July 17th can't get here soon enough...

Wow, if Glen Coffee is in the game, we must be killing you guys!

Seriously I'm ready too. There's a lot of new stuff in this year's version.

Wow, if Glen Coffee is in the game, we must be killing you guys!

Ya'll roll that deep.

I know...good lord have you seen what they did with recruiting. BG 360 or PS3?

360 all the way.

What about the weather channel stuff? That's cool. Apparently, if you have xbox live, EA has hooked up with the weather channel. And whatever the weather is where you are physically playing your xbox, will be the same weather in the game you are playing. In REAL TIME.

Thats freaking cool.

I can't wait for a hurricane to roll through Miami and I'll decide to play a game at the Orange Bowl. Could make for an interesting game.

Disclaimer: In no way am I wishing for a bad hurricane to hit the fine citizens of Miami this year. Just stating that it could lead to a crazy NCAA game.

ncaa-football-08-20070426051544952.jpg

Hurry up already...TB is ready

Ill be there at 12:01am to get my hands on one, then Ill get on ebay and get the rosters and Im set until next year! I have decided to keep my Ps2 until they stop making college football for it or until the Ps3 gets in the 200 dollar price range

I can't wait for a hurricane to roll through Miami and I'll decide to play a game at the Orange Bowl. Could make for an interesting game.

Disclaimer: In no way am I wishing for a bad hurricane to hit the fine citizens of Miami this year. Just stating that it could lead to a crazy NCAA game.

Actually the weather in the game, from how i read it, is going to be the same as the weather in whatever city you live in at the time. So if its raining outside your house, its raining in the game.

360 all the way.

What about the weather channel stuff? That's cool. Apparently, if you have xbox live, EA has hooked up with the weather channel. And whatever the weather is where you are physically playing your xbox, will be the same weather in the game you are playing. In REAL TIME.

Thats freaking cool.

:thumbsdown: to 360.... PS3 all the way...get with it BG jeez can't pick the right school or game system.

Ill be there at 12:01am to get my hands on one, then Ill get on ebay and get the rosters and Im set until next year! I have decided to keep my Ps2 until they stop making college football for it or until the Ps3 gets in the 200 dollar price range

Jumbo....get off your wallet.

to 360.... PS3 all the way...get with it BG jeez can't pick the right school or game system.

A) I didnt want to wait a year and a half to get a PS3 instead of a 360.

B) I didn't want to spend 600 bucks on a game system

C) I'd like my system to have more than 7 games available

D) I absolutely LOATHE Sony

E) I love Microsoft

F) I had 3 PS2s they all broke. And everyone I know who has owned one, had to replace it.

But, if Blu Ray becomes the large capacity DVD medium of choice, I may get a PS3. If you are going to spend 500 on a Blu Ray drive, why not spend 600 on a PS3?

PS, the wii kicks both systems asses at parties.

to 360.... PS3 all the way...get with it BG jeez can't pick the right school or game system.

A ) I didnt want to wait a year and a half to get a PS3 instead of a 360.

fair enough, I actually went for the PS3 for the exact opposite reason, much like the same reason I went with the xbox over the PS2 I figured that the waiting console may lose market share but would be a better product in the long haul because it would do what the other competitor did not

B ) I didn't want to spend 600 bucks on a game system

I can relate (with all your paying $aban, I can imagine finances being tight)...however...when you add up what the PS3 has built into it vs the components you would have to buy to get the 360 up to par...the 360 actually ends up being more. Plus I think BlueRay is going to win the war and at the time it was the cheapest player out there.

C ) I'd like my system to have more than 7 games available

Fair enough but same thing happened with XBOX and I think it was a better system than PS2 was

D ) I absolutely LOATHE Sony

BLASPHEMY!!! I would put Sony products up against pretty much anything.

E ) I love Microsoft

As do I

F ) I had 3 PS2s they all broke. And everyone I know who has owned one, had to replace it.

I had an original PlayStation, then went XBOX see answer to A

I have not played it all though I have heard it is quite fun with a large group however it does grow old. Frankly I don't want to work that hard while I'm playing video games.

You are all geeks and need to get out more.

