Is KY's Woodson Really this good?

Justin5

Now he is an All-American Pick? espn.com

I don't remember hearing this much talk about him last year. Yes, he is a quality player but this is getting a little ridiculous. I can easily see taking Brohm, Booty, or even Henne over Woodson for All-American.

I guess I should be happy they went with an SEC guy and I wish Woodson all of the luck in the world but I'm just not convinced.

So the simple question then would be this:

If you could pick any quarterback in the country for this year only, you would take Woodson?

If you could pick any quarterback in the country for this year only, you would take Woodson?

First of all, remember that this is a preseason projection of All American selections. And looking at all senior-to-be QBs with numbers for this season, Woodson looks pretty good. He's got NFL size (6-5, 230) going for him as well.

Woodsen is good but I would be surprised if he repeated his success with KY's overall talent around him AND schools now much more prepared to deal with him.

Woodsen is good but I would be surprised if he repeated his success with KY's overall talent around him AND schools now much more prepared to deal with him.

Agreeance to an extent, except that he has a good surrounding cast in the backfield with him. I admittedly know nothing about their OL, but they have a great back in Little that should help keep the heat off of him.

I'm not overly impressed with anyone just yet, and even though ESPN chose Woodson as first team, they still managed to honk Booty's bobo.

You are right but both of their lines are weak both in numbers and size.

Woodsen is a HELL of a QB and I think if he was on a UF/LSU/AU type team, he would put up MONSTER #'s, but I think UK's D is still TERRIBLE next year and their OL is still quite average at best.

You are right but both of their lines are weak both in numbers and size.

Woodsen is a HELL of a QB and I think if he was on a UF/LSU/AU type team, he would put up MONSTER #'s, but I think UK's D is still TERRIBLE next year and their OL is still quite average at best.

I think Vandy had a "HELL" of a QB that shredded UF's secondary in 2005, anybody remember Jay Coulter?

yes andre woodson is that good. he's gonna be a top 10 pick in the nfl draft next year (or maybe just outside like cutler was), and kentucky is going to score a ton of points this year with him and rafael little.

as for the question of who i would choose, it would be him or brian brohm. those are the best two qbs in the country, talent-wise, and they're going to be the first two guys taken in the draft. woodson is more mobile with a stronger arm; brohm, from what i've seen, is just a lot more refined. brohm should be in the nfl right now.

Colt Brennan would be my #1 pick. Saw him play in person last year...awesome QB.

His coach was on college football live today. Said if it wasn't for blatant drops last year, he would have completed 84% of his passes.

That's nuts.

About Brennan, didnt he have some character issues? I don't know if I'd risk a #1 overall on a mid-major QB with possible character issues.

About Brennan, didnt he have some character issues? I don't know if I'd risk a #1 overall on a mid-major QB with possible character issues.

Not that I know of. I know he got a lot of press for being outspoken about the crappy facilities at UH. He's a great team guy...he learned Samoan to help bond with his lineman and for audibles. He did his hair up in dreads as a bonding deal for his WRs.

Seems like an all around good dude.

Not that I know of. I know he got a lot of press for being outspoken about the crappy facilities at UH. He's a great team guy...he learned Samoan to help bond with his lineman and for audibles. He did his hair up in dreads as a bonding deal for his WRs.

Seems like an all around good dude.

He did have that little thing with molesting that girl while at Colorado. Other than that, yeah great dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Brennan

actually the facts behind Brennan are worse than I originally remembered

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2664279

For Brennan, Hawaii was more than a refuge. It was a place to regain control, something he lost on Jan. 28, 2004.

That night, Brennan, then a freshman at Colorado, drunkenly entered a female student's room uninvited and didn't leave. He was charged with several crimes including sexual assault. Colorado, which at the time faced accusations of sex crimes involving several football players, quickly dismissed Brennan from the team.

Brennan was convicted of first-degree criminal trespass and second-degree burglary, but was acquitted of charges of sexual assault and indecent exposure. He was sentenced to seven days in jail and four years probation.

townhall beat me to it

saniflush says that KY on his Woodson really is that good.

I was waiting for something like this. I was going to stay away :big:

270 ypg 31 TDs 7 INTs and 63% completion...in the SEC? Yeah, he's that good.

Have you looked at Kentucky's schedule for 2006? That has something to do with his numbers, I think.

Location Time / Result

September 3

Louisville (ESPN) L, 59-28

September 9

Texas State W, 41-7

September 16

Ole Miss W, 31-14

September 23

Florida (ESPN) L, 26-7

September 30

Central Michigan (BBSN-D) W, 45-36

October 7