Caleb King arrested

bellefay1

Looks pretty minor. Driving the wrong way down a one way street? That happens in Auburn about every 30 minutes on Thomas and Toomer Street. The suspended license is a bigger deal, but worthy of arrest? Paris had to get caught 3 times.

Looks pretty minor. Driving the wrong way down a one way street? That happens in Auburn about every 30 minutes on Thomas and Toomer Street. The suspended license is a bigger deal, but worthy of arrest? Paris had to get caught 3 times.

Some agencies require officers to make arrests on driving with a suspended liscense. Actually, I don't know of any in Georgia that don't. I hate to hear this about King. I followed him closely last year in hopes of him becoming a Tiger. At least he didn't fight the police...

I got to meet him on an unofficial visit two A-days ago. He was a really nice guy. Sucks this had to happen to him.

I hate to say it but a fractured leg accompanied by an arrest record makes me glad he's not a Tiger.

Suspended license.....STOP DRIVING

more or less my thought on the subject. it's not that difficult to find a ride in a college town from what I remember.

more or less my thought on the subject. it's not that difficult to find a ride in a college town from what I remember.

Again....he was on a MOPED. Honestly, how many of you even knew you could get in trouble for not having a license on a friggin moped?

Was he on a scooter or moped? I ask because a lot of people still call a scooter a moped not thinking about the difference. If it was a moped, maybe he could say he had it in the peddling mode, so they can't say he was operating a motorized vehicle without a license. Just sayin'. :big:

I agree, whether it was a scooter or moped, this is kind of crappy luck for this guy. Yes, it is not hard to find a ride in a college town, but I can bet it would get old to always ask for a ride just to go town to the mall or to the video store. The law is the law but I do not think I would ostracize the kid for this incident. He probably would get punished enough after his teammates make fun of him for getting caught going the wrong way down a one way street on a moped.

I do think an arrest for this is a little too much and it should be a fine like a traffic ticket and maybe impound the moped. I know that the Decatur City Council here is thinking about making it a law that if you are caught without insurance or a license, your care will be impounded. They are tired of uninsured people that are at fault in wrecks and can't pay up. Take their car away and they can't do it anymore.

Again....he was on a MOPED. Honestly, how many of you even knew you could get in trouble for not having a license on a friggin moped?

the state of georgia requires a valid drivers license to operate a moped. a suspended drivers license does not equate to (in my book) stop driving a car, switch to two wheels (imo)

i would assume (being of sound mind) that if i had a suspended id...i should not be driving....but that's just me.

the state of georgia requires a valid drivers license to operate a moped. a suspended drivers license does not equate to (in my book) stop driving a car, switch to two wheels (imo)

i would assume (being of sound mind) that if i had a suspended id...i should not be driving....but that's just me.

I wouldn't equate a suspended driver's license with driving a moped at all. They go what, 10-15 miles an hour? He was using it to get around campus and from what I've heard from some ex-UGA students is that the road he was going "the wrong way" down was only just recently changed to one way because of construction that has forced one of the lanes closed.

Seriously, some people take some silly things way too seriously.

I wouldn't equate a suspended driver's license with driving a moped at all. They go what, 10-15 miles an hour? He was using it to get around campus and from what I've heard from some ex-UGA students is that the road he was going "the wrong way" down was only just recently changed to one way because of construction that has forced one of the lanes closed.

Sort of like when I got pulled over on June 1st for a May 2007 tag expiration date?

Sort of like when I got pulled over on June 1st for a May 2007 tag expiration date?

That's an outrage! What are you doing out of jail? You should be UNDER the jail for something like that.

You're probably the kind of guy that takes tags off of mattresses just for kicks. Sicko.

He was on a moped. I honestly feel sorry for the kid.

By any chance, was there a rather large, rotund female accompanying him? :lol:

As long as there are no pictures, IT NEVER HAPPENED!

But it was fun.....

Archived