Signed,

CCTAU

Just don't shoot us :)

Frankly I don't want to work that hard while I'm playing video games.[/color]

Quote of the day. I am not playing a game system that requires me to get exercise.

360 all the way.

Thats freaking cool.

:thumbsdown: to 360.... PS3 all the way...get with it BG jeez can't pick the right school or game system.

Maybe you can donate me one!

360 all the way.

Thats freaking cool.

Tell you what we'll collect at the next Alabama A-Day game...with any luck you might only have to come out of pocket a couple hundred dollars.

E) I love Microsoft

F) I had 3 PS2s they all broke. And everyone I know who has owned one, had to replace it.

But, if Blu Ray becomes the large capacity DVD medium of choice, I may get a PS3. If you are going to spend 500 on a Blu Ray drive, why not spend 600 on a PS3?

I have had 1 PS2 and 1 PS2 only and it never broke. Infact I was surprised when I heard the first person say they had any problem with theirs because mine worked so well... Part of the problem some people have is that they are too stupid and they sit their system on the carpet, and then it overheats you shouldn't leave any components on a carpet floor. Also I don't know if I ever thought standing the PS2 up on it's side was a good idea lots of people had those stands but why? I mean it sits just fine the way it was meant to and I think maybe that wasn't so good for it either.

360 all the way.

Thats freaking cool.

Tell you what we'll collect at the next Alabama A-Day game...with any luck you might only have to come out of pocket a couple hundred dollars.

:roflol: are you insinuating that Auburn may win again? And that Bama fans would fall off the Saban bandwagon? No way, not the bama fans they would never abandon their coach like that... Would they?

I've owned a PS2 since 2002 and before that I had a PS1. In all that time I've had one controller go bad after a lot of use. No other issues whatsoever.

Actually the weather in the game, from how i read it, is going to be the same as the weather in whatever city you live in at the time. So if its raining outside your house, its raining in the game.

Well that would be slightly disappointing. I actually got the idea from this article. Although this is an old article so they may have scrapped that idea by now...so I guess we'll find out on July 17th.

We, of course, saved the best for last. NCAA 08 will include possibly the single greatest sports feature of all time: The Weather Channel. That's right, EA penned a deal with the network so that every game will kick-off with the exact weather conditions at that very moment in wherever the heck you are playing. Hurricane season in South Florida at 3 a.m.? Game on.

http://sports.ign.com/articles/780/780386p1.html

You are all geeks and need to get out more.

Signed,

CCTAU

First time I've laughed all day. 2 points.

BLASPHEMY!!! I would put Sony products up against pretty much anything.

Having spent 6 years working with, selling, installing, and repairing consumer electronics...I can tell you that Sony products are some of the worst. Sony's stuff is built to the minimum standard and built for cheap mass production.

E) I love Microsoft

I'm with BG on this one, other than the fact that I despise Microsoft. It seems the 360 is leading the console wars in terms of graphics & gameplay combined. The ps3 is an exceptional piece of hardware, but it barely has the gameplay that the Wii and the 360 both possess.

Rambling some more on the gameplay issue, this is why I may buy a Wii in the upcoming month or two. The Wii may be behind both the ps3 and the 360 on hardware... but the gameplay makes the Wii hard to find in any store. Both the 360 and the Wii have options for downloading games off the internet (demos, arcade style games, in the Wii's market they have a vast library for old nes, snes, and 64 games) and also boast "fun" games.

Don't know about some people, but I buy a console to have fun.. not to look at a pretty picture. The ps3 has all the tools to become #1 in the console war... but yet seems to have not capitalized on it's own system in the least bit. Lower the price a little bit (even it forces a grind in profit), aim at the internet capability alot more, and have more companies that can produce awesome gameplay titles (ex. SquareSoft) and you have a great console.

By the time the ps3 is affordable to the average person, the next gen. consoles after these will most likely be almost completed if not at 75%.... makes it kind of pointless to wait doesn't it?

Both the 360 and the Wii have options for downloading games off the internet (demos, arcade style games)

as does the PS3

Don't know about some people, but I buy a console to have fun.. not to look at a pretty picture

I need the pretty picture.

Also, I forgot to add...xbox live marketplace DESTROYS all others.

Archived