5th commitment

AUYopp

Blair Irvin 5'9" 180

Was a Saban signee back in '02!!! Drafted by the Devil Rays and spent time in Minors. Decided he wanted to play football instead. Looks like Muschamp kept in touch with this kid. Blair says he's solid commit to AU. He really wants to get to the NFL. What a better of getting there via Auburn? He's 24 so hopefully any childish antics are in the past for him. Sounds like he has a clean record though!

Anyway, War Eagle and War Blair Irvin being the Auburn DB to the NFL!!!!!!

ITAT stated he ran the 40-yard dash three consecutive times at Coffeyville recently. The times were 4.39, 4.44 and 4.4 seconds. :thumbsup:

Yeah, he said that he wants to go to Auburn and start next year... which he'll have a good shot, then he wants to go to the NFL... sounds like he'll only be with us for a year, maybe two. Anyway, he was a Stud back in '02 and he is a Stud now. War Blair Irvin...... Welcome.

Any of you recruiting gurus have a link where we could get some stats/bio on the guy? Sounds like one heck of an interesting commit.

Any of you recruiting gurus have a link where we could get some stats/bio on the guy? Sounds like one heck of an interesting commit.

All the good articles on him are prem. stuff, but I'll summarize the best I can. He was only the 44th ranked DB coming out of HS in 02'. Played WR last year at Coffeyville and had mediocre stats at best. In 10 games he caught five passes for 116 yards and one touchdown and added 12 carries for 71 yards and another score with a long run of 38 yards. Made the move to DB this spring and by all reports has flourished in the position..

Other than being very fast, the coaches decision to offer this kid has me :headscratch: . We only have around 17 scholly's this year and to take a chance on someone who'll be 25 by the time he arrives on campus. I've got faith in CTT and staff but it seems a little risky to me.

Preciate the 411 there Matt. Does seem a little weird with limited schollys though. Maybe some of the stuff we've heard rumored about certain players moving on and clearing up a few more scholarships is a better possibility. As you said, CTT's staff seems to have a good handle on evaluating talent so they must feel pretty good about him. But, with only 17....

Preciate the 411 there Matt. Does seem a little weird with limited schollys though. Maybe some of the stuff we've heard rumored about certain players moving on and clearing up a few more scholarships is a better possibility. As you said, CTT's staff seems to have a good handle on evaluating talent so they must feel pretty good about him. But, with only 17....

I don't have all the recruiting sites, etc,. I have always been a trust the coaches kind of person when following this stuff because their track record shows that they know what they need, but this years class as a whole has seemed a little odd. This is a big year for receiver prospects nationally and most of the top guys are in the Southeast. We could use a good one or two at WR but we sign a couple fo WR early. I take that to mean someone has already beaten us on the big prospects. Then we sign what appears to be a very average DB(although he is fast) who on the side is 25 and says he wants to go to the NFL asap. Just seems like a strange group so far. Especially since we have less scholarships than normal. Any of the real recruting nerds have any input on this?

He was only the 44th ranked DB coming out of HS in 02'.

Irvin was ranked as the 14th best ATH in the country and a 4-star prospect by Rivals back in 2002. Saban was real high on him and his potential to play CB (physically he has everything: speed, hips, change of direction) which is probably why Muschamp (who recruited him to LSU) is back at him AGAIN. This guy wouldn't have gotten an offer if we didn't think he could come in and start (or at least greatly contribute) from day one. This is still far from a done deal, if he doesn't perform well (or looks average) in JUCO) this upcoming season he wont end up signing a scholarship on Signing Day. If he does make it in and looks lost early on I would guess that we'd part ways with him as well, we aren't recruiting this guy to grow his way onto the field.

Archived