Attn: KISS fans

check out this link. VH1classics has put several KISS videos online for everyone to view. Enjoy.

KISS VIDEOS

That's pretty interesting. KISS really came before the video revolution and had a hard time making the transition. Of all the things the band did well, making videos wasn't one of them.

Some of those are painful. Gene, in particular, didn't seem to know what to do with the makeup off until they got to the Revenge era. He struggled all the way through HITS to find a comfort level.

One of my favorite CDs in the post-makeup era was Carnival of Souls. It represented a different direction and took some musical risks. It was the first time they all seemed comfortable in their non-makeup skins. It could have been the launching point for the band and carried it into a third decade of musical relevance. But then came the Unplugged CD (which is also one of my favorites) and then the Reunion. CoS was tossed on the trashheap and never really promoted.

check out this link. VH1classics has put several KISS videos online for everyone to view. Enjoy.

KISS VIDEOS

That's pretty interesting. KISS really came before the video revolution and had a hard time making the transition. Of all the things the band did well, making videos wasn't one of them.

Some of those are painful. Gene, in particular, didn't seem to know what to do with the makeup off until they got to the Revenge era. He struggled all the way through HITS to find a comfort level.

One of my favorite CDs in the post-makeup era was Carnival of Souls. It represented a different direction and took some musical risks. It was the first time they all seemed comfortable in their non-makeup skins. It could have been the launching point for the band and carried it into a third decade of musical relevance. But then came the Unplugged CD (which is also one of my favorites) and then the Reunion. CoS was tossed on the trashheap and never really promoted.

I LOVE Carnival of Souls. Great album. HATE, RAIN, The Jungle all stand out in my mind. My favorite non-makeup album was REVENGE. not a dud on that one, IMO.

I LOVE Carnival of Souls. Great album. HATE, RAIN, The Jungle all stand out in my mind. My favorite non-makeup album was REVENGE. not a dud on that one, IMO.

Revenge was good because it was the first major step in a new direction, but I think I liked CoS better because it went on out there. There wasn't what you'd call a traditional "I want to party and bang chicks" KISS-type song.

Childhood's End, I Will Be There, In the Mirror and I Walk Alone are all solid pieces from CoS to me. While I enjoyed the Reunion Tour (all five versions of it) there are times I still wonder what might have happened if the band had continued on that path and reinvinted itself again. Would there have been a critically and commercially successful album to come out of the continued collaboration between Gene, Paul, Eric and Bruce?

While Psycho Circus was okay, it mirrored the problems that plagued the original four from 1976 forward. Ace and Peter's contributions were minimized although they are just as creative (probably more so) than either Gene or Paul and both should have had more vocals. I understood Gene's zero tolerance substance abuse policy, but it always bothered me the way he and Paul treated Ace and Peter as disposable objects.

Archived