his name) thinks the fans come to see him and his playcalling is basically a joke. the players of all teams think he's a joke and he personally thanked the ump for pumping them team up b/c of his stupid actions.

quite funny.

expect a fan.

sidenote:

urban meyer was at the braves game a month ago...no al borges today.

In slow motion, it was a horrible call. At game speed, how can you fault the guy?

Personally, if I was the manager of a terrible team who had no chance at the pennant, I'd get tossed out of every game by the middle of the 1st inning. Not that I'm saying the Braves are terrible, they're my team. I'm just musing.

Personally, if I was the manager of a terrible team who had no chance at the pennant, I'd get tossed out of every game by the middle of the 1st inning. Not that I'm saying the Braves are terrible, they're my team. I'm just musing.

I would hope you aren't saying they are terrible...considering they are in first place. And are a game out of the best record in baseball.

I thought Chipper went over the top with his response. I read his lips...after a flurry of F-Us, he said "F you you F'in prick."

His post game comments were pretty funny. I hope he doesn't expect a fair call from that guy ever.

In slow motion, it was a horrible call. At game speed, how can you fault the guy?

Well, technically, if the bat breaks the plane of the plate, which it did, it's a swing. Even though his wrists were back, the bat still broke the plane, but it's such an subjective call. It's like the strike zone. Every umpire has a different one, but as long as they are consistent with it, that's ok.

my dad was a college and minor league umpire for years and he told me the rule was if the wrist break and the batt crosses the plane it was a swing. And AUmatt ill bet you a 1000 dollars that the braves win the pennant this year

I would hope you aren't saying they are terrible...considering they are in first place. And are a game out of the best record in baseball.

I thought Chipper went over the top with his response. I read his lips...after a flurry of F-Us, he said "F you you F'in prick."

His post game comments were pretty funny. I hope he doesn't expect a fair call from that guy ever.

Uhhh, BG. Read the part of my post you QUOTED. I will repeat the second sentence. "Not that I'm saying the Braves are terrible, they're my team. I'm just musing." So, your hope is confirmed. I am not saying they are terrible.

Didn't realize I left that vague, as I said "Not that I'm saying the Braves are terrible, they're my team."

my dad was a college and minor league umpire for years and he told me the rule was if the wrist break and the batt crosses the plane it was a swing. And AUmatt ill bet you a 1000 dollars that the braves win the pennant this year

I'll tell you the same thing I told BG. THE BRAVES ARE NOT TERRIBLE, I DID NOT SAY THEY WERE. THEY ARE MY TEAM. I, too, hope they win the pennant, and I think they have the tools to do so.

Please read the entire post before you feel the need to challenge me to a bet. :no:

There is nothing in the rule book that defines what a swing is.

While we are on the subject. There is no such thing as a check swing anyway. You either swing, or you check your swing.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine, like RBI's...

There is nothing in the rule book that defines what a swing is.

Rule book or not, in my almost 12 years that I played, I don't know how many times I heard, and still hear, that if the bat breaks the plane, it's considered a swing. But like I said, it's subjective to just how far the bat has to go for each ump.

I thought it was a fair call. At least he didn't pull a David Justice and just drop the bat all together.

Archived