Is Nick Saban burned out?

drewau02

Like most college coaches who don't make it in the NFL, they crash and burn rather fast. I remember how exhausted and haggard Steve Spurrier looked towards the end of his second year in D.C. Most college coaches who burn out in the pros take a year off before going back to college. They do this in order to catch up on much needed rest, Spurrier being the best example of this.

With that being said, do any of you believe that Saban should have taken a year off before returning to the college game? Do any of you believe he's still burned out from the Miami experience? I know that all of the Bama fans here will say no because if he took a year off, then he wouldn't be UA's head coach. Everyone else, feel free to opine.

Not at all. In fact, if anything...I think Saban is more excited then at any point in his college coaching career.

I would say his first "big" job at MSU but I have heard that marriage was never remotely happy there.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Based on how the Dolphins were playing are you sure he wasn't already taking a year off?

Nice hustle.

Based on how the Dolphins were playing are you sure he wasn't already taking a year off?

Umm...beat me to it. As soon as I read the first post, that was my exact thought.

As a Dolphins fan, I know he took at least half a year off last year for sure.

My daddy always told me that if you don't wash your Saban it's going to smell funny and get infected. And then girls won't want to touch it.

So if you touch your Saban too much, will you go blind?

My daddy always told me that if you don't wash your Saban it's going to smell funny and get infected. And then girls won't want to touch it.

I'm not blind yet, but my vision's a little blurry.

Switch to the left hand and go get some cheetos.

Its those cheap crimson glasses you've got on.

I think he's completely burned out, physically, mentally, and even emotionally from all the press fume and the running around with respect to coaches hiring, recruiting, and so on. I am even amazed that the guy has not collapsed at one point yet.

That's why I am not putting so much money on this upcoming season..

I think he's completely burned out, physically, mentally, and even emotionally from all the press fume and the running around with respect to coaches hiring, recruiting, and so on. I am even amazed that the guy has not collapsed at one point yet.

That's why I am not putting so much money on this upcoming season..

I think he was burnt out with the Dolphins and probably feels like a 12 ton elephant is off his shoulders. Oh wait a minute, he just traded one elephant for another. :poke:

But I think the #1 reason college coaches fail and get burned out in the NFL is these crazy owners giving them full control over a team. What did Saban or Spurrier know about running the front office of an NFL team? These owners keep thinking they are going to find the next Jimmy Johnson that can do both jobs, but it's not going to happen. If you are going to hire these guys, just let them coach.

Archived