Comparison of Bama and LSU at Saban's arrival

AU_tiger_2000

There has been many arguments on the message boards between Bama and LSU fans since Saban was hired at Alabama. One of these arguments is about the talent level. LSU fans have been saying that they had more talent when Saban went there than he does at Alabama right now. What say you? Also, can you compare the overall state of the two programs, meaning Bama right now and LSU back when Saban arrived? – TT

A: Both fan bases are right in their own way. If you remember, Gerry DiNardo was a heck of a recruiter who put together some good teams at LSU that just couldn’t get the job done. The knock was that the talent was in place, but the coach wasn’t. While there was certainly talent when Saban arrived, LSU really started to rock once the recruiting went through the roof from very good to elite. It’s the same thing at Alabama. The expectations were jacked up way too high after a somewhat fluky 2005 season when the Tide got every good bounce and break you could possibly imagine. 2006 was supposed to be a bit of a rebuilding year, and it was, and now Saban should swoop in and benefit. He did a good job recruiting in a limited amount of time, and he’s certain to bring in some monster hauls after getting more time to work.

However, and I always emphasize this with Bama fans, Saban had just one amazing year, and a bunch of good ones. He was never able to get Michigan State over any kind of hump, he failed as the Miami Dolphin head coach, and he only had one year at LSU when he lost fewer than three games. Just because Saban’s at Alabama, that doesn’t mean Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, and Auburn are going to curl up and die. It just means that Bama has a better chance of getting a turn in the SEC title rotation at some point.

Click Me!

I love Saban and want to have his babies.

Dang, dude. I don't believe I would have told that.

I love Saban and want to have his babies.

I didn't know Bammerperry's real name was Colette Connell. This explains your posts on here. :drink1:

Bearcoon.jpg?t=1179500405

How blasphemous. Bear 3:16??? Similar to Austin 3:16? You know what happened to Stone Cold Steve Austin? His knees blew out and he was forced into early retirement. Bode well, your future does not, Bamaperry.

How blasphemous. Bear 3:16??? Similar to Austin 3:16? You know what happened to Stone Cold Steve Austin? His knees blew out and he was forced into early retirement. Bode well, your future does not, Bamaperry.

I don't know anything about the religious part, I just like this picture because Saban's weiner is hanging out. Gives me happy goosebumps.

I don't know anything about the religious part, I just like this picture because Saban's weiner is hanging out. Gives me happy goosebumps.

Doesn't take MUCH to get you bammers excited. Do you think the Nicktator just got out of the pool? :big:

You don't really have to say anything, this pretty much sums it up. BP :hail: 's :usc:

Typical journalism without doing any actual in-depth research.

Dinardo had 2 very solid and highly thought of recruiting classes. Both of which came with stars and complete and utter flops.

When Saban came to LSWho, Saban was dealing with nearly 20+ players (a lot of which were starters) who probably weren't going to qualify academically. In fact, LSWho's biggest problem was that Dinardo kept recruiting kids who were never going to see the field.

Saban came into a much worse situation at LSWho and it isnt even close. He changed the entire program and made it what it is today.

I hate LSWho but I respect Saban.

Funny how every LSWho fan would agree with me 2 years ago but now most will claim how LSWho made Saban, ext....bs, imo

Most delusional Bama fans see this as the second coming of Bear. This is no secret. Personally, I beleive Saban is highly overrated. He is a good coach, but he is no God. Maybe they can at least get another win or two a year so they will quit hurting our strength of schedule with their pathetic teams...

Saban is a good coach, just not one of the greatest ever to walk the field. He's definitely a step up from Shula. I for one think it'll be interesting to see what develops in T-town. I don't forsee any NC's in the next ten seconds like some like to claim over there, but they'll definitely at least get over .500 for the season.

Archived