Star Jackson to announce the 22nd of August

BamaGrad03

He is still saying his final 3 are Bama, AU, and WVU.

Anybody know who he is favoring? It looks like next to Terel Pryor he is the second best dual threat in this class.

It's really hard to say. He had nice things to say about all 3 schools in his interview today.

He visited AU and UA most recently.

Bama bound.

PS: He's overrated.

He wouldn't be overrated if you thought he was going to AU.

And what act are ya'll talking about? The guy has AU in his top 3. The only reason I posted the Tyler Love deal was because I thought he had AU in his top 3 also.

Bama bound.

I think there was sarcasm and irony in that remark.

Bama bound.

And what act are ya'll talking about? The guy has AU in his top 3. The only reason I posted the Tyler Love deal was because I thought he had AU in his top 3 also.

Top 3? Come on...they have to have a "top 3" in order to have an actual announcement. All it means is he liked us, but not enough.

Look at it this way...When it came down to choosing colleges, Clemson and Auburn were the final two, does that mean I came close to going to Clemson? Heck no. It just means they were the 2nd closest to what I was looking for.

Top 3? Come on...they have to have a "top 3" in order to have an actual announcement. All it means is he liked us, but not enough.

Look at it this way...When it came down to choosing colleges, Clemson and Auburn were the final two, does that mean I came close to going to Clemson? Heck no. It just means they were the 2nd closest to what I was looking for.

Obviously everyone just has a top 1. Because you can only go to one school. But since we aren't psychic (though you may be...and if so, I'm sorry), we have to assume that AU has a shot because he is in the top 3. You don't see Florida State fans caring at all about Star's announcement. Because he's not in the top 3.

He may go to UA. But that doesn't mean I'm trying to pull anything by posting something BEFORE his verbal.

All I know is that Tuberville needs to get his ass in gear. I know we can only sign 18 but he is not getting the job thus far in recruiting for 08.

Bama bound.

He would and he is. I felt that Jackson was overrated long before he camped with us and we offered, and I still feel that way. The only reason why he is ranked so highly is because of a relatively weak QB class. Sure, I'd love to land Jackson (and so would our coaching staff) but Jackson being ranked the 2nd best Dual Threat QB in the country is more a product of a weak class. He has potential and great athletic ability, but in all honesty he's a poor man's version of Kodi Burns...and Burns ranked something like the 7th or 9th best Dual Threat QB on Rivals last year (not that I agreed wiith that).

Why do you think he recieved so little in-state love? Miami chose TWO QBs over him (with Jacory Harris being an in-state QB they chose over him) and FSU didn't even look at him even before they landed EJ Manuel (who is FAR superior BTW).

Look for CTT and staff to extend an offer to Barrett Trotter. Even though he's a 2 star, he outshined 4 star D.C. Jefferson at the first AU passing camp. Big arm and a very smart QB.

Look for CTT and staff to extend an offer to Barrett Trotter. Even though he's a 2 star, he outshined 4 star D.C. Jefferson at the first AU passing camp. Big arm and a very smart QB.

I'd be very surprised if Trotter got an offer.

Jefferson is very overrated as well. Potential is there due to physical attributes but he's a long long way away.

All I know is that Tuberville needs to get his ass in gear. I know we can only sign 18 but he is not getting the job thus far in recruiting for 08.

Come on PowerI--no need for calling CTT out that way. I'll bet you we'll finish strong. We may not have a top 10 recruiting class on paper but I'll take the coaches evals over stars anyday. There's definitely more and more merit to these recruiting sites but in the end, they don't make great football players until they get coached up. The sky isn't falling and we are going to have a great season--despite the grueling schedule. I see 9 wins. Maybe even the SEC West.

Come on PowerI--no need for calling CTT out that way. I'll bet you we'll finish strong. We may not have a top 10 recruiting class on paper but I'll take the coaches evals over stars anyday. There's definitely more and more merit to these recruiting sites but in the end, they don't make great football players until they get coached up. The sky isn't falling and we are going to have a great season--despite the grueling schedule. I see 9 wins. Maybe even the SEC West.

You know PowerI. His avatar is what it is for a reason.

Archived