Barnes said his son told Saban...

kingfish

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

According to this article Jimmy Barnes' father said his son told Saban that he was "not going to give up his dignity and be treated like that."

The above link is to the story written by S. Irwin and appears in today's Bham News.

As much as I would like there to be some stink on this it sounds like a disgruntled parent to me.

As much as I would like there to be some stink on this it sounds like a disgruntled parent to me.

Wallace Gilberry goes to Saban's defense ... my understanding is the UA players are not allowed to speak with the press without Saban's approval ... wonder if Saban selected the player and gave him the words to say to the press? There was a long-time secretary who the story left the athletic department because of these same issues ... sorry I have no link.

I obviously don't know whether its true or not, but it does make one wonder and after all the illustrious BAMA rag Bham News reported the story ... this paper has a history of glossing over UA negatives and putting a positive spin on them.

That's a complete 180 from what his dad was saying the day Jimmy left.

What did he say then? I never saw anything that had him quoted.

That's not surprising, the Barnes family was very close to Shula. What I want to know about is what's going on with your NCAA compliance guy? I read that article in the B'ham News yesterday and it sounds like he'll be the first casualty of the Sabahr regime.

Link

Guest Tigrinum Major

Why do fathers these days start to sound allot like whining mommas????

I'm offended by that statement.

Signed,

Beck Campbell

That's not surprising, the Barnes family was very close to Shula. What I want to know about is what's going on with your NCAA compliance guy? I read that article in the B'ham News yesterday and it sounds like he'll be the first casualty of the Sabahr regime.

Link

Chris King has problems doing his job. Everytime a compliance issue comes up...instead of him calling the NCAA and finding out, he just says "no".

He really screwed us when he wouldn't let our greyshirts (including JPW) travel with the team to the bowl game...and get some practice in. He said no, without doing the due dilligence. And found out later, from Auburn of all people, that it's ok to send your greyshirts.

UA fans have a big problem with that dude.

It sounds to me like $aban is respectful of the players he wants to keep and maybe not so, of the players he would prefer leave. That does open up a scholarship, doesn't it?

It sounds to me like $aban is respectful of the players he wants to keep and maybe not so, of the players he would prefer leave. That does open up a scholarship, doesn't it?

I disagree... I think Saban is an equal opportunity butthole on the practice field.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

According to this article Jimmy Barnes' father said his son told Saban that he was "not going to give up his dignity and be treated like that."

The above link is to the story written by S. Irwin and appears in today's Bham News.

Sounds like a kid that has floated through with an easy time his whole career and when someone make him start working....he bails. And then dad, who also let him have an easy time, comes to his defense with excuses.

I have no idea wat kind of person they are, but that is what it sounds like to me!

Sounds like a kid that has floated through with an easy time his whole career and when someone make him start working....he bails. And then dad, who also let him have an easy time, comes to his defense with excuses.

I have no idea wat kind of person they are, but that is what it sounds like to me!

I think I agree. This guy was overweight when he graduated high school. He had all summer to get in shape, and showed up overweight. 3 years later, he's still overweight.

And Shula didn't make players lift weights. So that was a perfect fit for Barnes.

That's a complete 180 from what his dad was saying the day Jimmy left.

What did he say then? I never saw anything that had him quoted.

i saw the story of what his dad told rivals when it happened, but its a premium link so i won't post it. but there was nothing negative about bama in there. the way his dad talked it gave me the impression that he was homesick, his dad stated that he was probably going to take a scholarship offer from somewhere closer to the west coast. his dad also coached him in high school.

It's very simple when you are with Saban

Don't talk back, Don't be late, Don't ever loaf around practice or the games.

If you do any of the three, your life will be hell. He ran away a LOT of players at LSU in his first 3 years and many of his players from the last 2-3 years HATED HIM but would never say so publicly.

If you don't have thick skin....Saban will eat you alive...and if you crack and yell back...your life will be in even bigger hell, if that is possible.

If you do any of the three, your life will be hell. He ran away a LOT of players at LSU in his first 3 years and many of his players from the last 2-3 years HATED HIM but would never say so publicly.

If you don't have thick skin....Saban will eat you alive...and if you crack and yell back...your life will be in even bigger hell, if that is possible.

See thats what I'm saying. Just act like a grown up, and the hell will be minimal.

And Shula didn't make players lift weights.

Please stop saying this.

It's ridiculous. And it flies in the face of everything that was being said up to the day he got fired.

You're better than that.

See thats what I'm saying. Just act like a grown up, and the hell will be minimal.

Yes and No.

Yes in that if you act grown up, you will be given minimal hell

But No in that...Saban still does NOT have an open door policy most of the year, he really is NOT a coach that cares about you off the field, and he does NOT treat you with any respect most of the time even with good play on the field.

Those No's can be too tough for college kids, especially ones that are excelling on the field.

There is a reason so many LSU players were 'relieved' when Miles came to LSU and was much looser on and off the field, especially with his open door policy.

It can wear on people very quickly.

Please stop saying this.

It's ridiculous. And it flies in the face of everything that was being said up to the day he got fired.

You're better than that.

No it doesn't. I've been saying it for over a year.

Please stop saying this.

You're better than that.

How can it be ridiculous if it's true?

Workouts were completely voluntary under Shula. I've had a player, who played for Fran and Shula, testify to the 180 in intensity the day Shula came onto the scene.

Please stop saying this.

You're better than that.

How can it be ridiculous if it's true?

Workouts were completely voluntary under Shula. I've had a player, who played for Fran and Shula, testify to the 180 in intensity the day Shula came onto the scene.

I can tell you that "some" Tide fans called us liars when we were asking about confirmation about this just last season.

Archived