What Could Have Been

In the football forum, someone was talking about dating the daughter of the CEO of Golden Flake. Didn't carry through with it and could have been hooked up with a sho' nuff sugar mama. It got me thinking about the what ifs in life that we all have. One thing that comes to mind for me is my dad telling me his next door neighbor came to him one night and asked him if he would be interested in doing some investing to help them start a business idea they had. My dad thought about it and decided not to. Just didn't think it would take off.

About 7-8 years later, there's this huge, home office building going up for "Kinder Kare", a day care franchise that was now all over the south. Eventually went under, bought out or whatever. But for the original investors (My dad NOT being one of them) life became pretty darn good. Not that I'm complaining about my life but I could sure use that phat condo at the beach right now.

Any experiences of your own where later you just went....DOH!!! :homer:

Yeah. Here are mine:

1) Years ago, my mother was approached by some obscure relative in Eastaboga to handle all the advertising sales for some racetrack named Talladega. She snorted and said, "Why on earth would I want to do that?"

2) I had a chance to be the publicist for the Barenaked Ladies before they hit it big. I turned down the meeting.

3) I dated the daughter of a prominent coal family. She wanted to get serious, but I thought her dad was an overbearing youknowwhat who would have made my life miserable, if comfortable. Instead, I married the perfect woman.

4) I got a question wrong on a nationally televised game show when the jackpot was $2,100,00. No. I'm not making this up. I just blanked out.

When I wished upon that shooting star ,I should have wished for 10 million bucks, instead of oral gratification. I didn't know it was going to come true.

Archived